Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Patja
My song about DNF
Greetings,

I've decided to share my song about Duke Nukem Forever with you. It was written few days after "Goodbye" and was stored on my HDD until all other songs for my album are finished. Though they're still not all done, I'd better release this one now - what if there is some good news coming?

I was considering making the "video" using DNF stuff, but then I realized that everyone already saw that million times. Beside that, the lyrics fit the fate of my two previous bands as well so I put some old band photos into it.

Unfortunately, the music does not resemble the Bobby Prince or Lee Jackson style (the music came long before the lyrics), but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway. The words at the end of the song are little bit too explicit, because it's a hint for casual listeners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j2Ww1_SXVI
Old 07-29-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
delta2kbr

Re: My song about DNF
So the album that has a DNF related song is not done yet? How shocking.

Nice piece of song you got there. Would be nice to have the lyrics in the video description or something.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
cof_3pc

Diaphragm training recommended.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Patja
Delta2kbr: Thank you. I added the lyrics to the description.

cof_3pc: That funny or that ridiculous? I think neither. If the second option is correct, it would at least be on the same wave with the effort of GB
Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
cof_3pc

Diaphragm... as in the muscles used in your stomach region to put pressure on the lungs when singing to project your singing voice from low in your torso, not from your throat. Pitch control.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
Patja
Oh, I see. I thought it was recommendation for others.

Yes, I know my weaknesses, I am working on it but it's damn long way. And I'm not even nearly there.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
cof_3pc

If you truly want to perfect your singing voice, I recommend a book by Jeffrey Allen.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Sec...ret+of+singing

I am a front man in a band and also have been doing a solo project where I record and play all the instruments myself. I reached a point in solo music where I didn't have a singer, because people kept flaking out, so I said, "**** it" and decided to do that myself as well.

Not going to lie.... I sucked ass at first. The voice is an instrument like any. It has to be strengthened and perfected. That book helps you understand how the whole diaphragm works, and shows you exercises to strengthen it. I was amazed at my progression from the exercises, but you have to be dedicated to it. It's just like a work out. Has to become a routine.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #8
Patja
Thanks for the tip. It's definitely worth trying. And yeah, it looks like "solo projects" are the only choice for those who are surrounded by untrustworthy people .
Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #9
cof_3pc

Well, I find it more rewarding from a writing aspect. I don't get to perform my songs though often. That's what the band is for.