Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #1
The Duke Returns

Duke Nukem KillATon Collection Release on Steam
Hey 3DRealms Question I owned every-single Duke Nukem Game on Steam from Duke 1 to DNF I got the megaton Edition, EDuke32 the only thing I don't have from that package is Duke Zone 2, I will be happy to pay for it in a single Download File for it

Also ENOUGH WITH DUKE NUKEM 3D
Last edited by The Duke Returns; 05-15-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
Funduke

Thumbs down Re: Duke Nukem KillATon Collection Release on Steam
Although i already own the boxed version of the Kill-a-ton-edition on cd-roms, and also the steam versions of duke 1, 2, 3d, Balls of steel, Megaton edition and Manhattan Project, i did not have the steam version of DukeZone II. So i paid the full price for te steam kill a ton edition but did not get the steam version DukeZone II. That's not so good!
Greetings
Funduke
Old 05-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #3
The Duke Returns

Re: Duke Nukem KillATon Collection Release on Steam
If I was at 3DRealms would have told Fred and company hey do this they won't expect it

Release Zero Hour Time to Kill Land Of Babes

With Online Support Co-op/DM
Old 05-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
Hendricks266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funduke View Post
Although i already own the boxed version of the Kill-a-ton-edition on cd-roms, and also the steam versions of duke 1, 2, 3d, Balls of steel, Megaton edition and Manhattan Project, i did not have the steam version of DukeZone II. So i paid the full price for te steam kill a ton edition but did not get the steam version DukeZone II. That's not so good!
Greetings
Funduke
It's included with the Duke Nukem 3D entry. Try launching the game. Perhaps it should have been made more clear that anyone who already owns the Anthology would be getting nothing new.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:47 PM   #5
The Duke Returns

Seems Duke Zone 2 stuck inside my EDuke32 EDuke is a hacking Just kidding Thanks 3DRealms for the GIFT
Old 05-16-2015, 02:02 AM   #6
Funduke

Lightbulb Re: Duke Nukem KillATon Collection Release on Steam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funduke View Post
... did not get the steam version DukeZone II....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks266 View Post
It's included with the Duke Nukem 3D entry. Try launching the game.
Thank you for the info!
Shame on me, that i have overseen that!
I am happy now!

Greetings
Funduke
Old 06-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #7
HenitoKisou
I have question of other nature: does Duke Nukem 3D bought directly on 3DR store, not Steam one actually include all expansions? Also, do you plan to include these in GOG version.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:42 AM   #8
The Dukenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenitoKisou View Post
I have question of other nature: does Duke Nukem 3D bought directly on 3DR store, not Steam one actually include all expansions? Also, do you plan to include these in GOG version.
Duke3D on the 3DR store does not include the expansions, as its the Atomic Edition.
No idea if GOG will have the Megaton edition as they have the Atomic Edition.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:56 AM   #9
HenitoKisou
But Collection one on Steam has them along with EDuke32 version and isn't Megaton, so if they can be sold by 3DR that way I don't see reason why they can't be bundled both to classic on 3DR store and GOG, in many ways I'd prefer it that way. Mind you I own Megatown but it has some flaws and I know it's possible to nicely run packs both from vanilla and eduke32 as they are just GRP files + something else to mod in vanilla folder even in Megaton.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #10
The Dukenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenitoKisou View Post
But Collection one on Steam has them along with EDuke32 version and isn't Megaton, so if they can be sold by 3DR that way I don't see reason why they can't be bundled both to classic on 3DR store and GOG, in many ways I'd prefer it that way. Mind you I own Megatown but it has some flaws and I know it's possible to nicely run packs both from vanilla and eduke32 as they are just GRP files + something else to mod in vanilla folder even in Megaton.
I'm a bit confused by this.

Eduke32 is a source port.

What flaws does the megaton edition have?
Old 06-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #11
HenitoKisou
Lags in multiplayer and Steamworks only, high demanding OpenGL sourceport with memory leaks prone to crash in bigger areas or when someone shot fire at you (SW Redux has similar problem but for different reasons), tied to Steam client, inaccurate lighting and sprites clipping not fixable even with retro look or Y axis lock, wrong skybox clipping, sluggish movement and often lack of certain quirks that classic enemies had, expansions by default only in Megaton source port, if you want them in Atomic you still need either unpack GRP or mod some con files so it's only 1 expansion per Duke3D at once. Also lack of D3D or Software renderer. Duke Nukem 3D from KillAToon Collection has NW, Vacation, DC and Zone2 for DOS version with nice launcher also Eduke32 included.

I always thought that expansions are lost forever or tied strictly for Devolver's Megaton Edtition but if they are included in 3DR KillAToon Collection, especially Duke Nukem 3D title I see no reason to not extend that for anywhere else besides Steam release and GOG's Atomic is signed under 3D Realms Entertainment / Apogee Software not Devolver so I think it's possible to extend these features from standard Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition to complete release of Duke3D.
Last edited by HenitoKisou; 06-02-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #12
The Dukenator

Duke It Out In DC, Duke Caribbean & Nuclear Winter were developed by Arush years ago. They went thru some rights hell as I recall. Similar happened with DNMP.

Did you update Eduke32?
Old 06-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #13
HenitoKisou
I can use expansions from Megaton with Eduke32 but it's nonsense why expansions can't be sold with 3DR's or GOG's DN3D, only exclusive to Megaton Edition or KillATon Collection on Steam except if it's stricly part of a deal of some sort so that they must be part of package with another games or sourceport.