Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Prey
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Cmdr.Ed
Prey: Activation Key
To all the Clever and Helpfull Support Providers 3D Mods, Game Provider, Game Seller who all passed the buck and some who removed my posts & plea for Help, to figure out why the Activation Key was being refused.
One lone person replied "Sabaneko" with TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL & DEFENDER.

Well, what do you know, it worked. PREY accepted the 18 Character Key and is just running fine. Maybe this Post will stay and Help someone with a similar problem
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
Kalki

Re: Prey: Activation Key
That made me laugh. Hope nobody stole your cd-key.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 06-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr.Ed View Post
To all the Clever and Helpfull Support Providers 3D Mods, Game Provider, Game Seller who all passed the buck and some who removed my posts & plea for Help, to figure out why the Activation Key was being refused.
One lone person replied "Sabaneko" with TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL & DEFENDER.

Well, what do you know, it worked. PREY accepted the 18 Character Key and is just running fine. Maybe this Post will stay and Help someone with a similar problem
Don't post your CD key publicly, and there's no problem.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 06-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
mon2908
Hi, I have following Problem. I own a legal Prey Version that does not ask for a CD-Key and installs quite fine under Windows. I wanted this version to run in Linux. Therefore I used the Icculus Installer for Prey which can be legally downloaded here

http://icculus.org/prey/

and my offical Prey Disc.

The Installation runs well but ...

My problem is, that I do not have a printed key and cannot insert in the characters when beeing asked for. Does anybody know a workaround for this problem or can tell me where I can buy a retail version of this game that has a printed cd-key?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #5
Altered Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2908 View Post
Hi, I have following Problem. I own a legal Prey Version that does not ask for a CD-Key and installs quite fine under Windows. I wanted this version to run in Linux. Therefore I used the Icculus Installer for Prey which can be legally downloaded here

http://icculus.org/prey/

and my offical Prey Disc.

The Installation runs well but ...

My problem is, that I do not have a printed key and cannot insert in the characters when beeing asked for. Does anybody know a workaround for this problem or can tell me where I can buy a retail version of this game that has a printed cd-key?

Thanks.
The key should be printed on the back of the manual. If it's not, you should get your copy exchanged for another.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #6
mon2908
Thanks, I found it, it was on the Foil the CD was packed in. I just forget where I left this piece of Foil when I installed it last. So first think I did I installed it with wine to find out that I must really have a printed key, the next thing I did was to have a look in the box it came with and voila there I packed the foil with the serial number. I totally forgot that I had one. Sorry.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
fast-1

You can buy Prey here If you don't have a key copy of the game.