Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #361
Rapture_Rising

Re: Earth No More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2091 View Post
So, are we in the point where this is 100% happening, or is there something I'm not getting? I really want this to happen =/. I 3D Realms.
From what i can gather its launching in August so people can invest and donate to its development, again this is my opinion and i could be wrong.

Ok, i understand them going for Gambitious, considering Scott Miller is involved but to reach a more broader audience wouldnt it be better to use Kickstarter? If it were on kickstarter i would gladly donate money to see this game come to light.

Is the public free to donate with Gambitious or is it for investors only?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #362
evilemperorzorg

Let's hope this will turn out a success, because if this goes wrong...then we can be sure that 3D Realms is dead
But why no news on the site? Why it's still a dead place?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #363
crunchy superman

Quote:
3D Realms, released the world's first 3D shooter (Wolfenstein 3D, 1992), and is known for other mega-hits such as Duke Nukem, Max Payne, Shadow Warrior, and Prey (all still ongoing franchises)
Shadow Warrior an ongoing franchise?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #364
mr.smith

I hope Mr. Broussard has learned his lessons and is determined to show the world he is not a "Procrasterbater" and will get Earth no More finnished!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #365
Kristian Joensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy superman View Post
Shadow Warrior an ongoing franchise?

Either a simple a mistake or they have something else to announce as well...
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #366
Kalki

Re: Earth No More - New Radar Group IP
Note: Threads merged.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #367
Hanu8

I had to hear good news about 3D Realms in a long time. I am glad they finally chose to crowd fund a new game. I hope this will work, I wonder how much money they need.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #368
Commando Nukem

About as much as any AAA title these days.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #369
Kristian Joensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanu8 View Post
I had to hear good news about 3D Realms in a long time. I am glad they finally chose to crowd fund a new game. I hope this will work, I wonder how much money they need.
Well 3DR/Radar have already spent 4.5 Million € on the game, that is the equivalent of somewhere in the neighborhood of $5.5 - 6 Million. With a AAA title they could easily spend that again. More even.

But we don't know what their plan is with Gambitious. How much will they need to complete the game? That will depend on whether or not they have scaled back the project and stuff like that.

How much they will need to raise on Gambitious depends both on the budget they are aiming for and how much if anything they themselves are pitching in towards completing the game.

It will be interesting to see all that, like what will the budget be, will they allow donations or only investments? What will the scale of the project be? What platforms are they aiming for? Who is developing? Have they brought Recoil back on the project.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #370
Kristian Joensen

This is the guy that was responsible for the Earth No More story:

http://web.archive.org/web/200807081...tommaddox.html

http://www.linkedin.com/in/tommaddox
Last edited by Kristian Joensen; 07-09-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #371
evilemperorzorg

20 August! Still, nothing new about Earth No More.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #372
Hanu8

Any news about this game?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #373
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanu8 View Post
Any news about this game?
Nothing, i checked Gambitious a couple of weeks ago but its still under upcoming projects.

I still personally think that if crowd sourcing is the way the devs want to go then Kickstarter is the best option.

I hope we get to hear more about this soon.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #374
ScrewingUpMyRide

New info!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ite-gambitious

"Eurogamer was told by the people behind Gambitious that Earth No More is a co-production from 3D Realms and another mystery developer, similar to the collaboration that resulted in Max Payne with Remedy and Prey with Human Head.

More details will be announced when the project is ready to go live on Gambitious."

Exciting stuff!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #376
ScrewingUpMyRide

Well seeing George isn't involved I have to wonder if he's still a part of 3D Realms? He removed 3D Realms from his twitter account so that doesn't bode well. Wish him the best all the same.

Any ideas who might be developing this for 3DR? Do you think they'll be collaborating with Human Head again as they just announced yesterday that there radically staffing up after a very shaky year or someone brand new? I look forward to finding out.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #377
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Earth No More was always Scott's baby from what I remembered.
That's how it always was. George headed up the Duke Nukem projects, while Scott handled other projects (Max Payne, PREY and the like).

So, I'm not really surprised that George isn't involved.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 09-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #378
evilemperorzorg

Well, Scott liked my post about Earth No More! I said, come on bring us the game :P
That's something....
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #379
ScrewingUpMyRide

Earth No More has disappeared from Gambitious site. http://gambitious.com/ideas

I guess it's not happening anymore, unless Digital Devolver are publishing it. Bummer.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #380
Rösti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewingUpMyRide View Post
Earth No More has disappeared from Gambitious site. http://gambitious.com/ideas

I guess it's not happening anymore, unless Digital Devolver are publishing it. Bummer.
It's been gone for quite a while. Both of the trademarks also haven't been renewed:

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...Index=1&page=1

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...Index=1&page=1

It would be nice if we could get an update on what 3D Realms aim to do this year with things that aren't iOS ports of their older titles. I mean, is George, Scott and others going to E3, maybe they are attending GDC right now?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #381
crunchy superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rösti View Post
It would be nice if we could get an update on what 3D Realms aim to do this year with things that aren't iOS ports of their older titles. I mean, is George, Scott and others going to E3, maybe they are attending GDC right now?
I'm sure they've quite learned their lesson. If there is anything currently in the works, I'd wager they'll be not a peep until it's ready to go.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #382
Commando Nukem

Yeah, well, they did that with Duke Nukem Forever for a good six years with Virtually no contact. It didn't work so well.

I think certain developers, when they're smaller and self funded, need to keep in touch with the communities that support them, not because they owe it to the communities, but because it seems for the graphics designers, level designers, coders, etc... It gives them a sense of pacing. All the stories I've heard about the environment at 3DR during that time after E3 2001 up to 2007 is that it was pretty unguided inside. No sense of milestones or goals.

The way things are now they seem to establish hype, then go radio silent, meander for many years, things fall apart, and money is wasted. It's not healthy business.