Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 09:08 AM   #1
aavenr
Deep Six at E3!
Just in case you haven't visited D6 lately:

"Just wanted to let you guys know that as part of our commitment to the Max Payne community, Deep Six is sending up two staff writers to cover up Max Payne 2 and other games at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). As most of you are undoubtly aware of, this is huge and widely hyped industry trade show taking place on Los Angeles May 14-16. Maniac and myself are going to work hard to bring you the latest on the show, the games, and most of all, the Max Payne sequel. We are taking this opportunity VERY seriously so expect some truly cool content coming up to you just after the show. Many thanks go to Gamespy for making this possible. So now you know it guys, stay tuned".

-aavenr
Old 05-07-2003, 01:40 PM   #2
Sloth
Re: Deep Six at E3!
i don't think Max Payne 2 is gonna be shown at e3, it is not on Gamespots list of E3 Games.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/fea...ist/index.html

although maybe you can get some info out of the developers who i'm sure will be there.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:09 AM   #3
biXen
They'll probably show a video and screenshots like in 2001, since it comes out this year probably. Maybe some lucky ones get a demo in da backroom [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2003, 07:49 AM   #4
aavenr
They'll probably be showing some video of the game and hopefully doing some sort of presentantion and Q&A. Man, I am really hoping I can get to meet the Remedy guys, Saku, Aki, Skaven, Anssi, etc. By the way, i'll make sure to ask about the modding capabilities, the new editor and stuff like that. Should be pretty excitiing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2003, 07:37 AM   #5
biXen
Quote:
Originally posted by aavenr:
They'll probably be showing some video of the game and hopefully doing some sort of presentantion and Q&A. Man, I am really hoping I can get to meet the Remedy guys, Saku, Aki, Skaven, Anssi, etc. By the way, i'll make sure to ask about the modding capabilities, the new editor and stuff like that. Should be pretty excitiing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They probably only send Markus, Sam and Petri or something for the actual showcase, but I guess some of the other ones might be at E3 as guests [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2003, 08:14 AM   #6
aavenr
Yeah, you are probably right. Makes a lot more sense the lead designers do the actual presentation as oppossed to the ones that do the grunt work. Have you guys talked about Remedy and e3 lately with Marvel on IRC?
Old 05-11-2003, 12:27 PM   #7
theHunted
have a nice stay at california, and enjoy the sun and that kickass town, lucky stud [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
(and get us some kickass secret news [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

[ 05-11-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: theHunted ]
Old 05-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #8
biXen
There's been some talking yes, dunno what I can say and what I can't say, so can't really tell you what it was about... here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 01:25 PM   #9
aavenr
hehe, yeah i know what you mean bix. will try to get my ass over there more often [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

and 'll do that the hunted, check out my weblog at deep six later this week for some updated ramblings about the show [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]