Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #41
Eagle

Re: Duke Nukem Forever - E3 DVD for sale
I would burn it along with all the other worthless crap that 3dr released.

just kidding, to me its worth 5 bucks.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #42
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresch View Post
Im not saying i want to sell it. I say that im thinking about it.
Its just fun to see what Kind og value the item has

Well if you are a fan, and are searchig for rare duke related items on eBay, you would also know how rare this DVD is today. So if i was to list it on eBay im sure people would know that the DVD is Real.
If you ship internationally... and sell on a 10 day auction... the value will be between $75 and $125+... It has gone for much less in the past but the last couple have gone for a lot more, though I can't remember the actual value, I just remember it was more than I would have paid. I hope you are having fun seeing what kind of value the item has.

Are you a collector of games? Maybe we could trade something...
Just PM me.

MrBlackCat (3D Realms forums)
Mr.BlackCat (eBay)

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 03-24-2010, 02:22 PM   #43
robotman5

Quote:
Im thinking about selling my DNF E3 dvd on eBay.
How much do you think i should ask for it?

where did you get that?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #44
crunchy superman

E3 2001. You know, back when they were actually promoting a real game.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #45
RuskiSnajper.

Quote:
Its an official 3D Realms item.
3D Realms produced this DVD as promotion for E3 2001.
It was the restart of the Hype train..

So yes, everything - The DVD Case, The flyer, the Disc, etc. was made by 3D Realms
NOW he tells me O_-
Old 03-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #46
MrBlackCat

As it turns out however, the DVD is actually not for sale...
Just a tease...

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
Old 03-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #47
Duke's New Chainsaw

Like DNF.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #48
fresch
Well, it actually is for sale
But there is only 1 day left on my auction on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Duke-Nukem-Forev...item335b321240

Btw, more pictures

Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #49
fresch

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotman5 View Post
where did you get that?
Got it from E3 - 2001
Old 03-25-2010, 05:56 AM   #50
marioman360

Would you please be a nice fellow and do either a scan of the cover or a nice dead center squared picture of it?

Also, you're out of your mind if you think someone would pay over $200 for a disk that is essentially a trailer which can be viewed for free on the internet.
Last edited by marioman360; 03-25-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #51
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I'd probably give you... a nickle for it. Honestly. That is my serious answer.

Both trailers on the disc can be found all over the net at various gaming sites. The cover image and all other images can also be found... all over the net at various Duke fan sites.

The only reason I could see anyone wanting to buy it would be for the sake of nostalgia, and as a collector myself... it's not even worth it for that.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 03-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #52
Yatta

I'll give you 20 bucks for it.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #53
Bam050196

It is definitely not worth $200 Bucks, More like $10-$15 Dollars
Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #54
Duke's New Chainsaw

I'll give you 21 bucks!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #55
MrBlackCat

I wish I had $200!*

*(So I could buy something... but not this DVD...)

The last ones didn't go for near that much... maybe this one will... but it won't be me... I just buy all the Duke Nukem X-Treme t-shirts from eBay.

Got another one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170459375668

I never got a reply to the PM I sent and wasn't notified of the auction as requested... so I don't trust the seller anyway. Thousands of sales on eBay and over the internet has taught me that communication frequency and time frame is an excellent tool for judging the safety of a transaction. I will just have to let this one pass...

MrBlackCat

Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #56
fresch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlackCat View Post
I wish I had $200!*

*(So I could buy something... but not this DVD...)

The last ones didn't go for near that much... maybe this one will... but it won't be me... I just buy all the Duke Nukem X-Treme t-shirts from eBay.

Got another one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170459375668

I never got a reply to the PM I sent and wasn't notified of the auction as requested... so I don't trust the seller anyway. Thousands of sales on eBay and over the internet has taught me that communication frequency and time frame is an excellent tool for judging the safety of a transaction. I will just have to let this one pass...

MrBlackCat
Well, i can be trusted
I can take a picture of the dvd with my username from here, next to it if its requested And you have PayPal security. The money you pay, are kept as security at PayPal until you get the item. If i want to fraud, you'd get your money back. Simple as that.. I dont check PMs in here, so ask a private question on ebay instead if you are interested.

