Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #41
Justyce
Re: Theory of the D-day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman_Zack View Post
WTF is Richard Garriott doing with that dog!?
The same this GB has been doing for 13 years!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #42
JobivanHiob

I now stronly believe in something being shown on the D-Day June 6.

DNF was planned going gold on April 1 2010, that is what the director of 2K told via his twitter!
This means there was a clear schedule for DNF! After the layoffs in May 2009 an ex-employee said that DNF would have been finished around April 2010.
This means the DNF schedule (with DNF going gold in April 2010) was made even one year before.
With this clear schedule planned out remember the following.
Scott teased us with the D-Day "DNF" pic in end of November 2009. DNF was in development at Gearbox for several months already back then. This means Gearbox DNF schedule indicated that in June 2010 DNF could be at a certain status in development. This is why Scott hinted at the D-Day back then because he knew on June 6 DNF was going to be shown in public. If its just a trailer in combination with the court case settlement announcement or even DNF going gold is not known yet.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #43
Justyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobivanHiob View Post

DNF was planned going gold on April 1 2010, that is what the director of 2K told via his twitter!
This means there was a clear schedule for DNF! After the layoffs in May 2009 an ex-employee said that DNF would have been finished around April 2010.
This means the DNF schedule (with DNF going gold in April 2010) was made even one year before.
Scott teased us with the D-Day "DNF" pic in end of November 2009. DNF was in development at Gearbox for several months already back then. This means Gearbox DNF schedule indicated that in June 2010 DNF could be at a certain status in development. This is why Scott hinted at the D-Day back then because he knew on June 6 DNF was going to be shown in public. If its just a trailer in combination with the court case settlement announcement or even DNF going gold is not known yet.
Man wrong on so many levels.

Mostly - "DNF was in development at Gearbox for several months already back then. This means Gearbox DNF schedule indicated that in June 2010 DNF could be at a certain status in development. "

Gearbox had nothing to do with DNF, right from T2 and court docs, Gearbox was working on another Duke game for T2 not 3DR, it was to create Duke Begins (canceled), part of the reason 3DR is pissed at T2. Nobody has ever stated which Dev company (if any) is working on or had worked on DNF.

Per Scott and previous game news D-Day was to be a console game using Duke material (buildings/textures/gameplay style) but not Duke.

Duke Nukem: D-Day – PlayStation 2 game to be developed by N-Space.

The game was never officially canceled but also never released.

My theory - D-Day is another 'phantom' game under the 3DR belt that will never see the light of day. They really couldn't release a DNF screenshot officially, so they label it with another dead game. Come on 3DR at least change the type of snowjob once in a while.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #44
JobivanHiob

you're the one who lacks sufficent information.

1. DNF being worked on at Gearbox is my conclusion to all the stuff that happened in the last months + some confidential information I won't share here.

2. Duke Begins wasn't canceled, it was halted. And there is some solid evidence that Gearbox continued to work on it since May last year. The second part is not solid for you though because you don't know the stuff I know.

3. the D-Day PS2 game being associated with the DNF D-Day is just a coincidence or even choosen on purpose to confuse us a bit. But its very clear that D-Day should refer to D-Day June 6. The "D" means "Duke" of course.
Btw I don't see any WW2 assets in the D-Day pic..or did they had futuristic armor and weapons and modern stadiums back then in WW2 ?!
Scott surely used the D-Day tag to hide the fact its DNF from the lawyers and also to prepare us for June 6.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #45
Tekkaman_Zack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justyce View Post
The same this GB has been doing for 13 years!
1. You spelled "thing" wrong.

2. You're even less funny than Margaret Cho and Carrot Top combined.

3. For all of George's ****ups, he's still accomplished more than you (watching wrestling is not an accomplishment) so you need to ask yourself if you're really in the proper place to make fun of him.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #46
KO Gilligan

Quote:
+ some confidential information I won't share here.
Shennanigans

If your gonna leak it - spit it out, otherwise you're just part of an irritating bunch of people who claim they have some special insight from insider information that they can't share.

Besides, even information we've gotten from the developers themselves hasn't exactly panned out.

Just that you, Mr. Hiob - master of deductive premonitions, should know better.
Last edited by KO Gilligan; 04-19-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #47
Justyce
Oh I am sooooooo sorry did I ruffle a few feathers???????
I can almost see you guys doing your little freak out in front of your monitors.
-
I'd add/reply to comments but why bother.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #48
JobivanHiob

Dude...
if you want to talk about DNF and lack information go research it. Then we can talk. I hate to play the walking DNF dictionary.

@KO Gilligan
read between the lines
Now being serious...wait and see what will happen.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #49
KO Gilligan

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #50
JobivanHiob

calm down man.

everythings fine.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #51
Angelo86

Quote:

Quote:
you're the one who lacks sufficent information.

