Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
Polkod
The Perfect Max payne look alike that can ACT
The actor is named Sabastien Spence and I can't believe no one thought of this guy in the first place. Sabastien Spence stars on a show named "First wave" and this guy is not only a great look alike but has great sense of acting. He could easily fit the role of Max.

-For one he plays a character in First wave that is in the same situation as Max.With the framed for murder, wife killed, and on a bloodthirsty hunt for revenge. Just with aliens instead of humans.

-Sabastien has shown a deep sense of pain at the time of the loss of his wife. (Heres a convincing PIC.)

-Since Sabastien was given his character in First wave. Which practically is the same as max. Should have no problem to adjust to the character of Max. Which means the production of the movie can go at a faster rate.

-Can really imitate the facial expressions of Max.

- Gots a subtle smooth voice like max in the graphic novels.

-And once again great look alike.

-Watch First wave yourself and find out how good he is

Heres more picS to make everything seem more convincing.

Old 04-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
The Baskinator

Re: The Perfect Max payne look alike that can ACT
Quote:
and I can't believe no one thought of this guy in the first place.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you would have bothered to use the UBB search, you would find that 3+ people have suggested Sebastian in the past.

"Friends? These are my only friends! Grown up nerds, like Gore Vidal, and even he's kissed more boys than I ever will.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:06 AM   #3
neeek
thats a really perfect choice. he really does resemble the character quite well.
either that or christian slater or kevin bacon.
i mean you gotta have big stars that can attract a really big fan base and audience.
i mean sure there are sum movie with ppl in it that you neva heard of before until the movie gets great reviews n is a blockbuster.
do u think the hulk will be awesum just cos eric bana the guy from black hawk down is playing the hulk? no. it'll be the story, the way its told, the ppl who portray their characters convincingly, the direction and pace the movie will go along in, and the special effects most of all. we really want to see how this person can transform from a normal person to a big huge mounting green hulk and be very enetertained.

no matter who is playing as max payne as long as the movie is very entertaining and has a great script and no plotholes and boring shit no-one wants 2 know.

and anway will the max payne movie be great cos of just the plot we already know about from playing the game? noo. y watch a whole movie about sumthing u already played a thousand times already? it will be great cos of the really awesum special effects and great dialogue between the performers and for the thriller script and the stunt work the movie will be full of, the guns and blood and slowmotion and possible bits in the movie that would be open 4 max payne 2.
guns, stunts, shootdodges, slowmotion, blood, plot, and great acting. that will be what makes a great movie, not whether john smith or jack brown or sam johnson plays who which part cos thats not y i want 2 c a movie. who cares who gets the part anyway as long as they make the movie great n not shit.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:48 AM   #4
Jade

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baskinator:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">and I can't believe no one thought of this guy in the first place.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you would have bothered to use the UBB search, you would find that 3+ people have suggested Sebastian in the past. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I suggested him too in another board, he wouldn't be bad [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2003, 08:08 AM   #5
j
Quote:
Originally posted by neeek:
thats a really perfect choice. he really does resemble the character quite well.
either that or christian slater or kevin bacon.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You didn't just say Kevin Bacon, did you? Kevin F-ING Bacon? Are you mad?

Kevin Bacon looks like a nerd gone mental. And he has the ugliest nose in the history of mankind. Suggesting Kevin Bacon is even worse than David Boreanaz.

Quote:
Originally posted by neeek:
do u think the hulk will be awesum just cos eric bana the guy from black hawk down is playing the hulk? no. it'll be the story, the way its told, the ppl who portray their characters convincingly, the direction and pace the movie will go along in, and the special effects most of all. we really want to see how this person can transform from a normal person to a big huge mounting green hulk and be very enetertained.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The story? The STORY? Come on, this is HULK: the Movie you're talking about.

It might be good, but that's most likely just because Ang Lee is directing it. Awesome? I think not.

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #6
Polkod
Thanks neek. Your perspective is very similar to mine and I respect those that share common ground with me. If they do decide to pick Sabastien spence. I think they will give the sabastien the big ticket to the big times and aswell the producer (that be that guy that made the Shield) would have become a pioneer amongst most movie creators.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:16 PM   #7
Polkod
Quote:
If you would have bothered to use the UBB search, you would find that 3+ people have suggested Sebastian in the past.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Quote:
Yeah, I suggested him too in another board, he wouldn't be bad
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey its not my fault, i just got here. Blame 3d realms. I had this idea for years now on end. I tried singing up like 7-12 times and they never responded back. Now after 3 years Im in.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:20 PM   #8
The Baskinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Polkod:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> If you would have bothered to use the UBB search, you would find that 3+ people have suggested Sebastian in the past.
Quote:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey its not my fault, i just got here. Blame 3d realms. I had this idea for years now on end. I tried singing up like 7-12 times and they never responded back. Now after 3 years Im in.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Joe must have had a pretty good reason for not letting you sign up then. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"Friends? These are my only friends! Grown up nerds, like Gore Vidal, and even he's kissed more boys than I ever will.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:44 PM   #9
Joker
Quote:
Originally posted by The Baskinator:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Polkod:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> If you would have bothered to use the UBB search, you would find that 3+ people have suggested Sebastian in the past.
Quote:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Joe must have had a pretty good reason for not letting you sign up then. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm guessing it was his "singing".
Old 04-05-2003, 08:45 PM   #10
Xenomrph
LOL, I didn't even catch that typo the first time I read through the thread.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:58 PM   #11
The Baskinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Joker41_54:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by The Baskinator:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Polkod:
Quote:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm guessing it was his "singing".
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ZING! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2003, 10:03 PM   #12
Wild Falkon
Quote:
And he has the ugliest nose in the history of mankind.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Owen Wilson?

I rest my case. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 08:40 AM   #13
j
Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Falkon:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> And he has the ugliest nose in the history of mankind.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Owen Wilson?

I rest my case. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nonono. Owen Wilson has a more stupid than ugly nose. His nose - while making me dislike any character he's trying to portray - doesn't awaken deep hatred and disgust like Mr. Bacon's beacon of nasal prowess.

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:00 PM   #14
RollingBrass
I propose that the 3DRUBB has some kind of feature in which whenever it detects a poster making a thread about "X should be Max Payne in the MP movie", it automatically sends a lethal electric blast from the server, to the user's computer, then into their keyboard, near-instantaneously killing them by electrocution. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 06:13 PM   #15
The Baskinator

Quote:
Originally posted by RollingBrass:
I propose that the 3DRUBB has some kind of feature in which whenever it detects a poster making a thread about "X should be Max Payne in the MP movie", it automatically sends a lethal electric blast from the server, to the user's computer, then into their keyboard, near-instantaneously killing them by electrocution. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Agreed.

Old 04-11-2003, 09:35 PM   #16
Forrest
Quote:
Originally posted by RollingBrass:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It did. Unfortunately, the DNF dev team accidentally killed themselves trying to suggest an actor and now we have to wait 4 more years.

The feature has since been disabled.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:49 AM   #17
Marty

i think i should be Max Payne because im sooo sexy and i have a perfect nose! i also have the perfect pose holding a gun. money please? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
seriously