Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > General Messages > 3DR Forums Greatest Hits
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2001, 04:23 AM   #41
Re: On the road to becoming a rock star like Charlie, Joe and George!
>>>Buddy: You can have Wheel Of Time if I get Star Trek, ok?

Not following. So you're saying if you get Voyager:Elite Force that you will BUY me a copy of WoT? COOL!

But to clarify, I'm not after Elite Force, it's either UT or WoT =) or perhaps both... but that's pushing it, I'll be happy with either.

- Buddy

Old 01-22-2001, 05:25 AM   #42
Quote:
Not following. So you're saying if you get Voyager:Elite Force that you will BUY me a copy of WoT? COOL!
Close, but What I actually meant was that if Ruben gives me Star Trek, I'll let him give you Wheel of time.

-------------------

Ruben, I'd Really like a copy of Rune.

-------------------

Hark - the oracle speaks! A bolt of lightning falls from the sky! SHAZAAM! As the smoke clears, the hidden deity in Ruben emerges and is revealed to be:

VULCAN, God of Fire.
In a world full of philanderers, Ruben is a cherished god. Though Ruben might not be incredibly suave, his irresistible good nature makes him every woman's sweetheart. While all the other guys are stuck in their adolescent ways, Ruben's got a maturity that all women ultimately desire. Ruben presents the perfect package to the ladies, with his combination of unparralelled ingenuity and charm. They call it "marriage material." But let's not forget Ruben's erotic side. Between the sheets, he is unmatched. Ruben's passion is like a volcano waiting to erupt. In Ruben's hands, a woman is simply a pleasure machine and you are the mechanic. Ruben has to Be careful not to make her overheat when he begin to work your magic! One night with Ruben, and they'll know why He's called a true sex god

-------------

CyberSpace, The Final Frontier.
These are the Voyages of the CyberGod Ruben.
His mission: To create art the likes of which has never been seen before, To seek out bold new ways of gaining attention. To Boldly fight off hordes of women like no 3DR employee has fought before...

And now, I'll sing a song for you Ruben: The Star Tek theme:
DA-dada. Da da da da DA! dada-da-dada da da da da DA!! DAAA DA DA! DADADADADA DA DA DAHDA DA DA DA DA DA!

------------------
"A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
It said that life is but a dream.
I've spent so many years in question
to find I've known this all along."

TooL - Third Eye

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 05:31 AM   #43
Ruben is god

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 07:55 AM   #44
nels
Your such a suckup Steven

------------------
Download the Duke Nukem Forever Song! - Created by the UBB's own 'Devil Master'.
Go get it at the link here!
Old 01-22-2001, 08:11 AM   #45
Yes, yes I am

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 08:36 AM   #46
Madness
Quote:
Originally posted by George Broussard:
Matt,

>>
Matt Wood
Artist/Mapper
3DRealms Entertainment
>>

Please refer to section 99, sub-section b, paragraph 3, where it is clearly stated that the company's name is "3D [SPACE] Realms".

Thank you for your support.

George, you forgot to ask which game you wanted.

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 08:38 AM   #47
I would be happy with any one of the games listed. I think I should be one of the lucky winners for several reasons, which are:
1) No one else has pointed out that neither Charlie, Joe, or George is famous enough to have a sandwich named after them, unlike you.
2) Unlike these "poor students", I actually have the money to purchase 3DR's products. If I had to purchase any of the above games, it would just be less money spent at 3DR.

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 08:48 AM   #48
ryche

Quote:
I hit level 54 with my Paladin. Trust me...stop now.
Oh but why? I have yet been able to go kill some dragons or go on a plane raid...missin all fun

------------------
ryche
Old 01-22-2001, 08:52 AM   #49
ryche

Ruben your better than Charlie, Joe, George and everyone on the DNF team because....you're the only one there that looks like a bad mofo pirate.

