Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Woutsie

Microwave Expander
A few years ago, (like 10) I played Duke 3D for the first time, which didn't had this gun yet. The Microwave Expander, I think, was later added in a patch. After playing another copy of Duke 3D somewhere else, I noticed it had this new gun and I didn't know why my game didn't had it.

Is this gun in the XBLA version also? I haven't seen it yet since I'm only in the second world.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Stevey Boy

Re: Microwave Expander
Yeah the expander is in the XBLA version, except it isnt a different gun,its just different ammo for the shrinker.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
Woutsie

Okay thanks, this is cool
Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
SplatterHappy

The Microwave Expander was added in Episode 4 "The Birth".. originally released as the Plutonium Pak expansion, and later incorporated into version 1.5 aka "The Atomic Edition".

You won't actually see it until Episode 4.. It is the Shrinker, but with a little microwave dish on the top and the color section is changed from green to red. Ammo (when you have some) shows up in the same slot when you have it selected (otherwise that slot, #7, shows shrinker ammo). Think of it as an 'add-on' for the Shrinker.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplatterHappy View Post
The Microwave Expander was added in Episode 4 "The Birth".. originally released as the Plutonium Pak expansion, and later incorporated into version 1.5 aka "The Atomic Edition".
For the record, that is not correct.

Versions 1.4 & 1.5 of Duke Nukem 3D were called "The Atomic Edition". The term Plutonium PAK refers ONLY to the actual patch. The resultant game is not called the PPack.

Look at it this way. You use the Plutonium PAK Patch to upgrade your v1.3d registered game into the Atomic Edition.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16