Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-24-2003, 04:35 AM   #1
zubair
Max Payne II weapon idea
in max payne 2 there should be a rocket launcher which can target people. I mean this by when an enemy comes it will target automatically.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:52 AM   #2
biXen
Re: Max Payne II weapon idea
Rocket launchers are for SOF and Quake...
Old 03-24-2003, 08:03 AM   #3
Maddieman

I'm kinda surprised there aren't any basic rocket launcher mods available for Max Payne. Considering what else has been made, you'd have thought that it would have been done ages ago.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:41 AM   #4
Wamplet

Indeed. on a sort of related note, i miss rocket jumping. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] :thelostart:

i havent played MP in quite a while. i think i will install it tonight and replay it again.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 03-24-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
Fraeon Waser Duhni

Maybe everybody else found the m79 to be a sufficient of a 'rocket launcher', even though it's really a grenade launcher.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #6
Maddieman

Well, that's my point -- it's an easy hack. Just change the m79 projectile so that it doesn't fall.

I think if I made one, I'd make sure the enemies tried to dive out of the way of incoming rockets. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #7
biXen
A grenadelauncher shoots grenades, a rocketlauncher shoots rockets, and I guess the rocketlauncher is propelled in a different way, they also explode in a different way.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:36 AM   #8
nielsv
What's the difference between a grenadelauncher (=m79) and a rocketlauncher?
Old 03-25-2003, 08:18 PM   #9
shadow_ninja
i added a rocket launcher to my mod! and i redesigned the bullet to look like a rocket. if i had a screnny i'd post it. it looks awsome. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth." -kosh

Old 03-25-2003, 08:51 PM   #10
ShadyC
a grenade launcher usually uses CO2 to propel a grenade at a victim which then can bounce and what not....a rocket launcher launches a self propeled rocket with a rocket engine that continues striaght until hitting something
Old 03-26-2003, 02:55 AM   #11
The Baskinator

Max doesn't need a rocket launcher; he needs Pinchers of Power.

"Friends? These are my only friends! Grown up nerds, like Gore Vidal, and even he's kissed more boys than I ever will.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:39 AM   #12
jimbob

or the jaws of life [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 01:12 AM   #13
neeek
or the flesh of fallen angels [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 09:16 AM   #14
Jokke_r

Or a HUGE chainsaw
Old 04-02-2003, 11:38 AM   #15
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Jokke_r:
Or a HUGE chainsaw
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not every game needs a chansaw. That only fits certain situations - it's not a "global game" weapon like the "shotgun" is.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 04-02-2003, 04:56 PM   #16
Petrick
Chainsaw? Oh yes, we often use that weap.. i mean tool here in Finland.. So maybe Remedy could add that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
You have to remember, Paul, that making coffee is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. It has to be hot, it has to be strong, you've got to grind your beans slowly... and at the last moment, add the milk.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:43 PM   #17
SkavenRMD
Remedy Staff
Quote:
we often use that weap.. i mean tool here in Finland..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wouldn't an axe be more traditional?
Old 04-03-2003, 12:09 AM   #18
theHunted
endo finished 2 sweet ones the other day:

http://www.maxpayneheadquarters.com/...s/b300smaw.jpg

also make sure to check out that gif:
http://pleyr.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ko...ge/RPGtest.gif

will shoot projectiles projectiles stright ahead only though, but i dont really get the sense of a rocket launcher in max payne anyway. that'd require a badass homing system to be able to make the rockets fly through the maps @ 300km/h without crashing into the walls [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 01:16 AM   #19
Petrick
Quote:
Originally posted by SkavenRMD:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">we often use that weap.. i mean tool here in Finland..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wouldn't an axe be more traditional? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok, make it Double Axes then [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
You have to remember, Paul, that making coffee is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. It has to be hot, it has to be strong, you've got to grind your beans slowly... and at the last moment, add the milk.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:34 PM   #20
Co11
double axes, and on fire too!

actually, I think the molotive cocktails rocked.. but if you throw them high enough, I think it'd be cool to give the player enough time to switch into the handgun and be able to shoot the cocktail in midair, providing a nice rain of fire on whoever you need to take out
Old 04-04-2003, 01:35 PM   #21
Jokke_r

the only weapons that i didn't really use or like in max payne was the leadpipe, jackhammer, m79, sniper, sawed of shotgun, molotov and grenade.... those i didn't like... i did like the baseball bat and i loved the desert eagle. it was so accurate(spl?) but the shoot anim for it looked kinda gay. tha one handed style is nicer. beretta useless, dual berettas rox. ingram and dual ingram were so cool. colt commando was good but it was too modern.. i don't like modern guns. the sniper sucked... never used it xcept for those couple places where you hadto use it. molotov just lagged too much on my computer. and you got easily hurt by it. the grenade was useless. only thing i need is the pump action shotgun and dual berettas... thats enough for me... maybe you could add punching to max payne 2... not like kungfu or anything but more street style fighting. maybe in one place of the game you would be unarmed and you could beat the shit out of some guys to escape... bla bla bla
Old 04-05-2003, 12:24 AM   #22
tommulder
when i had the guts to release the stinking shit that is my mod ("The One Matrix") i put a rocket launcher in there... made up model, changed the M79's projectile.

