Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Hardware Forum
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
FullMetalJacket
Keyboard recommendations
I use an Asus G73 gaming laptop. I also like using an external keyboard (Microsoft Wave, I don't remember the exact model number) for writing and gaming, because I love the laptop but I'm not crazy about the keys on it.

Anyway, it's almost time to deploy again, and my current external keyboard is a little too bulky for me to travel with (my laptop is big enough as it is). Can anyone recommend a good, small, easily portable keyboard that still has a comfortable enough layout for gaming and heavy typing? I don't care if the keyboard is one solid piece, or if it's one of the models that you can roll up or fold. I'd just prefer wired over wireless, so I don't need to worry about replacing batteries every few months.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

"My father would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."
Old 06-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Re: Keyboard recommendations
While flexible keyboards look cool and are durable, they suck to type on and as a consequence game on. Very inaccurate and hard to press.

I'd recomend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823333017 or other mechanical switch keyboard.
It's a slim style keyboard with mechanical key switches. Mechanical keyboards are better to type on and are more durable.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
8IronBob

Re: Keyboard recommendations
Had one of these since around Christmas already...don't regret this decision. Might be a pricey keyboard, but well worth every penny if you're going to use it a lot:

DAS Keyboard: The mechanical keyboard that clicks