Bombshell

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Bombshell
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
TurtleBarbecue
E3 and the miracle of news
This game looks amazingly cool, but why have we not received e3 related information? did 3drealms go to e3? if not why? work keeping you guys up late? I want more bombshell news! But mostly the purpose of this post is to see if 3d realms went to e3 or not.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
DirtyFexen
Re: E3 and the miracle of news

Old 06-20-2015, 04:53 AM   #3
X-Vector

Oh hi, Kate.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
TurtleBarbecue
now that's what im TALKING ABOUT
Old 06-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
The Duke Returns

She F---ing Beautiful
Old 06-26-2015, 12:52 AM   #6
doggydoo

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-gameplay.aspx
Old 06-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #7
Kalki

Caught this on YouTube and it does look well done. Not particularly impressed with the voice acting. Looking forward to seeing how the arm and weapons work out.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 07-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #8
Stevey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalki View Post
Caught this on YouTube and it does look well done. Not particularly impressed with the voice acting. Looking forward to seeing how the arm and weapons work out.
I think I saw, at most, 2 enemies on screen at once?
Old 07-10-2015, 01:47 AM   #9
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevey Boy View Post
I think I saw, at most, 2 enemies on screen at once?
http://alloutofgum.s3-website-us-eas...ell_may_02.jpg

http://data.techtimes.com/data/image...hell-2-jpg.jpg
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Last edited by Kalki; 07-10-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #10
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Personally, the use of color and neon lights/effects make the game look rather obnoxious.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 07-12-2015, 12:06 AM   #11
DirtyFexen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Personally, the use of color and neon lights/effects make the game look rather obnoxious.
Going through your post history everything you say about Interceptor, 3D Realms and Frederik Schreiber is entirely negative. Is there a reason for that?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:54 AM   #12
Lunick Fiore

It's kind of strange to keep a moderator around like that...
Old 07-12-2015, 01:55 AM   #13
DirtyFexen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunick Fiore View Post
It's kind of strange to keep a moderator around like that...
Old 07-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #14
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyFexen View Post
Going through your post history everything you say about Interceptor, 3D Realms and Frederik Schreiber is entirely negative. Is there a reason for that?
Then you've looked at very, very little of my post history.
As I've got a long established love of 3DRealms. And, as for Interceptor, I've expressed negative opinions on the Rise of the Triad remake they did.

Fred and I have messaged, and there are no ill feelings there. I've never posted a negative statement about Fred on this forum.
The bulky of my posts in regards to them in any way have been towards the RotT game, which is their only release as of yet.
But, even as a 3DR fan, I did not like the original RotT. So, it's not surprising I didn't enjoy the new one.

I'm sorry I expressed my own opinions, I'll work on that for the future.
And, I didn't exactly state a negative post about Bombshell. Simply put out there that I am not a fan of the overly flashy, neon light look of the game. But, again, I also have a strong dislike of top down shooters.

But, really, would you rather I just gush over the game because it's from 3DR and I'm a moderator here? Or, that I express myself honestly... be it positive or negative about the subject on hand?
I can still enforce the rules of the forums, despite my personal feelings towards a specific game.
Did it almost every day I helped mod the FEAR 3 forums. Such a massive disappointment for the franchise.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 07-12-2015, 02:47 PM   #15
DirtyFexen
More than welcome to express opinions as that is a basic human right but it seems like everytime I see you post about Interceptor or Fred it is negative.

As long as they do not go overkill with bloom like with Rise of the Triad then I'm happy.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #16
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Sorry, but I haven't posted anything specific to either Interceptor or Fred in... easily a few years. Since RotT came out in 2013.
My recent post about my thoughts of the use of lighting in Bombshell is the first in a long time.

And even when I did post my thoughts on RotT, I never pointed anything specifically towards Fred. I always stated my opinions were towards Interceptor in general.
And, as I said, there's no "bad blood". I've talked with Fred... a few times. He even asked me to stay on as a mod when 3D Realms changed ownership.

Personally, I try hard to not point a finger at a specific person when I find I'm disappointed with a game. Unless I know for a fact that person is the cause of that disappointment.
I dislike Ken Levine, but... enjoy (Some of) his games. I hate Epic and Cliffy B... but enjoyed the Gears of War series.

And, there are people in the industry I love... but have ripped their games apart opinion wise. John Romero is one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of talking with. Yet, Daikatana is... just... so damn awful.
I really like a lot of Gearbox's work (from the BiA series to Borderlands)... but was really disappointed with A:CM.

So yes, it may seem as "all my posts about Interceptor" are negative... because all I have to judge them on is RotT. A game that personally was not a fan of.
But, as I said before, I've never enjoyed the RotT games. So, I didn't really have big expectations for this one. But was a bit letdown to see it be basically a 1:1 remake instead of them trying to re-imagine it like Flying Wild Hog did with Shadow Warrior.

And right now, with Bombshell (to get this back on topic) I'm not hugely excited for it. And that comes from the fact that... I don't like top down shooters.
I never have. Top down isometric games just don't do anything for me. Never have.
If by some chance I get a copy of the game, I'm already aware that I'm going to have a a certain mindset going into it.
Just because I dislike that style of game in general.

But, there are surprises. I hate (HATE) turn based RPGs. But loved Obsidian's South Park game. Which is a turn based RPG. While a very simple, stream-lined one... but still.
Right now, all I can do is comment on the art style. And, to me, it looks overdone. Overly shiny and "glowy".
But who knows what I would feel if I ever play it.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #17
Nukkus

Quote:
...But was a bit letdown to see it be basically a 1:1 remake instead of them trying to re-imagine it like Flying Wild Hog did with Shadow Warrior...
I don't quite get this statement, as it was advertised as a remake since the very beginning. Did you just not follow it until release?
Old 07-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #18
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Ugh.

I was STATING it was a letdown to see it was a 1:1 remake. From the start.
From the minute it was announced. I was disappointed to see that they were remaking the original game and not trying to re-imagine it.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #19
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Ugh.

I was STATING it was a letdown to see it was a 1:1 remake. From the start.
From the minute it was announced. I was disappointed to see that they were remaking the original game and not trying to re-imagine it.
Not me. It's brilliant, BECAUSE it's a remake. I hate re-imaginings generally.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 07-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #20
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

To each his own.
Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

To me, I loved Flying Wild Hog's reimagining of Shadow Warrior... and think it was the best way to go.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:13 AM   #21
doggydoo

https://youtu.be/VOL7aajxTX0
Old 07-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
Stevey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggydoo View Post
Why is there a weapon wheel?
Is it controller only?