Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Zaero
Situation depedent duke talks
I'm thinking for some time that it may be cool if someone will make a mod which adds new "duke talks" from other duke games (Manhattan project, DN64) into DN3D. Also it could be nice if the duke quotes will be situation dependent for example:
destroyed sentry drone? quote "batteries not included" (MP)
killed pig cop? quote "I HATE pigs!" (MP)
messy explosion? quote "You are the disease and I am the cure" (DN64)
picked up some weapon? quote "Babes, bullets, bombs.. damn I love this job!" (MP) or "Go ahead, make my day!" (DN64, also DN3D Atomic "Pigsty" level)

Also, if someone would be nice enough to make a "save the babe" mod ( http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showth...t=26044&page=2 ) the girl's "thank you"s from MP should also be included ("How can I thank you?! for ex.)
Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Dopefish7590

Re: Situation depedent duke talks
i dunno if it would be legal to use 3drealms's matirials that way =\
Old 04-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
Sang

Illegal. I ripped the sounds out of DNMP myself sometime ago to release a one-liner pack for the community, but I first contacted Joe about this and turns out it wasn't legal.

So, no.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
TheLazenby
An uncensored "Yippie ki yay, mother******" would be nice...

(I actually made this -and lost it- a long time ago, thanks to a tiny bit of clever editing. Never could figure out how to replace the in-game version though.)
Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
TerminX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLazenby View Post
An uncensored "Yippie ki yay, mother******" would be nice...

(I actually made this -and lost it- a long time ago, thanks to a tiny bit of clever editing. Never could figure out how to replace the in-game version though.)
See my attachment.

Also, uh, yeah, taking Duke material and putting it into another game (even if it's another Duke game) is certainly illegal. Don't do it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip yippie01.zip (14.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #6
Zaero
Question Re: Situation depedent duke talks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminX View Post
See my attachment.

Also, uh, yeah, taking Duke material and putting it into another game (even if it's another Duke game) is certainly illegal. Don't do it.
Hey, wait a minute.. ok, it's illegal for people that don't own DNMP for example, but what if someone already have it? He can use the files from the MP! Just some sort of con file is needed and some sound converter. So my idea is: to release the mod as a con file(s), converter and instructions how to add new sounds to the game. Is it still illegal??
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #7
TerminX

If it takes the information from their installed copy of DN:MP or from their DN:MP install disc, it's legal. The DN:MP sounds are just ogg files inside of zip format archives, right? Sounds easy to automate.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
Zaero
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminX View Post
If it takes the information from their installed copy of DN:MP or from their DN:MP install disc, it's legal. The DN:MP sounds are just ogg files inside of zip format archives, right? Sounds easy to automate.
Yes, they're just ogg files. So all we need is a converter, mod script for eduke32 and instructions "how to..".