1. DNF being worked on at Gearbox is my conclusion to all the stuff that happened in the last months + some confidential information I won't share here.

2. Duke Begins wasn't canceled, it was halted. And there is some solid evidence that Gearbox continued to work on it since May last year. The second part is not solid for you though because you don't know the stuff I know.

3. the D-Day PS2 game being associated with the DNF D-Day is just a coincidence or even choosen on purpose to confuse us a bit. But its very clear that D-Day should refer to D-Day June 6. The "D" means "Duke" of course.
Btw I don't see any WW2 assets in the D-Day pic..or did they had futuristic armor and weapons and modern stadiums back then in WW2 ?!
Scott surely used the D-Day tag to hide the fact its DNF from the lawyers and also to prepare us for June 6.
I agree 100% JobivanHiob Forever!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #52
JobivanHiob

No I do not make a I believe in JobivanHiob group

but as long Duke is forever I'm forever too.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #53
KaiserSoze

To be clear, the Gearbox talk is pure speculation. I think Gearbox or Humanhead are helping with it but again, it's speculation/wishful thinking.

We simply don't know. Most if not all the developers who were let go by 3dr offered to work on the game for free to finish it. Take that into consideration as well.

It's a fact the game is being worked on. We just don't know by whom.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #54
Montykoro!

Gearbox? LOL
Human Head? LOL x3

June 6 LOL x100000

DNF 2010 LOL X1000000000

Here is my bet... No gearbox, no HH and not GOLD or relase in 2010... Prove me wrong I gift 1 game from steam

Quote please
Old 04-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #55
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Considering Gearbox are in full swing on Aliens: Colonial Marines after having just wrapped up Borderlands and it's three DLCs... I find that funny.

Duke Begins is on hold... and with the game being placed on hold by Take 2, Gearbox can not continue work on it. No matter what, not without the go ahead from the publisher.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #56
nebiatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman_Zack View Post
1. ...
2. You're even less funny than Margaret Cho and Carrot Top combined.
3. ....
Hahahaha.
Man, those are some seriously unfunny people.

Although Cho's whole 'grandma - ace-master' and 'no show, all grow' bits were funny.
But nothing since has been funny.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #57
Conan of Cooma

Quote:
I hate to play the walking DNF dictionary.
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Best laugh I've had all day...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #58
MegaMustaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Considering Gearbox are in full swing on Aliens: Colonial Marines after having just wrapped up Borderlands and it's three DLCs... I find that funny.
Gearbox had how many games in production? They have how many employees? They also seem to be hiring a number of employees. Ask yourself this:

What is the team they assembled for Duke begins working on?

Read the sig for the truth!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #59
Xgthug

Hey guys, I just thought I'd drop by to let you know that I think GB is fat.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #60
KaiserSoze

Aliens: CM and two "secret games" are known to be in production at Gearbox. The secret games could be both Duke games, 1 of them or none.

I still wouldn't count out Humanhead either.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #61
Conan of Cooma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgthug View Post
Hey guys, I just thought I'd drop by to let you know that I think GB is fat.
Yeah, I think he ate too much $$$profit$$$.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #62
Duke's New Chainsaw

He'll be eating more soon.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #63
TheXenomorph1

Duke Nukem Re: Theory of the D-day
I'm pretty sure that DNF WILL be released.

No one will ever cancel such a great game like DNF!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:37 AM   #64
JobivanHiob

Gearbox staff page says about 143 employees...but this list is surely outdated, because they are hiring like mad in the last months...My guess is that they are at over 150 right now.
Enoug people to make a borderlands sequel, DLC for Borlderands, Aliens: CM, Duke Begins and DNF...maybe also a new Brothers in Arms.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #65
crunchy superman

I ask again, if 3DR could easily show that development has indeed continued elsewhere, why would T2 sue them for ceasing development?

Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #66
JobivanHiob

the big things are happening in the background...I bet Take 2 and 3DR are in settlement negotiations.
Maybe both parties already settled sometime last year and they just don't announce it because the side effect of a lawsuit is the silence bound to it. With this method 3DR can finish up DNF at the external company and when its nearly finished Take 2 and 3DR announce the settlement and the release of the game.
Last edited by JobivanHiob; 04-20-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #67
crunchy superman

Your rampant speculation got in the way of actually reading the question. If they never stopped development, why would T2 bring a lawsuit for doing so in the first place?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #68
Xgthug

cuz Take 2 and 3DR are in settlement negotiations.
Maybe both parties already settled sometime last year and they just don't announce it because the side effect of a lawsuit is the silence bound to it. With this method 3DR can finish up DNF at the external company and when its nearly finished Take 2 and 3DR announce the settlement and the release of the game.
Plus T2 loves buttsecks.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #69
crunchy superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgthug View Post
cuz Take 2 and 3DR are in settlement negotiations.
3DR's position all along has been that development never actually ceased. So either 3DR is lying or T2 enjoys filing lawsuits it knows will be thrown out.

