Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > General Messages > 3DR Forums Greatest Hits
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2002, 04:14 PM   #81
Alex
Re: 3D Realms invaded
Nice job Tip and ICR!

That may inspire me to round up some other DC-based UBBers for a trek down to Legend's HQ to scope out Unreal2 \o/\o/
Old 10-16-2002, 04:24 PM   #82
Fnord404
3DRealms: Feel the love!

Some game companies don't even have forums, 3DRealms lets the forum members into their building. Talk about keeping in touch with the fans.

Old 10-16-2002, 04:30 PM   #83
megarust
I infiltrated the 3Drealms headquarters today too!!! I have sooooo much to tell you all about DNF. Ok so this is how it goes.. [Deleted. You will find out [img]graemlins/wid.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wid.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wid.gif[/img] ]

Post edited by: George Broussard - 10/16/02 - 5:29 pm
Old 10-16-2002, 06:48 PM   #84
PlayfulPuppy
Dude, they only let them in to implant them with a virus.

Unless they forgot again.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:56 PM   #85
The Bad Guy
Quote:
Originally posted by megarust32:
I infiltrated the 3Drealms headquarters today too!!! I have sooooo much to tell you all about DNF. Ok so this is how it goes.. [Deleted. You will find out [img]graemlins/wid.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wid.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wid.gif[/img] ]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
DARN I MISSED THE SPOILLER POST!!!!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

Hay wait, that post wasn`t edited by George! HAHA BUSTED BY T3H QUOTE! You put that in. Man you fooled me there, NJ.

[ 10-16-2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: The bad guy ]
Old 10-16-2002, 08:28 PM   #86
Maximum

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tinyted.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tinyted.gif[/img]
Lucky bastards. How far is Garland from Harker Heights, or Killeen?
err, is it past Dallas?

[ 10-16-2002, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Maximum ]

"I've always got my hand on my joystick"
Old 10-16-2002, 08:39 PM   #87
Fnord404
How far is this Garland place from Connecticut? One town, two towns over?

Old 10-16-2002, 09:23 PM   #88
GetSome
Damn, that is not fair. I mean George keeps looking younger and I keep looking older. That bastard, living good. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 09:26 PM   #89
nyne
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe3DR:
We did have a laugh about some of the more gooberish forum members, though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HEY!!! I don't talk about you behind YOUR back!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

...or do I???.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 11:05 PM   #90
Farlander
Quote:
Originally posted by Tip:
As for the questions of whether or not we were there, we were.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK, but I do have to admit that AXE is right when she says those images look photoshopped. Tip, all of your appearences in those pictures look hilariously fake. I'm not saying they are, and I'm not claiming you weren't there, all I'm saying is that if you were there, you picked some funny ways to pose [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 11:11 PM   #91
LeadBullet

Its cool to see how nice they were to those two, but if another group ends up showing up I am sure that the next thing we know we would be told that they don't want use dropping by.

BTW I was wondering about a few things:

Why is it that only a few 3DR employees are visible in the pictures? Did they all freak out and hide because they don't like having their picture taken?

Or did they just think it was too weird having people like them showing up, so they just stayed in their office and closed the door?

Also, it seems like you guys let them just walk around and hang out for a while, so do you guys all work on DNF with your offices locked or something? There didn't seem to be much worry over them seeing something they shouldn't have.

[ 10-17-2002, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: LeadBullet ]
Old 10-16-2002, 11:19 PM   #92
London_Midge

Quote:
Originally posted by Farlander:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Tip:
As for the questions of whether or not we were there, we were.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK, but I do have to admit that AXE is right when she says those images look photoshopped. Tip, all of your appearences in those pictures look hilariously fake. I'm not saying they are, and I'm not claiming you weren't there, all I'm saying is that if you were there, you picked some funny ways to pose [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tip did say he was so nervous when he first got there that ICR had to do all of the talking. I completely understand most of his static poses, and if I had been there, I don't think I would have been feeling up any of the 3DR guys either.