i think a little switchblade would be nice. gritty, small and a sorta streetweapon.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:10 AM   #23
Shu-Ra
best weapon would be the german mg42 machine-gun [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2003, 02:07 PM   #24
shadow fox
Quote:
Originally posted by Jokke_r:
the only weapons that i didn't really use or like in max payne was the leadpipe, jackhammer, m79, sniper, sawed of shotgun, molotov and grenade.... those i didn't like... i did like the baseball bat and i loved the desert eagle. it was so accurate(spl?) but the shoot anim for it looked kinda gay. tha one handed style is nicer. beretta useless, dual berettas rox. ingram and dual ingram were so cool. colt commando was good but it was too modern.. i don't like modern guns. the sniper sucked... never used it xcept for those couple places where you hadto use it. molotov just lagged too much on my computer. and you got easily hurt by it. the grenade was useless. only thing i need is the pump action shotgun and dual berettas... thats enough for me... maybe you could add punching to max payne 2... not like kungfu or anything but more street style fighting. maybe in one place of the game you would be unarmed and you could beat the shit out of some guys to escape... bla bla bla
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you have ever fired a desert eagle you wouldent have said such a stupid thing. a desert eagle wieghs more than a, um newborn baby. and it fires a .50 cal round or a .375 cal round and the olny thing keeping the gun in you hand after a shot from a desert eagle is the wieght and there is no way he can hold two desert eagles.

how bout forget about the RPG (rocket propelled grenade) and just make an MP5 (like the one in half life, please)
Old 04-13-2003, 02:36 PM   #25
biXen
Quote:
Originally posted by shadow fox:
If you have ever fired a desert eagle you wouldent have said such a stupid thing. a desert eagle wieghs more than a, um newborn baby. and it fires a .50 cal round or a .375 cal round and the olny thing keeping the gun in you hand after a shot from a desert eagle is the wieght and there is no way he can hold two desert eagles.

how bout forget about the RPG (rocket propelled grenade) and just make an MP5 (like the one in half life, please)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And you think people can slow down time and jump down stairs without getting hurt? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2003, 04:17 PM   #26
people, people, PEOPLE!!! are we forgetting the coolest weapons ever? i mean, who needs guns when you have the BOONDOCK SAINTS standing next to you?.......................... ok, that was stupid, what i wanted to say was: people, people, PEOPLE!!! are we forgetting the coolest weapons ever? are we forgetting the classic REVOLVER? maybe one of those ones w/ really long barrels, or just a regular one where you can get DUAL REVOLVERS! now that'd be cool, cowboy max... howdy.... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2003, 07:32 PM   #27
RollingBrass
While revolvers are indeed neat, they don't really fit with the HK action flick vibe. Semi-autos lend themselves more to action films, while revolvers lend themselves more to horror or westerns (probably in large part to the large difference in reload times between the two types). Akimbo snub-noses might be kinda cool looking, but akimbo Raging Bulls or .44 Magnums? That'd just look silly.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:46 PM   #28
shadow_ninja
i personally want to see max drive a car in max2.
but back to the weapon idea, it would be cool if you could use your environment as a weapon! you know what i mean, grab a bar stool or a chair and kick ass with a lamp or something!!!!

"Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth." -kosh

Old 04-19-2003, 08:09 AM   #29
neeek
yeh that feature like that was in indiana jones and the emperor's tomb games where the game used the buffy engine from xbox to be able to pick up anything and use it as a weapon.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:26 AM   #30
neeek
i dont know if its ever mentioned in any weapon idea threads but i believe that spray cans should make a great addition as part of the weapons to use from the hud. any spray can such as a paint spraycan, flyspray, deoderant spray, any spray can in particular that can let you use a cigarete lighter in front of its spray nozzle and then start spraying out sum flames like a flamethrower. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

it may be a lil outta place in the max games but also fun aside using your guns/leadpipe/baseballbat/kungfu etc.
it would be great for certain cases if you start off a level with no guns at all and then you scrabble about looking for sumthing to protect yourself with like a capsican spray of all sorts or any spraycan until you found the right weapons for right moments of danger.

sum levels can require you to use less force aside guns among other innocent ppl like hostages, cops, other good guys by using non deadly incapacitating weapons like as mentioned the capsican spray just to get thru a level without kiling anyone until its the right time.

if you do kill off an innocent bystander then your penalised just by restarting the level again just like that part where youre not to kill the guy that'll get your thru the steel door in the john woo password bit or the hostage guy you save in the 1st level in the subway part cos otherwise you start again and not kill them this time around.

how about dual spray weapons also? double capsi-sprays and all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cool