Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Tears of Blood
My Idea for Max Payne 3
As posted on www.escapistmagazine.com.

Quote:
Max Payne.

Let's set the scene.

Max has settled down with Mona Sax, who would probably be Mona Payne (HA HA HA) if she wasn't a criminal. They have a child. On this child's oh, I dunno', 13th or so birthday, an organization looking to avenge Vlad from Max Payne 2 sends a hitman to take care of Max. The hitman breaks in and shoots our faithful ex-protagonist, mortally wounding him. However, Max is a tough guy and he's determined not to let this **** happen again. This time, he protects his family from the crazed gunman. However, Max Payne is not able to reach the hospital quickly enough and dies.

Now, his son is distraught over his death. His only clue as to who the hitman was is a small *insert dubious symbol of great plot importance* which he found near the man's corpse. Fast forward to adulthood. The son becomes a cop to follow in Max's footsteps, and has kept dubious symbol of great plot importance. One day, he is assigned a case and the symbol comes up again, and another Max payne-esque adventure bursts onto our Xbox 360s and PS3s.

The Son of Max Payne

I think it's goddamn brilliant.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Heil Duke
Re: My Idea for Max Payne 3
get a life plz.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
blenkarnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears of Blood View Post
Good idea.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
Haravikk

I'd rather have the game about Max as normal, and more likely have Mona killed, setting him off yet again. The reason I loved the games so much was the gritty, homicide detective graphic novel excerpts.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Piano Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears of Blood View Post
Max Payne.

Let's set the scene.

Max has settled down with Mona Sax, who would probably be Mona Payne (HA HA HA) if she wasn't a criminal. They have a child. On this child's oh, I dunno', 13th or so birthday, an organization looking to avenge Vlad from Max Payne 2 sends a hitman to take care of Max. The hitman breaks in and shoots our faithful ex-protagonist, mortally wounding him. However, Max is a tough guy and he's determined not to let this **** happen again. This time, he protects his family from the crazed gunman. However, Max Payne is not able to reach the hospital quickly enough and dies.

Now, his son is distraught over his death. His only clue as to who the hitman was is a small *insert dubious symbol of great plot importance* which he found near the man's corpse. Fast forward to adulthood. The son becomes a cop to follow in Max's footsteps, and has kept dubious symbol of great plot importance. One day, he is assigned a case and the symbol comes up again, and another Max payne-esque adventure bursts onto our Xbox 360s and PS3s.

The Son of Max Payne
I wouldn't play that in a million years... You kill Max Payne - you've screwed the game up - unless he dies at the end of the game and that's the last chapter...

Although I think the 3rd game will already suck judging by the screenshots... since the game developers seem to have written out everything that makes Max Payne - Max Payne and then said 'Nah... that formula won't work - Let's make him a Ninja from the future with Psychic Abilities...'

...which oddly enough would be just as out of place as Max does in the new screenshots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE'S WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE:

A Max Payne Mod built from the GTA IV engine... because the Euphoria effects are just awesome... the graphics (when they're not buggy and weird) are phenomenal and the GTA IV Video editor would allow you to make some ******* AWESOME videos... and allow you to have some EXCELLENT playback time...

Plus a lot of the weapons are already coded...
Last edited by Piano Man; 07-20-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: The artificial intelligence in my computer is monitoring what I say...

Old 08-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
Peter Benders
max payne 3 should be having all the ass kicking which was there in the previous ones.... a very strong story line... and some neat graphics...
Old 12-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
martian1127
A good story could follow a plot where he comes back from Brazil, to find Mona still running around as a fugitive in New York. When they finally catch her, she is killed. But as Max Payne investigates her death; he finds out that she was killed by some crooked cops in the NYPD, working for some people in the inner circle.

And lets give the game a new kind of style. It's about time they introduced a control element of free roaming through New York. Not to make it too much like Grand Theft Auto or Driver, but it would be nice if you could ride around in cars and go into certain places where you can observe the civilian life in New York. Like I said, it would be something new to keep people interested in the Max Payne series. Although, this game takes place in Brazil.