The argument that "Its just the trailer, which can be downloaded" cant really be used. Its not the content on the DVD that has any value. Its the DVD, the cover, the flyer etc. itself. Its like saying that stadium events for the NES aint 14.000 dollars worth, because the rom can be obtained for free online. Its not the content, its the product itself...

The DVD is extremely rare, and thats the reason for the pricetag. I made a deal with my self, that if i couldnt sell it for that, i would keep it
Old 03-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #57
MrBlackCat

Quote:
****snip****

The argument that "Its just the trailer, which can be downloaded" cant really be used. Its not the content on the DVD that has any value. Its the DVD, the cover, the flyer etc. itself. Its like saying that stadium events for the NES aint 14.000 dollars worth, because the rom can be obtained for free online. Its not the content, its the product itself...

The DVD is extremely rare, and thats the reason for the pricetag. I made a deal with my self, that if i couldnt sell it for that, i would keep it
Keeping it is probably wise... unless you have two. Then you should share it... mostly with me.
Value of the packaging...
This comes up a lot on here. Some people just don't get it. I don't know anyone who doesn't know someone who collects "original" somethings.
People buy action figures, games, old cars, lots of antiques for that matter because of reasons besides its intended use. People buy shot glasses, coffee cups, thimbles etc, just to have them, not because they need 50 cups to drink coffee from. These Star-Struck movie fan types are some of the most extreme... paying thousands for original movie scripts, clothing worn by actors, stage props etc... I really have not ever figured out why this is so hard to grasp for some people. I almost always find something they collect or have that is beyond practical use to help them understand.

MrBlackCat

Old 03-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #58
chaosomega

guys why dont you forget about duke if any of you are star craft fans then sc2 will be sure to please blizz is going to accounce the release date soon. Sc2 will be done long before ol duke gets out of his prision. I learn that world of warcraft helps me forget about duke.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #59
Kray

To quote Indiana Jones "It belongs in a museum." It's true the Simthsonian is going to have a section for vaporware and DNF is going to be the main attraction. I'm sure the museum could find a use for your dvd.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #60
Conan of Cooma

What was the sell price?

Or did it phaol?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #61
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan of Cooma View Post
What was the sell price?

Or did it phaol?
It has been relisted... 200 start and $250 BIN...
I won't be the buyer, I can promise you that.

MrBlackCat

Old 03-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #62
Conan of Cooma

Quote:
It has been relisted... 200 start and $250 BIN...

MrBlackCat
I guess if there were collectors willing to pay that price, it would go for that price.

As it stands, no collector will pay that, because they either already have it, or they can get it cheaper than what is demanded.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #63
Sabarasa
Just hold onto the damn thing until the game is released. Then you will have a collectors item for real.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #64
Tekkaman_Zack
Quote:
You'll just be the dude who pays the relisting fee again.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #65
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman_Zack View Post
You'll just be the dude who pays the relisting fee again.
Hehehe...
I always wonder how someone justifies listing an item like 20 times and it is only worth a few dollars and never sells.
I have hundreds of sales through eBay but most of mine were through the eBay store and ran by the month and had tiny fees compared to open auctions.

It isn't even about the money, I have it... but it is about tempering collecting with some level of practical application. In my situation, When I look at all the things I could by for any number of my collections of things, $200 -$250 is a lot of money. I could buy 125 games from eBay for that price actually... one seller I buy from lists thousands of games for many consoles/handhelds and offers free shipping for orders over $25... so I go in there, sort by price and then filter $2 games and less. Twice I have bought 27 games for less than $35 from this seller. (mixed systems NES, SNES, Genisis, GameBoy, GBA, Sega Saturn, Sega Game Gear, etc)
So I ask myself, what would I enjoy more, this Duke Nukem Forever DVD in my collection, or getting to try dozens of other games on a dozen different systems? $200 to $250 would take my games budget for weeks, so do I want to do that? Or what about 10 PC FPS's for my collection at a cost of $20 to $25 each? I am sure I could find a few games to add for that kind of price.
Sorry to ramble, but in the scope of MY game collection, $200 to $250 could be placed much better elsewhere.

