Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
Jacknjack56
I need help, im new
well I was playing Max Payne and I was using the developer keys to change the skins of Max. When it would get to scientist skin it would close and a window will show up saying that data/database/skins/scientist.txt will not load because It cant perform singlejump and that I tried to make it do that. I figured out how to get to the data/database and i opened in it notepad.
i was scrlling through it and so i went to the bottom and noticed all this differerrent weapons settings.
I just read the stuff didnt mess with any of it.
I closed it, tried to get back on max payne and it wouldnt load I went to the source and double clicked the .exe and it shows the hourglass for like 10 seconds and doesn't work.
is there a fix for this?
the reason I posted it Max Payne modifications is because the data.ras file I think got messed up, and is there a way I can modify it to fix it.

I really need someones help.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 AM   #2
PsychoGoatee

Re: I need help, im new
I don't know how to fix the skin problem, but I'll say, you could always back up your save files and whatnot, uninstall the game, then reinstall the game.