/shrug
Old 10-16-2002, 11:24 PM   #93
poo_al
Quote:
Originally posted by The bad guy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by megarust32:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
DARN I MISSED THE SPOILLER POST!!!!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

Hay wait, that post wasn`t edited by George! HAHA BUSTED BY T3H QUOTE! You put that in. Man you fooled me there, NJ.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hope you're not serious. That "fake editing" was so mind-numbingly obvious. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 12:52 AM   #94
Kalki

Quote:
We did have a laugh about some of the more gooberish forum members, though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sticks and stones. [img]graemlins/tinyted.gif[/img]
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 10-17-2002, 08:40 AM   #95
Tip
Quote:
Originally posted by LeadBullet:
Why is it that only a few 3DR employees are visible in the pictures? Did they all freak out and hide because they don't like having their picture taken?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Most of the employees were working on the game and we weren't allowed to take pictures of them in front of a level open in the editor or anything like that. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 08:48 AM   #96
Vyperfire
I think the only forum member that lives in Florida is Cyrenius. Maybe I'll yell out his name randomly the next time I'm up visiting some of my friends at UF.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:03 PM   #97
Tavillion

Quote:
Originally posted by Tip:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by LeadBullet:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Most of the employees were working on the game and we weren't allowed to take pictures of them in front of a level open in the editor or anything like that. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">*nods* Exactly. All I ever see of the guys up there are when they come through the game room to grab a drink, or when they're on break. *shrugs*
"It's like a group of clowns detonated in a warehouse full of shoes and the EMTs decided to scream into a microphone about low, low prices instead of cleaning up the mess." - Uncle Duke on Shoe Carnival
Old 10-17-2002, 02:18 PM   #98
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
or when they're on break
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Which for the guys who smoke seems like 4 times an hour.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 10-17-2002, 02:30 PM   #99
Tavillion

Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">or when they're on break
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Which for the guys who smoke seems like 4 times an hour.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I've noticed that. I meant lunch break though. I'd say some little tidbits about the company, but I dunno how much Tip and ICR got to see, nor do I know how much the guys are willing to let slip [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm fairly sure all I know about the experiences I have up there (save for a few) are ok, but I'm not completely sure. I'll PM you later Joe to make sure I'm not making a complete idiot out of myself [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
"It's like a group of clowns detonated in a warehouse full of shoes and the EMTs decided to scream into a microphone about low, low prices instead of cleaning up the mess." - Uncle Duke on Shoe Carnival
Old 10-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #100
Rott King

GOD DAMN!YOU DIDN'T KISS JOE?!?IT'S GOOD LUCK I SWEAR TO GOD!!Anyway you're a lucky byatch.Too bad i live in CT instead of TX....Because i'd go there and punch all of the 3DR Employees once and run. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 03:53 PM   #101
Tavillion

Quote:
Originally posted by Rott King:
GOD DAMN!YOU DIDN'T KISS JOE?!?IT'S GOOD LUCK I SWEAR TO GOD!!Anyway you're a lucky byatch.Too bad i live in CT instead of TX....Because i'd go there and punch all of the 3DR Employees once and run. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">George'll chase you down in his tank... I mean, Hummer!
Old 10-17-2002, 04:02 PM   #102
Bludd

Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">or when they're on break
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Which for the guys who smoke seems like 4 times an hour.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Smoking makes baby Jesus cry!

"It's only rock 'n' roll but I like it."
What cat detector van? The cat detector van from the Ministry of Housinge.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:40 PM   #103
SpazzyChick

Quote:
Originally posted by Misel:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Joe3DR:
The guards that were supposed to shoot forum goers have been fired and replaced with better guards. The next attempt to get in here won't be so lucky.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know the secret weapon that will let me enter 3DR HQ once I'd be there. And you know you should but couldn't resist. Does "Queen Aggravain" rings a bell?

*laughs evilly* muahahahahaha

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lol
Old 10-17-2002, 04:54 PM   #104
DI-MeisterM

http://files.vsunion.org/MadManGT1/joes_games.jpg

Oh, Joe got Daikatana. I'm impressed...
Old 10-17-2002, 05:05 PM   #105
Draco
"And who are you?"

"Draco."

"Ha ha, yeah. Seriously, who are you."

"..."

"SHIT! RUN!"
Old 10-17-2002, 05:15 PM   #106
Tavillion

Quote:
Originally posted by Draco:
"And who are you?"

