Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
ManlyStalk
Yingyang Shadow Warrior XBLA
Okay, $10 says this has been mentioned before, but $10 also says that a lot of people would pay $10 for Shadow Warrior on XBLA!

I was reading da forums and it seems ROTT would be the more popular choice to port, but Mr. Joe also mentioned the obvious that it isn't magical for a game to simply pop up on a system within a couple months because a few nerds wanna spend money having fun without girls..... and ROTT needs a lot of magic to get running on any modern console.

However... Shadow Warrior was built using the same engine as Duke3D. Sure, additions and revisions were made, but with all the shared code that could be used from the Duke3D port, it would seem only logical to me to shovel a game that was overlooked back in the Quake era onto an exciting new game-delivery system that has proven itself (such as XBLA ) and generate some extra revenue along with additional fans and PR for the inevitable DNF release! Yeah!? Sound good Mr/s. Decision Makers?

Of course I mention this because I never bought the game when it came out (Mommy and Daddy weren't keen on the idea back when I had to use a bike as transportation), and after having my way with Duke3D for $10 (which I never bought because Mommy and Daddy weren't keen on the idea back when I had to use a bike as transportation), me need Lo Wang to have way with for $10!

"Rules are meant to be broken" - Everyone who hates working for money
Old 09-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
Mr.Fibbles

Re: Shadow Warrior XBLA
I doubt we will see a Shadow Warrior game anytime soon (on XBLA or a new one). It has been said (and I have not seen a reason) that Shadow Warrior is not a favorite of 3DR's games and there is not even a rumor of a Shadow Warrior game even on the drawing boards.
The Duke3D release on XBLA is more or less a reintroduction of Duke for DNF (the DNF screenshots in the gallary are a good proof of this).

I want a rerelease of Shadow Warrior as much as some people here (despite my lack of a 360), but I realize that it won't happen anytime soon.

In the meantime. . .I can play SW with the windows port from ProAsm and JonoF. . .
Old 09-28-2008, 04:35 AM   #3
Dukefan24

I remember Duke3D had been actively requested by fans and many 360 owners to get an XBLA release. Shadow Warrior didn't got this kind of 'cult' status as far as I remember, it was a fun twist on Duke's concept though. I've not played any more Shadow Warrior than the Shareware demo, but I may think of getting the PC version anytime later..
Old 09-28-2008, 05:14 AM   #4
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan24 View Post
I remember Duke3D had been actively requested by fans and many 360 owners to get an XBLA release. Shadow Warrior didn't got this kind of 'cult' status as far as I remember, it was a fun twist on Duke's concept though. I've not played any more Shadow Warrior than the Shareware demo, but I may think of getting the PC version anytime later..
Do it boy! It ees da best 10 quid ye ever spent, I tells ya!

Seriously, Shadow Warrior Rocks but I doubt we will see it on XBLA.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
ManlyStalk
Yeah, it's pretty fun. It felt to me to be a heavily polished Duke3D with a different cast and theme. I thought it was great, but my buddy's PC always crashed on this one level where this Tank shoots Lo Wang. I think it was a Bathhouse level...

Anyway, SW with the very cool XBLA Duke3D features (rewinding, LIVE co-op/deathmatch, etc) would just make me happy and 3D Realms $10 richer.

"Rules are meant to be broken" - Everyone who hates working for money
Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #6
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyStalk View Post
Anyway, SW with the very cool XBLA Duke3D features (rewinding, LIVE co-op/deathmatch, etc) would just make me happy and 3D Realms $10 richer.
First of all, AFAIK not all that $10 goes to 3DR. Part of it would go to Microsoft in this case.

Lasty, it's not worth the effort, as there are no future plans for another Shadow Warrior game. Also, not as many people recognize Shadow Warrior as a good brand, so it wouldn't sell well.

Rationally, it would make sense for you to spend that $10 on getting the PC version of Shadow Warrior from the 3dr store. It runs on almost any system, and you'll finally get to play it, in all of its glory. Use either "JonoF's port" (which has it's issues) or DOSBox.
Last edited by Reaper; 09-29-2008 at 07:02 AM.