Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
prophecy holder

Can't install Duke 3D
Haven't been here in a long time. Question might never get answered or even in the wrong place but here goes. I recently upgraded my computer, my previous one was an ancient creature. Single core, 32 bit, 1.5 ghtz, 2 gb ram, 160 gb memory AND well over 15 years old (literally).

Ran Duke3D perfectly along with the High resolution pack. Well now it doesn't even install because my new system is 64 bit instead of 32. I've searched the web and got no answers. Is there a thing I have to download to make it work?
"Ever since I was a little boy, dressing up has always been...my greatest joy. But when It's time to be discreet, there is one thing you just can't beat and that's a strapless backless classical little black dress"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4BCOrLmJ0
Old 02-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
The Dukenator

Re: Can't install Duke 3D
What is the specs of the new system?

Edit: Try asking on Duke4.net for help.
Last edited by The Dukenator; 02-14-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
prophecy holder

Re: Can't install Duke 3D
Ok when tried installing manually it gives me this message:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check you computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (640bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher"

I can install Duke3D 1.3 with dosbox, but the plutonium pack doesn't work at all. The patch keeps failing and keeps telling me to reinstall. I tried downloading ppack15 and it gives me the same message above. I tried running in admin and it still gives me the same message above.

I tried doing ppack15 in dosbox and dosbox doesn't want to do it, it first gives me this message:

"This is a windows self-extracting zip file. You can run it from windows or unzip it with a utility like winzip or pkunzip."

tried install and it says:

"this program cannot be run in dos mode".

tried unzipping it and using dosbox on the file install from ppack15 and it says cannot find install.cfg

so what am I suppose to do?
"Ever since I was a little boy, dressing up has always been...my greatest joy. But when It's time to be discreet, there is one thing you just can't beat and that's a strapless backless classical little black dress"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4BCOrLmJ0
Last edited by prophecy holder; 02-27-2012 at 10:12 AM.