Old 05-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #121
dan2091

Re: Batman 3 is now Official
The Dark Knight Rises - TV Spot #3 RISE
Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #122
Kalki

http://batman-news.com/2012/05/28/th...visit-roundup/
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #123
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2091 View Post
Turns out that's No. 4 (yeah I didn't know either)

This is #3

Edit: Better version
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Last edited by Kalki; 05-29-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #124
Kalki

The MTV movie awards had some superlative TDKR Footage: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-kn...ailer-tv-spot/

Here's footage of the entire presentation with some of the cast (Bale gets emotional) & Nolan on stage: http://www.celebuzz.com/2012-06-03/c...n-dark-knight/

Free Speech
Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #125
dan2091

Saw it live on MTV. I wasn't expecting to see Nolan himself in there. Boy, was the whole thing amazing.

The clip consisting of footage from previous films was way too awesome, and the exclusive clip of TDKR was incredible as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #126
Kalki

TV Spot with some new footage crammed into those 30 seconds.

Free Speech
Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #127
FullMetalJacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalki View Post
TV Spot with some new footage crammed into those 30 seconds.
Great spot...anyone notice Bruce was leaning on a cane?

"My father would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."
Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #128
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I have to wonder if this is going to use any of "The Man who Broke the Bat"...

The Dark Knight did sort of use "The Killing Joke" behind The Joker and what he did to Harvey.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #129
dan2091

They'll probaby do :3 .

The Dark Knight Rises - Exclusive Nokia Trailer

Just awesome . I'm in love with the music of this new trailer.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #130
Kalki

Quote:
They'll probaby do :3 .

The Dark Knight Rises - Exclusive Nokia Trailer

Just awesome . I'm in love with the music of this new trailer.
Thanks for that, caught that trailer here first. That music was in one of the old tv spots (or was it the MTV footage?) but sweet to hear it again. They're showing a lot more Batman-Bane action. Here's a great new TV spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jZgS47ZRsiE

Free Speech
Old 06-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #131
dan2091

It was on the MTV Footage. Man, that day was so thrilling, and looking back I can see it was the music in it that made it special :3 .

----
Bought the tickets today for midnight showing the 26th. The movie's not coming the 20th here, I'm sad .
Last edited by dan2091; 06-22-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #132
Kalki

Quote:
----
Bought the tickets today for midnight showing the 26th. The movie's not coming the 20th here, I'm sad .
(Missed your edit)

When you mentioned the release in the Avengers thread, I assumed it would be the same in my country but it's not. July 20th for me. Not sure when tickets are coming though, they aren't booked far in advance here. Just looked and the new Spider-man's tickets are available for 29th June which is news to me, it's already getting limited showings in Japan.

Anyway getting back on topic, there's some photos of set photos. Some pics may be spoilerish while others are from the previous 2 nolan bat-films: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7678582&type=1

Free Speech
Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #133
Kalki

TV Spot with Catwoman & Batman & Batvoice.

Free Speech
Old 06-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #134
dan2091

The cape over his shoulders equals awesome ... And Catwoman is looking sexy .
Old 06-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #135
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

The more I see, the more I'm convinced that Nolan has incorporated parts of Bane's "The man who broke the Bat" story into this.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #136
hellchicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
The more I see, the more I'm convinced that Nolan has incorporated parts of Bane's "The man who broke the Bat" story into this.
Would be kinda pointless to incorporate Bane if he didn't.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #137
dan2091

Ok, I can't take it anymore. D: I really wish this was comig the 20th on my country.

The Dark Knight Rises Featurette. There's nothing spoilerish in there. But, I'd recommend seeing it ONLY if you are not hyped for this film yet. Otherwise, there's no need.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #138
8IronBob

I'm just glad that superhero movies are making a huge comeback from the old days. Not to mention that they are probably better than they were all those years ago, too.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #139
hellchicken
Just watched the press-screening; I won't give details or spoil anything, but dude, the movie is just too long and I also can't shake the feeling, that each new Nolan film becomes more superficially complex than the one before (not just his Batman movies).

Seriously, I'd think thrice about seeing this one in a triple-feature (Begins, TDK, TDKR).

Old 07-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #140
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

It's only a few minutes longer then The Dark Knight was.

I'm going to see this Saturday.
Personally, I think Nolan's films have gotten better with each one. To me, he continues to improve. Which allows for more complex story telling.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #141
hellchicken
Quote:
It's only a few minutes longer then The Dark Knight was.
Other films' running times have no relevancy to me in this context.

For the story that TDKR tells, and the way the story is told, this movie is way too long. IMO.

Just for the record, I have never felt that TDK was way too long, at all. The story in that film needs the running time that the film has and it makes good use of it. I'd even go as far to say that TDK could have been a bit longer.

Maybe that's because Spoiler:
Last edited by hellchicken; 07-19-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #142
Kalki

Some people did complain about the last 20 mins. of TDK so I can see more complaining about the 12 min. additional running time of TDKR.

