Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
Rubix
Question Trouble viewing 'top 10 clips'
Hi all,

I am trying to view the clips of any one of the 'top ten' ranked runs on the leaderboards. When doing so, I always get the message:

"Your gamer profile does not have the permission to view this clip" or something to that effect.

I firstly logged onto xbox.com and made sure my privacy settings allowed for me to share video with 'everyone', thinking this was the error. But alas, even after allowing the maximum '4-hours till changes are reflected on your console' to pass, I still can't view them.

Is it perhaps that those in the top 10 don't allow others to view their video?

Or is there something I am not doing in the in-game menus that is preventing me from seeing other peoples clips?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have done multiple searches and can't find any info on this.

Cheers
Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Re: Trouble viewing 'top 10 clips'
When we were going through certification there were some pretty intense rules regarding sharing of clips. These clips are classified by MS as "user content", and as such are bound to some pretty big rules. If you're being flagged for that, it's some sort of MS security setting, it's not the game. There's a setting regarding user content somewhere, but I forget where at the moment.

Your account isn't a "kid" account, is it? If it is, whoever created it might have blocked this.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
Rubix
Re: Trouble viewing 'top 10 clips'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
When we were going through certification there were some pretty intense rules regarding sharing of clips. These clips are classified by MS as "user content", and as such are bound to some pretty big rules. If you're being flagged for that, it's some sort of MS security setting, it's not the game. There's a setting regarding user content somewhere, but I forget where at the moment.

Your account isn't a "kid" account, is it? If it is, whoever created it might have blocked this.
Thanks Joe,

No no, not a 'kid' account. Yeh I can understand the raft of legalese surrounding clip sharing over XBL.

I will have a look around for my setting for user content and check it out (I'm not sure where it is either)

Cheers

Update: My mistake, the 'member content' is actually on the same page as the 'video content'. I assumed that checking everyone for video was enough. Thanks for the clarification Joe.

So to anyone else with this problem in the future, log into xbox.com (or the domain of your gamertag's country) and click on 'privacy settings'. Then make sure that BOTH 'video content' and 'member content' are checked for "everyone".
Last edited by Rubix; 10-01-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Fixed my problem