Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Dopefish.com Forum
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-1999, 11:00 PM   #1
Scyth
What would you guys think of having a Dopefish pumpkin carving contest? Last year I carved a Dopefish pumpkin and it turned out quite well (never got a picture). I think it might be cool to try and out do each other. The pictures could be collected and we could ask some "major Dopefish people" to be judges ("Tom Hall said I carved the best Dopefish pumpkin. Oh Yeah!").

What do you guys think?

Old 10-17-1999, 10:55 AM   #2
Stingray
Just get me a pumpkin, and I'll carve it.

Old 10-17-1999, 11:06 AM   #3
Justin
My family usually just draws the face on with a marker pen so it lasts longer. Would that count?

Old 10-20-1999, 05:48 PM   #4
Scyth
Sure, what ever. Personally, I like to peel pumpkins rather than carve them for a cool glow effect. Or, if you go to my school, there's a pumpkin painting contest. Wouldn't want students bringing knives to school would we? Nooo... to dangerous: knives are weapons. Of course, by our school rather vague definition weapons, so are pens and pencils and rulers and binders and even clothes. Anything I can use to hurt or threaten other people is a weapon. Even the school handbook that has that rule in it is a weapon.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Mind you, anything having to do with the school adminstration is a pet peeve of mine.

-Greg Golds

"Since were only pretending there's an earthquake, I'm going to pretend that I'm getting under may desktop and counting to sixty, and I'm only going to pretend that I'm taking this seriously... ..Hey anybody want to go outside and shake the portable?"

Old 11-02-1999, 10:56 PM   #5
Scyth
Well, it didn't happen...

I showed up at the grocery store on Halloween Day and no pumpkins... at least none that had no green or brown or concave or missing areas.

I did, however, get awesome costume together. I was an agent (from the movie, The Matrix). Very cool. Had the little earpiece and all.

-Scyth

"As you can see, we've had our eye on you some time now Mr. Anderson. It seems you've been living two lives. In one of these lives, you are Thomas A. Anderson, program writer for a respectable software company. You have a social security number, you pay your taxes, and...you help your landlady take carry out her garbage. The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias Neo, and are guilty are practically every computer crime law for. One of these lives has a future, Mr. Anderson, and one of them does not."

Old 11-03-1999, 04:39 PM   #6
Justin
No go either. Our pumpkin wound up with a regular face (no one else in my family seems to like Dopefish for some reason).