Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
lemm
Keen Gun Netkeen: Multiplayer Keen Galaxy Remake
Hello folks,

Netkeen is an arena deathmatch Commander Keen Galaxy remake that lets you play against 3 other people over a LAN or the internet, using the DosBox IPX-over-UDP tunneling. It uses the Wolf3D code, the reversed-engineered Keen physics and character code, and the Doom IPX networking module.

There's more info, as well as a download link, on the Public Commander Keen Forum , and also a few Youtube Videos (just search for "Netkeen"). The source is also included.

If you're looking for opponents, you can join the #pckf IRC channel on Foonetic.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Litude

Re: Netkeen: Multiplayer Keen Galaxy Remake
Wow man, this thing is pure genius. I figured it was worth a download the moment I read that it used reverse engined data for the physics, but man was I still blown away. It totally felt like you were playing an official game in the series since the mechanics matched exactly the way one could remember them working in the actual games. Can't believe this things been out there for a few months and I only notice it now.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Videogamer555
Wait, you are talking about making a pirated game directly ripping of GG, and you have the GALL to talk about it on the OFFICIAL forum of the company that MADE THE GAME?! WOW you got guts, but it'll turn to epic fail when 3DR calls the cops to your house to arrest you for copyright infringement. You better remove this post before the employees at 3DR see it and dial 911.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Flaose

Cool Re: Netkeen: Multiplayer Keen Galaxy Remake
It has the blessing of Keen creator Tom Hall, but thanks for coming out.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Sang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
Wait, you are talking about making a pirated game directly ripping of GG, and you have the GALL to talk about it on the OFFICIAL forum of the company that MADE THE GAME?! WOW you got guts, but it'll turn to epic fail when 3DR calls the cops to your house to arrest you for copyright infringement. You better remove this post before the employees at 3DR see it and dial 911.
id made the game, not Apogee/3DR (yes they did publish it) and to be honest I doubt they (id or 3DR) still care.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
MrBlackCat

I am not a big fan of Keen games, but this is just a really great creation...
Excellent work. Thanks for sharing this.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)