Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Modifications
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
ecille
Question Combine custom map art
Is it possible to somehow combine all of the tiles014.art into one file, or otherwise be able play multiple maps that require their own tiles014.art in a row without quitting the game and replacing it in between?

Old 07-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
blizzart

Re: Combine custom map art
No chance, if the maps are using the same tile number for the costum arts. I donīt think you want to extract the tiles, putting them togther in a new .art file and change the textures in the maps after that.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
king karl

the doom community has something they call the monster plus pack (or something along those lines) in it is a bunch of custom made monsters (and i think textures) that are entirly custom art and coding. if they can do something like that maybe we can to if this where to hit it off it might even be possible to make high res versions of the art for HRP or to add new monsters i into the game that wouldnt require anything harder than having the pack in the autoload folder just like the HRP
Old 07-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
blizzart

Quote:
Originally Posted by king karl View Post
the doom community has something they call the monster plus pack (or something along those lines) in it is a bunch of custom made monsters (and i think textures) that are entirly custom art and coding. if they can do something like that maybe we can to if this where to hit it off it might even be possible to make high res versions of the art for HRP or to add new monsters i into the game that wouldnt require anything harder than having the pack in the autoload folder just like the HRP
But still you have to change the maps, if they are using the same tile number in an .art file.
For example: x.map is using tilenumber 4000 in tiles014.art and y.map is using the same tilenumber 4000 with a different texture. So you have to change one of the maps in build/mapster if you combine both in one tiles014.art.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
XTHX2

Yeah, in doom, there's no need for tile numbers or anything as it only cares about the picname not the number of it. But I suggest you to use something like tiles 30 or 27 something as most people don't even use that much textures to fill up the art files.