Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Non 3DR Game Discussion
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Nihilanth

Watch_Dogs

Official_Site

Developer_Eidos_Montreal | Publisher_Eidos | Platforms_PC_PS3_PS4_360_XBO_WiiU | Release_Date_19-22.11.2013

Super_Awesome_CGI_Trailer

Gameplay_E3_2013 | Gameplay_Preview | Gameplay_PS4 | Gameplay_E3_2012

Info: Set in Chicago, where a central network of computers connects everyone and everything, Watch_Dogs explores the impact of technology within our society. Using the city as your weapon, you will embark on a personal mission to inflict your own brand of justice.

Chicago's overarching network is known as the Central Operating System (ctOS), and it controls almost all of the city's technology and information - including key data on all of the city's residents.

You play as Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker and former thug, whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. While seeking justice for those events, you'll monitor and hack those around you by manipulating the ctOS from the palm of your hand. You'll access omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control traffic lights and public transportation to stop the enemy... and more.

Basically, an open world action / adventure TPP hacking galore. Devs mention ability to hack into games played by other people, seamless / unintentional interactions with other players and other weird things. First TPP game in a very long while that I'm excited about.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Rapture_Rising

Re: Watch_Dogs
I think this game looks fecking awesome.

I read an article on Game Informer last night about different things you can do in Watch Dogs

I just love the fact that its coming to all platforms so i'll buy this for PC.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #3
Kalki

Already preordered on PC (Payable on delivery)
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 06-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
PsychoGoatee

Looks like it has potential, and I love many games in that GTA or Deus Ex style mold, open city etc.

That some people involved in the brilliant FarCry3 Blood Dragon are making this gives me faith, even though I don't dig their Assassins Creed games. Looks cool.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
Nihilanth

Some more gameplay
Old 06-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
Rapture_Rising

Awesome, i preordered the Ded_Sec edition the other day. I cannot wait for this game.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
KO Gilligan

The city streets are very well done. Tons of really great details.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #8
Nihilanth

I agree, they look really beautiful.

One thing I'm wondering about is the amount of unique personalities. So we can spy a guy who's on a date with a doll, cool, but obviously it's not possible to have everyone's lifes scripted and unique.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #9
KO Gilligan

How much content can one game really have? A 40GB download? A box with a couple Blu-ray disks? I'd love to see new games be populated with seemingly endless different characters.

Hmmm....
Old 06-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalki View Post
Already preordered on PC (Payable on delivery)
Heh. I was just informed by my store that the game got a 50% price increase because of the local currency value drop and that I won't be charged extra if it stays at the new price. I've never preordered like this before but it's already paid off. Got a similar mail about Arkham Origins.

Also meant to post the success kid meme and learned he's just a kid at the beach with a fistful of sand.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 06-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalki View Post
Heh. I was just informed by my store that the game got a 50% price increase because of the local currency value drop and that I won't be charged extra if it stays at the new price. I've never preordered like this before but it's already paid off. Got a similar mail about Arkham Origins.

Also meant to post the success kid meme and learned he's just a kid at the beach with a fistful of sand.
Yeah, i think there is a law in Australia that covers that sort of thing, all pre-orders are treated like lay-by's (i'm not sure what they are called elsewhere but its just holding an item back and making small payments that go towards buying the product) and if i have an item, let say the Ded_Sec edition is currently $138 AUD, if Ubisoft were to raise the price of the game, then by law they cannot change the price of my pre-order because i have already purchased the game at $138 AUD.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
Nihilanth

14min gameplay vid

They keep showing the same sections over and over again. It does look awesome but how will it be outside those two or three instances? I'm not yet sure if I'm going to buy it or not. With that said, it's probably the first TPP game where third-person perspective doesn't bother me. I don't know why. Of course it would have been automatically better if it was FPP but it's still an improvement considering essentially all TPP games immediately put me off.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #13
KO Gilligan

The car chase makes the city look rather sandbox and free to roam.
But this guy guns down a bunch of guards so that he can gain access to a facility, and he uses his newly stolen mad hacking powers to thwart an assault on some street roaming NPC.

How much sand is in this box? What if I want to wander off and do my own thing?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #14
Nihilanth

You can. If you don't want to interfere, you don't have to. These are not story / progression related tasks so they're not mandatory.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
Wamplet

So i preordered the amazon.uk version because it had all of the pre-order bonuses except the stupid mask, i think and maybe something else that was dumb.

All the US versions had chopped up each bonus and made them exclusive to the retailer or online store selling the game.

I just got an email from amazon that they are dropping the multiplayer bonus though. I don't even remember what the bonus was, but i think it was skins and maybe something else like a wep or something. I don't plan on playing multiplayer anyway, but figured i would post about that. They sent a bonus code for multiplayer skin and weps i think in its place.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 03-07-2014, 03:19 AM   #16
Nihilanth

Release Date: May 27th + Trailer

I'm still looking forward to this game. But I do find it kind of funny how the release trailer (aka the final version of the game) looks three times worse than the footage we had before.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #17
Kalki

Yeah that does look worse. Here's an article comparing the visuals to E3: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wat...ded-62655.html

Damn. Wish the PC didn't have to suffer. ( This is a modded GTA 4 )

Free Speech
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #18
Rapture_Rising

I don't think it looks that bad, it does compared to the Exposed trailer but it was a pre-rendered trailer and not from in game footage.

But it does look about the same compared to actual in game footage.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #19
Nihilanth

MP Footage

While I don't care for MP I've gotta admit, that looks pretty cool.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #20
Kalki

Looks good. And I'm not a fan of MP either. Would depend on the overall implementation but I might dabble in some online hacking contracts. Apparently there's free roam too, but that's not covered in the video.

Also the idea of having the player character as the game's protagonist while other players see you as a different NPC should be a standard for all multiplayer. With the ability to choose your external profile.

Free Speech
Old 04-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #21
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Game looks... meh.
Honestly can't seem to get excited for it. I was interested in it when it was first announced.

But now... every time I see a new trailer or video, my interest in it drops.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #22
KO Gilligan

Quote:
Buy a qualifying GeForce® GTX™ 760 or above and get Watch_Dogs FREE. Watch_Dogs on PC introduces a whole new level of performance, ingenuity, and technology including exclusive NVIDIA® TXAA™ antialiasing for stunning graphics, HBAO+, and 4K Surround™ for the most immersive experience. Go to www.GeForce.com/GetWatchDogs for details.
I was actually looking at getting a new card soon
Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #23
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I just bought a new card. But, the idea of getting Watch Dogs for free didn't matter to me at all.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 05-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #24
KO Gilligan

The new cards often come with a choice of different and even multiple game vouchers. It only offsets the price of the card if it was a game you were planning to purchase anyway, or if you sell it
(I did sell a voucher on ebay for $20 last year)
Old 05-11-2014, 06:30 AM   #25
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

EVGA does have multiple offers right now, but all of them were basically worthless to me.
So, I got the card... those offers... meh.