Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > General Messages > Camera Captioning Contest
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Camera Captioning Contest #251
ABOUT THE CONTEST

Long time visitors to the 3D Realms website may remember an old regular feature, the "Camera Captioning Contest". It ran for a long time on our site. The original edition was posted in May of 1996, and it ran almost 11 years, going though till January 2007. With the relaunch of the 3D Realms Website, as well as the announcement of Bombshell, we thought it was time to bring back this much loved feature of the website.

If you happened to be around back when the old contest was run, you'll find it is mostly the same, but somewhat different. When the old contest ended, things like Facebook and Twitter did not exist. They do now, and that's the new wrinkle. In the old days, submissions were sent in via email, and we selected the winners. This time around the new pictures will be posted on our website, and the submissions will be taken on Facebook, Twitter, and our own forums. We will pick the winners from these entries. One catch though. The entries must be submitted to us using the hashtag #3drcam (especially if on Twitter). If you don't use that hashtag, we won't see your submission.

CONTEST NOTES

The prize if you are chosen as a winner will be one of the Bombshell dog tags that were given away to press at GDC recently in San Francisco (shown to your right).

Once a winner is chosen, we will get in touch with them via social media for info on where to send the prize.

Prizes may or may not change going forward. The old contest had the same prize for almost the entire 11 year run, but this time, we are looking to do something different with the prizes.

Make sure that when you send us your entry that you use the hashtag #3drcam (especially if using Twitter) and post it on one of the requested social media outlets - otherwise we won't see it.

Each entry will run for two weeks, starting on a Wednesday, and closing on the second Tuesday after that.

PREVIOUS WINNER

The winner for Contest #250 was this guy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/The_Unsigned_1/s...90525644697600

CAMERA CAPTIONING CONTEST #251
Jun 25 - Jul 15

In reality, this is Scott Miller, Fred Schreiber, & Becky Taylor out for a drink during E3.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Last edited by Joe Siegler; 07-09-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #2
Stevey Boy

Re: Camera Captioning Contest #251
We'll just stay here til E3 is over.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #3
Nukkus

Becky: "I still want to play candy crush, but Scott is still hogging my phone."
Old 06-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
Robman

Becky's just been informed that as acting PR person for 3dr, she's been banned from phone use and forced to "mingle."
Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
guppy44
All via text message

Scott: "What are your thoughts regarding E3 thus far?"
Fred: "I'm ready for a Blue Dolphin. Yours looks good."

Becky (not amused and thinking to herself): "Are you guys serious..."
Old 06-30-2015, 02:27 AM   #6
Kalki

Scott and Fred hit a stalemate on who won the last caption contest. Becky decides there should be a do over, while giving the camera an enigmatic look.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 06-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
The Dukenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalki View Post
Scott and Fred hit a stalemate on who won the last caption contest. Becky decides there should be a do over, while giving the camera an enigmatic look.
Alternate thought of Becky: She wonders if bringing back the caption contest was a good idea, as its popularity dwindled months later.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #8
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

We're extending this contest a week, so if you were thinking of posting something and didn't, now's your chance!

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 07-18-2015, 03:27 PM   #9
Nukkus

Has anyone received their prize yet? Seems like mail from Denmark takes an eternity :<
Old 07-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #10
The Dukenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukkus View Post
Has anyone received their prize yet? Seems like mail from Denmark takes an eternity :<
It'll come when its done.

From Fred via email
Quote:
The package returned, so we must have made a mistake. I will personally make sure it get's sent to you first thing monday morning.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #11
MrBlackCat

I got mine maybe three weeks from the time I submitted my name/address.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 09-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
Nukkus

I still haven't gotten my prize. Becky was supposed to have sent me my dog tag, but then she moved on to another company. Joe hasn't noticed my latest PM either :<
Old 09-29-2015, 07:03 PM   #13
The Dukenator

Quote:
I still haven't gotten my prize. Becky was supposed to have sent me my dog tag, but then she moved on to another company. Joe hasn't noticed my latest PM either :<
I had to directly email 3D Realms about it. Took awhile for to get this fixed and get my prize, few months later.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #14
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Dang Nukkus, that seems odd, and like a really long time. Sorry to hear that.
I am in the USA and it came from Denmark. It shipped a week or so after I submitted my shipping address and took about a month to arrive I think.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Last edited by MrBlackCat; 09-30-2015 at 03:45 PM.