------------------
ryche
Old 01-22-2001, 08:59 AM   #50
Dear Mr. Cabrera,
Since your giving away your extra copies of your games. I would like to ask you for Unreal Tournament please. I have never played Unreal Tournament or Unreal for that matter. Maybe you could find it in your heart give your extra copy of Unreal Tournament to me, because then I could get a glimpse of the engine that DNF will be using. And since you are so much kinder and nicer than all the rest of the staff at 3DRealms you will see how pathetic my existence must be with out having played UT, that you will instantly burst into tears and send me your extra copy. And I would appreciate it so much... I would even send you a Thank you card and put you on my Christmas Card list for next year.

Thanks in advance.

------------------
-AvMAN

Old 01-22-2001, 09:02 AM   #51
BadBros
Ruben,

Here's the deal, you give me Wheel of Time now, and in a few years when I'll be hired by 3D Realms I'll give you a signed copy of their current kick ass game. Ya Dig?

Old 01-22-2001, 09:03 AM   #52
P.S. I am also into Video... Like you... So we have something in common.

Hence my name Audio/Visual Man

------------------
-AvMAN

Old 01-22-2001, 09:21 AM   #53
Quote:
Dear Mr. Cabrera,
Since your giving away your extra copies of your games. I would like to ask you for Unreal Tournament please. I have never played Unreal Tournament or Unreal for that matter. Maybe you could find it in your heart give your extra copy of Unreal Tournament to me, because then I could get a glimpse of the engine that DNF will be using. And since you are so much kinder and nicer than all the rest of the staff at 3DRealms you will see how pathetic my existence must be with out having played UT, that you will instantly burst into tears and send me your extra copy. And I would appreciate it so much... I would even send you a Thank you card and put you on my Christmas Card list for next year.

Thanks in advance.
Damn that's the best one yet. Ruben don't listen to this huge liar!

I like Duke you like Duke we have something in common, you can give your old buddy Steve UT

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 09:27 AM   #54
Locnor

In honor of Ruben....limericks of love...

There once was a guy named Rube
who worked in a very small cube
He didn’t get paid
and he couldn’t get laid
Or even get a peek at a boob

wait I have another...

who had to eat food from a tube
Cause he worked for 3d Realms
(secretly owned by Jessie Helms)
Boy was he ever a boob!

WAIT ONE MORE!

Who use to work at Jiffy Lube
He got a new job
making games for god
and he doesn’t even have one pube

RUBEN! GIVE ME A GAME! PLEEEEESE!!!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Locnor (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-22-2001, 09:34 AM   #55
Ruben, I think your pirate look is awesome!

um, you can draw stuff on paper really good. your a better webmaster than Joe, um.. I'm running out of things to say

------------------

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 01-22-2001).]

Old 01-22-2001, 10:30 AM   #56
Ruben,
If you ever want to see (insert name here) again..........

Star Trek please, and an envelope filled with cash.

Sarge

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 10:32 AM   #57
Simon Charles

Ruben your better than Charlie, Joe, George and everyone on the DNF team because...

...you give us free games.
...you look like a mean lean fighting machine.
...even while wearing a flag on your head.
... and your name makes my mouth feel funny when I say it.

As for little old me, I'd like it if you gave me Star Trek Voyager. Why? Because I'm the prodigal gamer.

I used to copy the games I played. Disks, ripped CDs... Then I got hired by a game company as a writer. And then I learned what it feels like to be warezed. So I trashed all my ripped games and bought all the regular copies. Fifteen games, including DN3D. Cost me a fortune but at least I came out clean.

I have learned the errors of my ways.

(True story, by the way.)

------------------
Regards,

Simon
www.geocities.com/simon_sorcerer/index.html

-Hercule Poirot
Old 01-22-2001, 10:43 AM   #58
helstegt
Dear Mr. Ruben

I'm willing to trade with you, in order to get Unreal Tournament. I have:

The Soundtrack from Pokémon: The First Movie, never used before.
Tamagotchi: The Game. (Nurture and feed your own personal pet).
Alice (some PC game)

I'm willing to trade all of this (or maybe two Pokémon soundtracks, if you're interested.
Then you'll be able to drive Wieder insane, playing the rare Britney Spears track, featured on this brilliant CD.