I hope to see it tomorrow. Been staying away from this thread and most new info for the past 2 weeks.

Free Speech
Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #143
Kalki

Alright, to sum up: Rises is a very good movie.

Spoiler:

Free Speech
Old 07-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #144
FullMetalJacket
I plan on seeing it this weekend. Does anyone know if there are extra scenes during or after the credits?

"My father would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."
Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #145
hellchicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJacket View Post
I plan on seeing it this weekend. Does anyone know if there are extra scenes during or after the credits?

There aren't any.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #146
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Yeah. Nolan isn't a fan of doing that. He's commented on it in the past, but nothing I can remember right now.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #147
FullMetalJacket
So, great movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it, probably the best of the whole trilogy for me. It was very emotional, very moving, and on more than one occasion I was genuinely surprised by the directions the story took. I love it when a movie--especially a comic book movie--is unpredictable. That's a rare thing.

It doesn't come close to The Avengers in terms of sheer action, visuals, and overall "fun," but from a narrative and thematic perspective I think TDKR is an overall better movie. Loved them both, of course. Definitely going to be one for the blu-ray collection.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #148
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Saw it, loved it. Best of the trilogy in my eyes. To me it brings Bruce Wayne and Batman full circle and delivers on a fulfilling trilogy.

While The Avengers may have had more action, or fancier looking effects... and while I liked The Avengers. It plays out like a comic book movie. The badguys were boring, the story was pretty damn dull... and overall, I liked Iron-Man more.

To me, The Dark Knight Rises is easily the best movie I've seen this year. And the best comic book movie I've ever seen.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #149
dan2091

Can't wait 1.5 days for midnight showing. The hardest part is not being able to surft the internet without the spoils.. =/

---

Today's a festive day in my city, so I'm rewatching 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight' back-to-back, in commemoration of 'The Dark Knight Rises' release, which is happening this friday on my city... Watching now, Begins.. :P
Last edited by dan2091; 07-25-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #150
Jeff

Watched it on Saturday with my brother. Very good movie.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #151
dan2091

My review on the 3D Realms blog section. It's kinda long, so I didn't know anywhere else to upload it. :3 It's spoiler free, but talks about what I consider the main theme of the film.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #152
Kalki

Haha! Here I was wondering where Dan was and whether we'd see impressions from him after his contributions to this thread, because he should have seen the movie by now. And it turns out he was working on a super blog review. Thanks man, I enjoyed reading that!

Free Speech
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #153
Kalki

Honest Trailers - The Dark Knight Rises

Free Speech
Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #154
Kalki

BANE OUTTAKES (Auralnauts extended edition)

Free Speech
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #155
crunchy superman

Finally saw it. Meh. Don't really like it.

Quote:
Yup, this covers most of the "WTF?" I was doing for three hours.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #156
Kit

Crunchy, why aren't you defending your namesake in the Man of Steel thread!

Quote:
I don't want to watch this as I really enjoyed the film.

Yes, there's a fair few 'what on earth is going on moments' - like the opening montage - but I thought Hardy did an absolutely superb job as Bane. Really brought the character to life which is impressive considering he's usually portrayed as this hulking brute.

I also really liked how the plot twisted and turned at the end - like the Spoiler:

The trilogy is easily the best comic book film adaption in my eyes.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #157
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I loved all three films.
The Dark Knight stands as my favorite of the three, but the first and third are still fantastic films and bring Batman to a more serious and grounded reality then most associate with him. And I love Nolan for that.

I also love how the third film is more about Bruce Wayne then Batman. How the story came full circle, with Batman Begins begin about Bruce becoming Batman. The second film being about Batman holding onto his reasoning and humanity... in tern, holding onto Bruce.
And the third being about Bruce coming to terms with his life, his place... and finding a desire to live again.

It's also why I hope the rumors about Joseph being cast as Batman in the Justice League film are false. I get that Warner Bros want to be able to continue off of what Nolan has built here due to the following it's gathered...
But, this Batman... this world Nolan and his team created, this isn't a Batman that would work with Superman and such.

You couldn't take this grounded, reality based Batman... put him side by side with Superman, the Flash and Wonder Woman and expect it to fit. It wouldn't. It would feel completely out of place and perverse.
It would've been like trying to do Clayface or Killer Croc... or even have Bane use Venom in Nolan's Batman films. Would've completely destroyed the grounded tone he was trying to build.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #158
Riddlewire

I'd give it a solid B+.

A good editor could've made it an A-.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #159
Kit

Quote:
It's also why I hope the rumors about Joseph being cast as Batman in the Justice League film are false.
Totally agree! That would be a terrible move.

I think a Justice League movie could work but I'm not entirely sure the Avengers formula of putting all the characters in their own films first is the best way to go about it - besides Batman and The Question the DC universe is pretty out there. I also get the feeling the DC characters seem to be stuck in a different era and haven't quite matured/evolved in the same way the Marvel characters have.