"Draco."

"..."

"SHIT! RUN!"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'd react like that if you ever entered within 20 miles of Garland!

I'm surprised I didn't run in fear from ICR and Tip...

Then again, my spider senses were napping [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 05:17 PM   #107
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by MeisterM:
http://files.vsunion.org/MadManGT1/joes_games.jpg

Oh, Joe got Daikatana. I'm impressed...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Autographed by Romero, no less. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 10-17-2002, 05:19 PM   #108
BADGER
Draco, any reasonably sane person would react like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 05:19 PM   #109
Tavillion

*shrugs*

All I have is a Doom 1-2 music CD autographed by Bobby Prince. There's some pretty good music on there for its time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 06:07 PM   #110
Tip
Quote:
Originally posted by Tavillion:
I'd say some little tidbits about the company, but I dunno how much Tip and ICR got to see, nor do I know how much the guys are willing to let slip
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, much to everyone else's annoyance I think all that I have posted is all that I will say.
Oh, and for everyone who keeps private messaging me with things like, "Hey dude, tell me ALL the details. No one will ever know you told me," well if I actually told all of you that said that then everyone would know without you telling anyone.
SOOOOOOO... SHUT UP! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-17-2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Tip ]
Old 10-17-2002, 06:47 PM   #111
Marty

lol get over it people
Old 10-17-2002, 09:24 PM   #112
Tavillion

*laughs* There really isn't much to see. I'm dead serious about that. Sure, there's a game room with a satellite, PS2, Xbox, etc...

Sure there's a kitchen with loads of snacks and drinks

Sure there are the walls of fame and shame...

Other than that, it's just computers and Joe's game collection.

Oh, and Lee's anime collection...

If you want to gawk at powered down computers, go right ahead. You think 3DR would let anyone in on any projects? Hey, even I don't know very much. The little I do know I've picked up walking down the halls, or hearing the guys talk about it a little in the game room on break. Even though all I know is extremely basic and standard to almost any game design, I still won't give it out. Even if I did, you'd be extremely disappointed. In essence, all any of us REALLY know is this.

1. It's being worked on
2. There's music
3. There's Duke
4. There are levels
5. There are guns
6. The guns have sounds

That's all we know for sure, and all we will know until 3DR sees fit to release further info.

In other words, I'm defending Tip and ICR. Leave 'em alone, they know less than I do, which is VERY little. With that, I say "enough"

Have a nice day [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #113
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Heh, no one has yet to pm me.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:01 PM   #114
Logic Bomb
Quote:
Originally posted by Inanimate Carbon Rod:
Heh, no one has yet to pm me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would you squeel? If so im sure you'de get a few [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Logic BomB

Old 10-17-2002, 10:14 PM   #115
Vyperfire
Quote:
Originally posted by Vyperfire:
I think the only forum member that lives in Florida is Cyrenius. Maybe I'll yell out his name randomly the next time I'm up visiting some of my friends at UF.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wait -- I forgot Drazula. Too bad he doesn't come around these parts too often. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 11:13 PM   #116
MrEricSir
Quote:
Originally posted by Draco:
"And who are you?"
"Draco."
"..."
"SHIT! RUN!"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hell, that's what I'd do. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 11:26 PM   #117
BADGER
Tavillion:

You mean you've never been walking down the halls to the can or something and heard people yelling in the next room stuff like:

"Holy shit! I never knew we could achieve deformable terrain in the Unreal engine!"

"Doom code? I like the sound of that!"

"Could we make his wang longer?"

"She needs more tits."

"Wow, at a game running time of 26 hours, going smoothly at a lowly 800mhz machine, on a buggy beta, doing an internet play test, it's cool that the crotch grab/scratch command still works without a slow down in the RPG transformation where it turns into a giant laser, ala ID4."

You know, little nick nacks like that...
Old 10-17-2002, 11:45 PM   #118
PlayfulPuppy
"She needs more tits" could be in reference to anything! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2002, 12:55 AM   #119
Inanimate Carbon Rod

I think this thread should be moved to the 3DR UBB Greatest Hits.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:14 AM   #120
DI-MeisterM

Quote:
Autographed by Romero, no less. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same here [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]