Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
Ravenous
Freezing and PC locking up..
Hi, I just recently installed it on my core2quad PC and while I was paying it froze and caused my PC to lock up. I read that for old games that don't have multi-core support you have to set the affinity of the process to run on 1 core. I tried this by attempting to minimize the game window but I couldn't seem to minimize it through the windows key, the alt+tab key, or by bringing up the task manager, I would only be able to get back to the desktop through alt+f4 and enter key, causing my PC to go into stand by mode. I tried the shortcut command to set the affinity but all it does when I click on the shortcut is flash a Command Line window really quickly, then nothing. Please, if anyone could help me with this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
DarkjeThe2nd
Re: Freezing and PC locking up..
I think to be able to alt-tab you have to enable task switching in the "options..." screen. But really, I think something else must be going on, because I've run it on quad fine...