Quote:
Plus T2 loves buttsecks.
This is actually the best answer I've heard.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #70
alex d
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy superman View Post
Your rampant speculation got in the way of actually reading the question. If they never stopped development, why would T2 bring a lawsuit for doing so in the first place?
An equally apt question is why would T2 refuse to give the previously agreed funding if the game was meeting all the milestones and as on-track as everyone involved (including the former T2 producer they were dealing with) was making it out to be?

Decisions of large corporations controlled by stock holders rarely make much logical sense. Such decisions are usually fueled by profit margins and greed, just look at the Inifity Ward/Respawn/Activision debarcle. Who would fire the two people mostly responsible for the most successful game in history knowing full well they would instantly become the industry's hottest free-agents?

Cutting funding on a project then suing the team for shutting down due to a lack of funding is actually quite a tame compared some of the mindboggling decisions and lawsuits some publishers make
Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #71
SpinX

I just hope that 3Drealms gathers up a new development team after DNF release (if that ever happens) and starts acting professionaly... they can't just sell their office etc... They need to rename themselves to get some credibility and just make fun independent AAA games...

They have some awesome IPs that can be used: a new Balls of steel (iphone,steam,PSN,Arcae,wiiware), a new raptor, shadow warrior, wacky wheels, halloween harry,... please no ROTT (never liked that game... it sucks on iphone too...)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ftbfelix
Last edited by SpinX; 04-20-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #72
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMustaine View Post
Gearbox had how many games in production? They have how many employees? They also seem to be hiring a number of employees. Ask yourself this:

What is the team they assembled for Duke begins working on?

Read the sig for the truth!
Hmmm... lets see, Aliens: Colonial Marines. A new Brothers in Arms game, a sequel to Borderlands. And for a team of about 150 people... three projects is a LOT.

With Duke Begins on hold, that opened up people to work steadily on Aliens now. And remember, Aliens was put on hold so Gearbox could finish Borderlands.
Back when they employed 143 people they had to put a game on hold so they could finish Borderlands.
So, what are the Duke Begins guys working on? Aliens, and possible the new BiA game.

150 people are not a lot when developing multiple titles. Monolith employees 100+ people, but has said working on more than three projects at a time can be overkill.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 04-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #73
Kristian Joensen

"With Duke Begins on hold"

How in the world do you know this is this still the case?

"A new Brothers in Arms game"

We don't know this.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #74
Angelo86

DNF perhaps is in development by Gearbox or Human Head

Quote:
Randy's had a long professional background in the production and design of 3D games including work on Apogee Software/3D Realms Entertainment's Duke Nukem 3D, Atomic, Duke Nukem 64 and Shadow Warrior.
Quote:
Jobs Technology Programmers
Human Head Studios, Inc. is seeking Technology Programmers for our Madison, Wisconsin video game development studio. This position will be responsible for contributing to our existing code base to continue to push the gaming envelope for our current AAA title in cooperation with a dedicated team of developers.
Quote:
Facebook
Human Head Studios - Happy New Year! Hope everyone has an excellent 2010. This is going to be a great year for HHSI.
Last edited by Angelo86; 04-20-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #75
Duke's New Chainsaw

Hmmm...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #76
Montykoro!

@Angelo86: Nice one... nice one...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #77
MegaMustaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy superman View Post
I ask again, if 3DR could easily show that development has indeed continued elsewhere, why would T2 sue them for ceasing development?
The game did cease development as soon as 3DR shut down. The shut down was fairly immediate as was the T2 lawsuit soon after. It is speculated that 3DR then handed the game off to a third party developer a short while later. They have to be quiet about the development because they don't want T2 to know even though they probably do. They want to keep T2 in the dark until the game is close to shippable.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 AM   #78
JobivanHiob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMustaine View Post
The game did cease development as soon as 3DR shut down. The shut down was fairly immediate as was the T2 lawsuit soon after. It is speculated that 3DR then handed the game off to a third party developer a short while later. They have to be quiet about the development because they don't want T2 to know even though they probably do. They want to keep T2 in the dark until the game is close to shippable.
I don't think so...keeping T2 in the dark is no good strategy, this could make the situation between T2 and 3DR even worse. They need to cooperate...I'm sure T2 is is working with 3DR together to finish the beast via Gearbox.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #79
RuskiSnajper.

I think my post got deleted , probably because I guessed it spot on

That didn't happen only once
Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #80
Commando Nukem

Quote:
I'm sure T2 is is working with 3DR together to finish the beast via Gearbox.
No. They arent. They're in the middle of a lawsuit. They're not working together. No. No no. NO.