Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-25-2003, 07:49 PM   #1
poo_al
"..shot repeatedly from a point blank range."
After watching the 2001 E3 video again (purely for nostalgia), I came up this little quote.

"Special Agent Balder had been shot repeatedly from a point blank range."

It appears in the game somewhere (can't remember where, probably in the hotel levels) on the TV News by Kyra Silvers.

My beef is with the "repeatedly" and "point blank range" parts.

Didn't B.B. shoot Alex only once in the head? And didn't he shoot him from quite the distance away? I dunno, I just feel like nitpicking. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Did you guys (Remedy) record the voice and then not bother changing it when the level was made (I remember hearing the same stuff in the '98 video aswell).

I'm just a little curious about this, is all. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 07:55 PM   #2
SpaceCow
Re: "..shot repeatedly from a point blank range."
You know I read this topics name in the "new threads" on the splash page, and immidiately thought "Max Payne!".

Please... put the cake in my darkside...
Old 04-25-2003, 08:10 PM   #3
Maddieman

Well, they probably anticipated that most players would pop a few extra rounds into his skull just to be on the safe side. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

/looks around nervously,

...right? [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Actually, I believe there was a poll over at MPHQ, asking if you shot at the dead baby. [img]graemlins/hhg.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 08:14 PM   #4
RollingBrass
Also, Alex falls down dead facing away from Max, yet his monologue states that he was "staring at him accusedly with cold dead eyes" or something to that effect.

But I'll play the devil's advocate on the original question and say that it was just the media overdramatizing the event. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 10:16 PM   #5
The Baskinator

Quote:
Originally posted by RollingBrass:
Also, Alex falls down dead facing away from Max, yet his monologue states that he was "staring at him accusedly with cold dead eyes" or something to that effect.

But I'll play the devil's advocate on the original question and say that it was just the media overdramatizing the event. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

"Friends? These are my only friends! Grown up nerds, like Gore Vidal, and even he's kissed more boys than I ever will.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:37 AM   #6
Devil Master

Quote:
Did you guys (Remedy) record the voice and then not bother changing it when the level was made (I remember hearing the same stuff in the '98 video aswell).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Skaven (or someone else from Remedy) already admitted that that was the reason.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:53 AM   #7
j
Quote:
Originally posted by Devil Master:
Skaven (or someone else from Remedy) already admitted that that was the reason.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I like to think that it's a part of the whole conspiracy thing. They want to make Max look bad so what they're telling the media isn't exactly the truth. Or maybe they had someone go back to the body and tamper with the evidence (ie. shoot Alex in the head a few times) so the CSI were fooled.

Beats the truth by a mile, methinks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:23 AM   #8
jimbob

happy b-day poo

anyway, i think the police exagerated because they wanted to paint max off as a hardned criminal so everyone would be affraid and report heim or whatever.
just to cover up what was really going on.

[edit] as was stated above [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2003, 11:41 PM   #9
poo_al
Quote:
Originally posted by j:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Devil Master:
Skaven (or someone else from Remedy) already admitted that that was the reason.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I like to think that it's a part of the whole conspiracy thing. They want to make Max look bad so what they're telling the media isn't exactly the truth. Or maybe they had someone go back to the body and tamper with the evidence (ie. shoot Alex in the head a few times) so the CSI were fooled.

Beats the truth by a mile, methinks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I didn't think of that. That makes the most sense. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And thank you jimbob! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]