Dear Ruben, you are Much Better, than any of the 3DR employees. You know they know it.

You, Sir, have been awarded my personal award of excellence:

Evil people:

EDIT: Matt's also not as good as you!
EDIT: All the other games are fine too

[This message has been edited by helstegt (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-22-2001, 10:43 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally posted by George Broussard:
Matt,

>>
Matt Wood
Artist/Mapper
3DRealms Entertainment
>>

Please refer to section 99, sub-section b, paragraph 3, where it is clearly stated that the company's name is "3D [SPACE] Realms".

Thank you for your support.
Is that BETTER?!
|
|
|
|
|
v

------------------
Matt Wood
Artist/Mapper
3D [SPACE] Realms Entertainment

Old 01-22-2001, 10:55 AM   #60
Hey Ruben, any chance for the 3DR team to sign my copy of UT?

Thanks man.

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 11:05 AM   #61
smattbac
Quote:
Originally posted by smattbac:
Ruben, I'd like the copy of Star Trek Voyager. I meant to buy it for Christmas but I didn't have the money for it, and my parents wouldn't buy it either. I'm not made out of money, so I don't buy many games. The last game I bought was Diablo II, and that game doesn't interest me anymore.
Please, I beg you Ruben, my life would be so much more meaningful and worth living if I could sit down and play Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force when everything I stand on has fallen apart.

Sincerely, smattbac
Since a lot of people are asking for Star Trek, I just wanted to say that it's ok with any other game too, except for Unreal Tournament, I have that one.
Hope I didn't bother you too much.

Yours, smattbac

------------------
smattbac

blah..sigs...if you can't eat them then what's the point with them?

My digital stuff
Old 01-22-2001, 11:05 AM   #62
IwantMORE

[img]http://www.bjbox.com/duke/bjbox.com.gif
[/img]

------------------
It's a blast!
I thank you for reading this.

[This message has been edited more than once by IwantMORE (edited 01-05-2021).]
Old 01-22-2001, 11:08 AM   #63
IwantMORE

------------------
It's a blast!
I thank you for reading this.

[This message has been edited more than once by IwantMORE (edited 01-05-2021).]

[This message has been edited by IwantMORE (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-22-2001, 11:11 AM   #64
AncientCoder
Ruben please give me a copy of Vampire Redemption because I still know
what you did last summer.

Ok I dont know what you did last summer but I bet it was a cover up or
worse still something that you did the summer before.

On the other hand what you did last winter was pretty dammed close and
I would not bet on you not doing the same thing this summer.

My lips are sealed , now give me a copy.

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 11:16 AM   #65
Storm
Quote:
Ruben your better than Charlie, Joe, George and everyone on the DNF team because...
You won't say WID (When I'm Damn...good and ready to), when I ask you what the release date is for sending me your copy of Voyager Elite Forces.

I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself. It's a sickness...

*runs back to his cave to hide and observe*

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 11:52 AM   #66
Hi Ruben,

I don't want any of the silly games you have but if you trade helstegt for Alice and give it to me, I will teach you how to spell. Proper spelling would be a very useful skill to have in case you ever decide to get a real job. It is also handy if you need to write love letters to brunettes or redheads, ransom notes or to correspond with your attorney.

Ruben, think about your future!
------------------

[This message has been edited by PlumB (edited 01-22-2001).]

Old 01-22-2001, 11:57 AM   #67
CixrTyx

hmm, i was wondering what i should say to get these games.... well it took a while but i thought of something.... (A little Jingle i thought of! )
Ruben your better than Charlie, Joe, and George. Put them together and they would fill a gorge.
Even if the Planet Crap's boards bring you down, you put them in there place. Ruben your just an Ace!
Brittany Spears doesnt really like Charlie. She's want you she told even me.
Ruben your such a cool guy. Your so cool the DNF Team tries to act FLY.
The DNF team wants to be like you. But they know it will never come true.
Ruben, I think your 'DA BOMB'. Even if Jeff K. wants to be a MOM!

Hey it's CHEESE but i tried!

