Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Prey
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Bryan3DR
Administrator

Prey Invasion is Live!
In case you missed it, Prey Invasion is now live in the App store and the reviews and buzz so far are outstanding.

Here is official PR Line:

Prey Invasion, the follow-up to the innovative "masterpiece" (Game Informer--9.5/10 rating) console hit, finds Tommy Hawk in an all-new adventure on your iPhone and iPod Touch! Tommy takes no prisoners as he plows through new level after level of alien mutations and horrors in search of his girlfriend.

All of the original Prey's innovations are here, including Spirit Walk, Wall Walk and Death Walk. Two fully customizable control schemes are on-board to make your mobile gaming experience a snap, in addition to Prey Invasion's high-performance, super-smooth 3D engine and TapShoot(tm), which allows you to quickly and easily aim and shoot without the frustration of trying to line up your weapon perfectly (a fixed-fire option is available for hardcore players).

Seriously, the TapShoot feature changes the way 3D shooters are played on touch screen devices, removing the frustration of precise aiming, and adding the visceral feel of tapping the screen to mow down enemy targets. Almost assuredly, most future 3D shooters released on the iPhone will copy this feature.

"This is cheap alien-killing fun. No, make that, this is good-looking, cheap alien-killing fun." -- IGN (rated 8/10)

Take a look at these screens -- and yes, this is the iPhone!
Last edited by Bryan3DR; 06-11-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
Altered Reality

Re: Prey Invasion is Live!
Tommy HAWK??? Who wrote that piece? Tommy's surname is Tawodi
BTW, does this use the Build engine? Because it looks like it does.
Last edited by Altered Reality; 06-11-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
KaiserSoze

Got this on it's release day for my Ipod Touch and I'm really having fun with it.

I'll be honest, I thought a ton of gameplay features would be cut to make the game "work" on the Iphone/Touch but I was wrong. You have spirit walking, wall walking, Tommy voice overs, it's pretty damn impressive.

The framerate is rock solid smooth and the fact you are given multiple control options really helps. Great soundtrack too.

I'm still tooling around in the first chapters but I'm actually pretty impressed by the game.

For $2.99 it's a steal. I recommend it!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
naddie
I got it on release day,too. But I am having problems. The first enemy I encounter and I try to kill locks up the game with the word "Wrench" on the screen. I can't do anything after that. I'd have to hit the home button.

I even tried rebooting my iPod Touch and it happens in the circumstances.

Buggy. Will it get fixed? Who do I talk to about refunds if it comes to that?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
KaiserSoze

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddie View Post
I got it on release day,too. But I am having problems. The first enemy I encounter and I try to kill locks up the game with the word "Wrench" on the screen. I can't do anything after that. I'd have to hit the home button.

I suspect you're actually hitting the area you tap to change weapons when trying to kill enemies. I did this a few times as well. Practice changing weapons and you'll see what I mean.

The only other things I can suggest are:

-Making sure your Iphone/Ipod Touch has the latest firmware.

-Sync your Iphone/Ipod with Itunes and then remove Prey from your Ipod/phone. Shut down your phone/pod, reboot and then log into Itunes again and add Prey again.

Good luck.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
Nukkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddie View Post

Dude, that's not a bug, yer at the weapon select screen. Tap on the word "Wrench", that will solve your problem. When you touch your weapon, that doesn;t fire it, it brings up the menu. tap elsewhere on the screen to fire.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Jabba the Hutt

What a mess! Where is the PC version?
I don't want to play on a thumbnail, why did I buy a 22" screen?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #8
shiranui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba the Hutt View Post
What a mess! Where is the PC version?
Been living under a rock?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
Altered Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiranui View Post
Been living under a rock?
Maybe he wants to play specifically Prey Invasion on his PC.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
shiranui

Quote:
Originally Posted by altered reality View Post
maybe he wants to play specifically prey invasion on his pc.
o ic..
Old 08-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
Hudson

Where is PSP version?
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
Elven6

Played it today on a friends iPhone, came home today to buy it for my iTouch fully willing to pay full price, it was on sale for $0.99! I'm amazed at how deep the control customizations are for Prey Invasion, it looks and performs great although I have come across a bit of "lag" usually when transitioning areas.

Especially during the sale I'm recommending it to everyone I can, great work!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #13
BenSilverstein
I bought prey invasion earlier today and I am quite impressed. I never expected to see an FPS on iPhone (I'm a huge FPS fan). I have the run-of-the-mill racing and puzzle games on the iPhone, but an FPS, with this level of graphics is really a great feat. At the same time the game does have its game-play draw backs: like if you die, you get to restart right back where you died by shooting blue and red creatures to regain health and energy. But on the whole this is an amazing game, that is a bargain at the price.

Ben