Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
ChrisM85
Question Question about Kill-a-Ton Collection Box Art
Hi,

I'm cleaning some stuff out of storage and noticed I still had a boxed copy of the Kill-a-Ton collection. Having no use for it currently, I'm going to be getting rid of it one way or another. After doing some research though, I found two different versions of the artwork and I'm curious what the difference is.

The version I have has the six included games/stuff lined up across the bottom of the box, whereas the other version I am seeing has them lined up vertically on the right side of the box and an Eidos logo. I'm assuming one is US and one is Europe or something? Does anyone by chance know the dates of these and/or any other significance between the two? Rarity and all that whatnot?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks! =]
Old 06-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
MrBlackCat

Re: Question about Kill-a-Ton Collection Box Art
You assume correctly. The one with with the six games across the bottom is the US version and the other is the European version. There could be minor variations of these two boxes, but I think those are the only two significant variations.
They were released in 1997 only, as far as I know. From the ones I have seen, I believe there was only run made in the US, but that is speculation. I don't own the Euro box... YET! So I can't comment much on it.

You can find out more on the Game Collectors Market if you want. Not sure how many of those guys might see this post.

Rarity... all boxed games are getting harder to find, and Duke Nukem Forever spawned quite a few new collectors who would want it and "truly" pay for it.

If you can, post some images of it from several sides and show any damage to the box I am sure I can find someone to give us a fairly accurate estimate. I sold quite a few of them back then, but I sold out of most all games several years ago. I still have my own collection, but not many duplicates.

Condition and completeness govern the price though.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Last edited by MrBlackCat; 06-03-2012 at 10:42 PM.