Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-11-2003, 03:20 AM   #1
aavenr
20 Things 3DRealms Could Do In Anticipation for MP2
In anticipation for the upcoming release of Max Payne 2, one of Deep Six's talented writers, Maniac, has come up with a nice humorous article tentatively titled "The top 20 things 3DRealms will do while waiting for Max Payne 2's Release". If you want to see more features like this, vote with your hits. Here's a snippet:

Dear 3DRealms,

With all this excitement of the close release of Max Payne 2, I know you're not used to having games finished and all so here's some things you can do to celebrate the game's release!

20. Dress up like your favorite character from the game for the release party. That includes female characters.

19. Go home and sleep for a few days, if you live with a significant other its all the more rewarding.

18. Re-stock your vending machines. Three new soda beverages have been released since the previous game. Pepsi Blue, Vanilla Coke, and Mountain Dew Code Red.

17. Convince Remedy to give Max a pair of shades and give him witty one-liners.

16. Take pictures for the camera captioning contest as you fill out empty box "pre-orders" at 4AM for nostalgia's sake since you aren't doing direct pre-orders this time. The photos of you packing the first game were so great to look at.

15. Hire Rock Gods to do their own version of the Max Payne theme for a bonus soundtrack for the future Game of the Year Edition.

14. Keep all paraphernalia and beta CDs. It might catch a tidy sum on eBay if you post as an anonymous seller and don't let your publisher know about it. Your garbage will sell well too.

Check out the article in question by clicking here. I would also like to take this opportunity to pimp our other, just published features, The Deep Six Grudge #1: Will Max Payne get the girl at the end of the game, the "Like Raindrops" fanfiction, and the Katana 2 Interview Part II. Over the weekend or early next week we plan to have you Part III of our Katana Interview as well as White Rabbit's hands-on report on Max Payne 2. Stay tuned, our content writing staff is on a rampage.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:34 AM   #2
Neo

Re: 20 Things 3DRealms Could Do In Anticipation for MP2
that would be cool.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:44 AM   #3
Joonas
*BIG applauses*
Old 10-11-2003, 10:21 AM   #4
aavenr
Glad you like it guys. I just hope Joe doesn't take it personally, *cough*you're banned*cough* . After all, this is Maniac's disclaimer at the beginning of the article:

Writer's note: This is a funny joke. Everyone laugh and let's all be happy for the release of "Max Payne 2" and not get lawsuit happy. I already have enough money I owe a stupid college in California and I just got a girlfriend. And now, on with the show.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
Kevin's girl

Hey I thought it was funny too! Especially the one about Dressing up like the characters and about finishing Duke Nukem Forever! Oh and the one about arguing over who looks better in that hawaiin shirt! LOL Greatness...

Is today Jimmy Shaker day?
Old 10-11-2003, 01:34 PM   #6
poo_al
Great article. Gave me a good chuckle.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:02 PM   #7
Mad_Max
Nice article. There's some pretty funny parts in it.

Junkman Games
Old 10-11-2003, 05:54 PM   #8
Simon Charles

ROTFL!! Oh, tears from laughing! So good! These two definately take the proverbial cake:

Quote:

3. Tell Valve "IT WAS US!"

Quote:

2. Take a field trip to a competing studio and leave a flaming bag of **** on their door step.

-Hercule Poirot
Old 10-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #9
Maniac536
I'm so glad all of you like it!

*takes a bow*

I wrote it for the fans!

-Maniac

Old 10-12-2003, 09:13 PM   #10
aavenr
Quote:
Over the weekend or early next week we plan to have you Part III of our Katana Interview as well as White Rabbit's hands-on report on Max Payne 2. Stay tuned, our content writing staff is on a rampage.
As promised, part 3 for the Katana 2 Interview is up:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~maxpayn.../katana2_part3