------------------
"We will be supporting "Screaming At Your Monitor 2.0" and "Yelling At Your Computer 3.1" in all of our titles =]" - Derek French, Bioware
Old 01-22-2001, 01:20 PM   #68
Theseus314
Quote:
The rules then. In the beginning there are nine people and a possible £10,000 up for grabs – and that's a lot of money for a daily game show, let alone a BBC daily game show. Questions are fired off to people one at a time over a time limit which starts at 3 minutes and gets 10 seconds lower after each round. For each correct answer they get a 'link' in the 'chain' which begins at nothing and gradually goes up towards a thousand pounds through nine links, the values between each link getting higher each time. There is a thousand pounds maximum to be won in each round.

Continue until only two people remain. Yes, that's seven rounds that are nearly identical. There's then a kind of a bonus round where the two finalists work together for a 90-second round and the winnings are trebled (quick! call Action Time!).

Once Anne has told them how rubbish they were for a final time, they decide who wins the pot by virtue of a quiz in the style of a penalty shootout competition. It looks like the batteries in the Anne Robinson robot starts leaking voltage at this point as the gaps between her phrases get longer and longer in what can be described at best as a way of increasing attention and at worst as a way of being incredibly annoying: "What colour is... the... character... of Colonel... Mustard... represented by in the... game... C... l... u... e... d... o?".

In the final, each player has to step forward to the single podium to receive the questions which is actually quite annoying and looks very A-Level Theatre Studies. The winner gets all the money run over all the rounds. The loser wins nothing.
1 copy of Star Trek Voyager

Shorty short game with piss poor MP. "You come from an over drawn out TV series, how come you didn't know how to get over five hours of play?" Star Trek Elite Forces, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

1 copy of Vampire Redemption

"Vampire Redemption, in fact you were FAR worse than any other player in that round but it's votes that count and with four votes Vampire Redemption, you ARE the Weakest Link - goodbye,". Awful plot and level design, console graphics and feel? Vampire Redemption, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

1 copy of Unreal Tournament

"Well in that round team you banked a pathetic £50,". Unreal Tournament, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

5 copies of TA Kingdoms

You have made it to the final round, losing to WOT, you leave with nothing.

1 copy of Wheel of Time

You leave winning, well done.... You have been watching the Weakest link. Goodbye!

To clarify, send me WOT. I understand it is a bloody cool game, I don't have it, and havn't had people such as Rob Howoth over exposing it, ruining the game.

From Joe: Thesus, I received a request from your ISP (or whomever runs the place you put these pictures on) to remove them. They said that their bandwith allocation was being sucked up by so many people viewing them. If you have a question, email me, and I'll give you more details. Strongly suggest something like Geocities for image hosting for messages.

[This message has been edited by Joe3DR (edited 01-24-2001).]
Old 01-22-2001, 01:26 PM   #69
Ruben3DR
Crap, wasn't expecting any takers... I will let you guys know who is getting what Friday!!!!! Then I gotta figure out how I am gonna ship all this stuff

In the meantime keep posting.....

It would be cool if someone could tell me why
the artists, Matt, Brian, Tim, Paul and I are better than the evil programers, mappers and satan himself, George!!!

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 01:29 PM   #70
Ruben3DR
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruben3DR:
Crap, wasn't expecting any takers... I will let you guys know who is getting what Friday!!!!! Then I gotta figure out how I am gonna ship all this stuff

In the meantime keep posting.....

It would be cool if someone could tell me why
the artists, Matt, Brian, Tim, Paul and I are better than the evil programers, mappers and satan himself, George!!!

Crap I like creative posts, only do it if you want...

------------------

Old 01-22-2001, 01:32 PM   #71
What am I the only WOT fan out here? (the books, dont have the game YET!)

Actually a signed WOT box would help pay for my wife's upcomming surgery, she has to get her spit glands replaced. If the box was signed by all of the Duke team it would even bring enough to help my son WALK again (I would kick him outside while playing the game, some fresh air would be good for the boy) Actually by sending me the game your give new hope to my daughter and make her life worth living. (Her Salor Moon comes on oppisite Babylon 5, If I am playing WOT she can watch her show)

And my youngest 4 year old, well that boy ain't right. I am just hopping that the sight of the signed WOT box will stop his desire to dress in his sister's clothes. And I am not even going to mention how it could stop my dog's fir from falling out or comfort my Psycotic Cat.

