Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Logan XII

Strange Derelict Glitch
I was playing a co-op game and all of a sudden the game put me into the hands of the crane that takes you onto the ship regardless of where i was in the level.

One of the times happened when i tried to get the secret that you open by standing on the TV, the other one happened in the room where the battlelord is, i tried to kill him and was using the jetpack so i was at the highest point in the room bumped into the crane hand and ended up back at the start again.

This happen to anyone else?
Last edited by Logan XII; 09-27-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
Steve

Re: Strange Derelict Glitch
That's funny! Sorry, I know that doesn't help but the vision in my head is hilarious!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Logan XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
That's funny! Sorry, I know that doesn't help but the vision in my head is hilarious!
Oh it is hilarious!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Logan XII

Also this may be related to the fact i had the game on for awhile, cause i started this co-op from pigsty
Old 09-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Steve

Maybe lag? I know sometimes if I go through a door the game will somehow put me back behind the very door I came out of. That's about 4 seconds after I'm through the door, too.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
Dukefan24

Somehow, as noticed in laggy games, vertical moves like jumping and riding lifts require more connection resource than horizontal movement like running. Also pulling switches and opening doors could have some delays yeah.. Most of my matches were very smooth though.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

The crane has always done some odd things, even going back to 1996. I've seen it get stuck because there's an object in the way in the path below it.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #8
SplatterHappy

I used to run into laggy conditions playing over the net via Kali. It was fairly reliable (aka you could time it).. if you hit 'use' to open a door and it took 4 full seconds to open, it would always take that long on every door.

Used to have to hit use, run back while counting "one one thousand, two one thousand.." etc, to avoid the "Hi there! I'm just waiting for the door to open, please feel free to shoot a rocket into my back!" syndrome.

Had several times in the past whilst playing in said fashion that I ran into spots that instagib you or warp you to the otherside of the wall (which was usually outside the level, resulting in near instantaneous death).

Lag causes weird things. "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Ahh.. those were good times. </me says nostalgically>
Last edited by SplatterHappy; 09-29-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #9
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

My comment on the crane has nothing to do with lag and multiplayer, I was talking about single player, actually.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16