Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
Dukefan24

Goofy Build 'Out of Sync' crash?
I'm not sure if this had been reported before (it's not that important however), but the search function didn't gave a good match.. Well, I was playing some Co-Op with a guy I met in a therefore Dukematch, and for some reason the well known 'Build Crash' error message popped up in it's DOS-like style on the upper-left of the screen and shortly thereafter we both returned to the lobby without the new 'Out of Sync' message that normally pops up after failed laggy Dukematches. As far as I know our connections were good (2 player co-op) and we did nothing strange (instead of dying alot). It happened when pulling one of the 2 underwater switches in the map in episode2 after the one with the tower and the platform bridges (forgot many episode level names in that episode).

Actual prove that the game is the original Duke3D.. Anyone else had a Build crash or Out of Sync error on XBLA?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
George Broussard

Re: Build 'Out of Sync' crash?
I got this once in about 50 or 60 online matches. Those bugs are very difficult to reproduce and find, so I'm sure there may be a couple more in there. They are pretty rare and Duke 3D is a game such that you normally don't lose much progress if it ever happens to you. We did find and fix several of them above and beyond the original game.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Yeah, in all the games I've played since it was released, I've had one Network out of Sync. Given how much I've played, that's a pretty good ratio, I think.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 09-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Dukefan24

It happened to me one time in co-op (as explained above) and one time in a laggy Dukematch (which also made the 'Out of Sync' textbox pop up back in the lobby). I see it more like a 'strange glitch' rather than an annoyance, just like the few times it happened on the PC version when people started to use routers/firewalls.. Well, thanks for the fast and informative reply!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
hammer oz

this happenend to me when i was playing a dukematch on duke burger i was wondering what all of the numbers ment