All I can do is pray that you will do the honorable thing.

Quote:
It would be cool if someone could tell me why the artists, Matt, Brian, Tim, Paul and I are better than the evil programers, mappers and satan himself, George!!!
ROFL... thats like saying how is a plumber, carpenter or electrician like an Architect.

The Artist shows the vision, he/she creates the groundwork and sets the style of the world. The rest simply provide support for your vision. You artists are the composer and conductor, the others simply provide the instruments for you to pass on and share your visions, hopes and dreams with the rest of the world.
------------------
Note to self: Do not post images, post urls for the images. Those looks Joe gives you if you post images are scary...
Orion Faction Tribe: http://www.orionfaction.com
My Home Page: www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/sword/238/index.html
[email protected]

"Who am I? I am LeJohn SwiftBlade, Lieutenant commander, Son of Andrei and Sophie SwiftBlade. I am the right hand of vengence and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way to Earth. I am death incarnate and the last living thing you are ever going to see. God sent me."

[This message has been edited by LeJohn (edited 01-22-2001).]

Old 01-22-2001, 02:09 PM   #72
smattbac
[Edited to protect the innocent, i.e. me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ]

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: smattbac ]

My digital stuff
Old 01-22-2001, 02:46 PM   #73
Theseus314
Just a thaught. If I do happen to win some game, could you and possibly some of the map guys sign it or something, no other reason than in all seriousness the people with game history seem to be very world class, and I genuinly admire that.

If someone like Nick or Brendon happens to come across it, don't be afriad to use "White over" to be rid of their awful sign.

------------------
"...and this one time, at band camp, we stuck this really long Voodoo5 6000..."
"All hail Theseus! w00T! w00T!" - Draco
Classical PC Gaming
Old 01-22-2001, 03:02 PM   #74
Arkhangel

Quote:
1 copy of Vampire Redemption

Just tell me what you want and why I should give it to you. I have no rules so just fight amongst yourselves and the people that catch my attention will get what they want.
You could give Vampire Redemption to me because I refuse to kiss your ass for it or anything else. Respect someone who won't denounce your 3DRealms' brethren or jam their nose so far up your ass your uvula tickles.

I also know how to abbreviate "you are" correctly.

[This message has been edited by Arkhangel (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-22-2001, 03:03 PM   #75
Uh, isn't that illegal?

------------------
w00t! w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t! If you want to talk to me, you can IM me on AIM; DualTurboF50

Old 01-22-2001, 03:48 PM   #76
helstegt
EDIT: whoops...

---
I LOVE ARTISTS!

[This message has been edited by helstegt (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-22-2001, 03:58 PM   #77
RUBEN = GOD!
I've been waiting for DNF since about 1999 sometime and have never felt the need to post in the forum... until now!
I'll take wheel of time or ST voyager from ya, and maybe.. just maybe, it'll hold me over till DNF comes out.
And everyone knows that its the artists that make a game and not the programmers... all programmers can work on is gameplay... and...aw shit.
3D [SPACE] REALMS RULES!

------------------
Penis power

Old 01-22-2001, 04:01 PM   #78
No offense Ruben, but all those games suck ass!

I'm not interested.

Old 01-22-2001, 04:15 PM   #79
Lucky
I should get those games as my job is essentially praising 3DR.

Oh, and something for nothin' is ALWAYS good!

------------------
-Lucky
PlanetDuke.com

When It's Done, Dammit
Old 01-22-2001, 04:20 PM   #80
ectal

I'm not going to praise you because I don't like anyone. I will, however, take free stuff. So, enough crap, let's cut to the chase, send me a game. Because I probably won't even play it. I only play Daikatana, anyway. No time for anything else. I just need somewhere new to put my coffee cup. The box for Panty Raider is just about to fall apart.

------------------
------------------

Splunge!