Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Rise of the Triad (1995) Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
hammer oz

my 3 level episode
this is my 3 level episode i made using rott mapper deluxe.
I would make more but the freeware version has a 3 level limit

enjoy
the download has been changed due to a problem with the jump pads in the second level
http://rapidshare.com/files/38175516...fixed.zip.html

any feedback on these levels would be much appreciated as it will help in the future when making more maps
Last edited by hammer oz; 04-29-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
hammer oz

Re: my 3 level episode
101 views and no comments or feedback jees
Old 05-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
jbailey

I haven't had a chance to look at your maps yet due to work on winrottgl, but
I'll take a look as soon as I can...

http://www.riseofthetriad.dk/DL_GlROTT.htm

jbailey
Old 05-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
jbailey

If you want to try a different editor, try this link:

http://www.riseofthetriad.dk/Rott3Deditor.zip

There is no documentation, so you'll have to figure it out as you go.

http://www.riseofthetriad.dk/DL_GlROTT.htm

jbailey
Old 07-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
DavidMcmurdo

I took a break fro making my own levels to give these a try and a really enjoyed them. For some reason I wasn't expecting them to be as difficult as they were and I got my ass kicked on the first level thanks to being shot to death through windows and from on high. I found your use of elevator doors throughout interesting as well, it produces a rather interesting look when you open them that is vaguely magical.

I took a look at each map in an editor just out of interest and I noticed that on the final one there is a small room in the middle of empty space that contains four men yet is unaccessable. Was this intended to be an area at one point or is there some purpose to this? I just ask because since beginning to make ROTT levels I have found that the whole process is deceptively simple and there are actually all kinds of neat tricks you can do and perhaps this is one I am unaware of.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #6
hammer oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcmurdo View Post
I took a break fro making my own levels to give these a try and a really enjoyed them. For some reason I wasn't expecting them to be as difficult as they were and I got my ass kicked on the first level thanks to being shot to death through windows and from on high. I found your use of elevator doors throughout interesting as well, it produces a rather interesting look when you open them that is vaguely magical.

I took a look at each map in an editor just out of interest and I noticed that on the final one there is a small room in the middle of empty space that contains four men yet is unaccessable. Was this intended to be an area at one point or is there some purpose to this? I just ask because since beginning to make ROTT levels I have found that the whole process is deceptively simple and there are actually all kinds of neat tricks you can do and perhaps this is one I am unaware of.
that was just at test room i completely forgot about. i was using it to test different methods on how the enemies can detect you it really has no purpose. as for the first level i made the levels so that it requires abit of thinking and skill not just running into a room blasting all the enemies and then continuing. you need to look around first before continueing
Old 07-12-2010, 01:56 AM   #7
DavidMcmurdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer oz View Post
that was just at test room i completely forgot about. i was using it to test different methods on how the enemies can detect you it really has no purpose. as for the first level i made the levels so that it requires abit of thinking and skill not just running into a room blasting all the enemies and then continuing. you need to look around first before continueing
Haha yeah running in guns blazing is exactly what I did at first. I had to go through four maps I had made and replace every single last soldier because there is a mistake in the documentation that implies that it's the guys with the yellow arrows that patrol and will follow directional arrows when in fact it is the guys with the green arrows. I've discovered a lot about the behaviour of the ROTT badguys since starting this project. They are actually quite competant in the right circumstances and can even successfully negotiate fairly complex mazes and even use EGADS to get where they need to be.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #8
Ohhai

Any change you can reupload these levels to something like mediafire?
The rapidshare downloads have been exceeded.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
hammer oz

its uploaded to mediafire but i don't know how to get the download link

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php
i hope that link helps

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey View Post
If you want to try a different editor, try this link:

http://www.riseofthetriad.dk/Rott3Deditor.zip

There is no documentation, so you'll have to figure it out as you go.

thats a good editor but no offence i found it abit slow and it tends to crash on me most of the time
Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #10
hammer oz

i was right i dont have a clue how to use megaupload i still have the 3 levels on y other computer but im currently doind maintenance to it so ill be able to get the file back up atleast nest week
Old 10-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
Per_Scan

The link is dead for the 3 level map set above. I don't suppose anyone has a copy kicking around I could try out? Thanks in anticipation!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #12
hammer oz

the current link doesn't work anymore so here's the new one link

give me a shout if it goes down again if i am correct its only available to 10 downloaders

If anyone can help me find a more permanent host for this file please tell me

http://rapidshare.com/files/43215656...cape_fixed.zip

enjoy
Old 11-21-2010, 04:04 AM   #13
Darkman 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer oz View Post
If anyone can help me find a more permanent host for this file please tell me
Megaupload uploads tend to last much, much longer than Rapidshare ones. Give that a shot.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #14
hammer oz

i cant figure out how to get megaupload to work

a turorial might help please

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

well this is crap i accidentally deleted my 3 maps and rapidshare wont let me re download them darkman don't suppose you could upload them to mega upload for me please
Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #15
Per_Scan

If you have a Hotmail or Live account you can use your 'Skydrive' it's basically a virtual storage solution for your own files. It lasts forever and you can share the files with anyone. If you're unsure how to use it let me know and I'll talk you through it.

PS: The Rapidshare link seems to be dead now...
PPS: I have a Live account that I use for this purpose only (I wouldn't use it for mail really!) so if you'd rather, I could upload it to my account for you but you'd have to give me the file first!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #16
hammer oz

finally got megaupload to work so here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PDGH635X

hopefully there will be no more problems from here on out
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 AM   #17
Per_Scan

This is great! I've only played the first level so far but I really enjoyed it. Some really nice touches (I won't say as I don't want to print spoilers). I hope the other levels are half as fun as the first. Well done!

PS: Glad you sorted out your hosting issues.