I can't imaging selling the only one of something you have if you are still a fan unless there is some extreme financial difficulty or something like that.

I will be a bit surprised if someone buys that DVD at that price.

MrBlackCat (3DRealms Forums)
Mr.BlackCat (eBay)

Old 03-31-2010, 09:00 AM   #66
Bryan3DR
Administrator

It is funny cause I have a few of these at home still shrink wrapped. And one opened so I can show everyone that I am in it. (I am at 1:27 ) So I have been kinda watching this thread.

If you want to sell your copy then the way to do it is like most people do. Set the price at 1.00 and let people bid on it. I look at that and say "200? Umm no pass." But if it was 20.00 and I bid, I would probably go higher and higher.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #67
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan3DR View Post
If you want to sell your copy then the way to do it is like most people do. Set the price at 1.00 and let people bid on it. I look at that and say "200? Umm no pass." But if it was 20.00 and I bid, I would probably go higher and higher.
They do this with iPhones, Start bidding at $1 or something and ends up at $400, anyway i agree $200 starting price would scare anyone away considering that the item is just a DVD which to most people is vastly overpriced.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #68
fresch
starting bid changed to 1 dollar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220580623770
Old 04-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #69
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan3DR View Post
****snip****

Quote:
It does not always work this way, but this could be a good thing as more money is from "bid wars" that most higher Buy It Now sales.
Good luck with your sales on eBay.

MrBlackCat

Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #70
MrBlackCat

Sorry for the double post... I just wanted to bump this thread so no one forgot about this auction. Mostly because I am the top bidder and you have no chance of outbidding me.**

See you guys in the final seconds...

MrBlackCat (3D Realms) Future owner of E3 DNF Promo DVD...
Mr.BlackCat (eBay)

**(unless your bid amount exceeds mine)

Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #71
Tekkaman_Zack
Quote:
Sorry for the double post... I just wanted to bump this thread so no one forgot about this auction. Mostly because I am the top bidder and you have no chance of outbidding me.

I am just like SO envious right now, man.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #72
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman_Zack View Post
I am just like SO envious right now, man.
I am sure you are... there is so much jealousy right now, you are the only one who could even bare to express it... the masses want this DVD, and we know it.
Thousands will try to snipe this item in the final seconds... the bid war will be part of eBay history... I wonder if this will make it to no national media sources.
(LOL!)

MrBlackCat

Old 04-07-2010, 04:33 AM   #73
helious

Sold to me! Called the dude, and arranged a meeting.
Paid 200 for it... Now the happy owner of another 2001 DVD!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:59 AM   #74
fresch
Thanks for the deal
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #75
The Stinger
Someone could actually print like a legit copy, and pass it on as real.
And selling it for only $10,-

Old 04-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #76
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by helious View Post
NOOOO!!! Cowards! You needed to try to outbid me!
How come you didn't just buy it on the first go round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stinger View Post
Someone could actually print like a legit copy, and pass it on as real.
And selling it for only $10,-
I thought that is what this was? Everyone knows the legit version has a little yellow box in the lower... oh well never mind. As long as everyone is happy with the sale. <evil grin>

Good idea... got to run and print some DVD covers and make up some DVD's.

MrBlackCat

Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #77
MegaMustaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by helious View Post
Why the Hell would you have not just put in a maximum bid of 200 if that is what you were willing to pay and then get it for probably far less? You got ripped.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #78
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMustaine View Post
Why the Hell would you have not just put in a maximum bid of 200 if that is what you were willing to pay and then get it for probably far less? You got ripped.
Maybe not though... $200 is not reasonable. We should try to be more realistic... I am not insane, so I was going to stop my bidding not a DIME over $198.

MrBlackCat

Old 04-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #79
The Commander

I think $200 is way to much, how much would have Iggy paid for it I wounder.

Duke Nukem Red Alert SVN

Ask Me Anything!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #80
Alexander

Wait a minute...
The old 2001 Video was a blast back then, I'm serious.
And if it would have been published just like the way we saw it in the trailer, it would have been just f*cking fine. Heck, I'd still be playing it right now....

But buying just a copy of the trailer is pretty absurd.
It might look fancy in your "Duke" collection, but other then that, it's worthless.