3D Realms Anthology

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > 3D Realms Anthology
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #1
AXE

Lightbulb request for a future feature update to the anthology
the ability to launch the Setup program from a simple preconfigured dosbox right on the menu, for Duke and Shadow Warrior at least, to reconfigure the controls would be much appreciated. (yeah, even though there are source ports... and i see that eduke32 is included in the game's folder even though that's not used to run the game from the menu, so maybe an option for that too? it would still be nice to play the originals exactly as I remember them.)
...sure, I could go in and configure my own, but this would be a nice convenience feature. that does seem to be the main purpose of this compiliation, after all, having the originals, exactly as they were, in one big convenient package, and with minimal effort required for modern machines.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #2
DirtyFexen
Re: request for a future feature update to the anthology
For a future update I'd like the option to have the game run in it's original intended aspect ratio. At the moment it's forced into widescreen and the graphics are horribly stretched. I've also noticed that the version of Duke Nukem II that's included has added sunglasses to Duke, if it's possible I'd like this removed or made optional. I want the games as they were originally released to be playable.

If anyone is looking for the unmodified version of Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II they're available on GoG.com: http://www.gog.com/game/duke_nukem_12 although I'd prefer simply being given an option in an updated version of the 3D Realms Anthology release instead of having to buy it again..