Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-28-2015, 12:12 AM   #1
reble
Re: Blake Stone
The following attached picture bellow is how the game Blake Stone looks on my laptop running with Dosbox. Is there any way to make the game screen bigger? The radar map in the lower right hand corner is so small that I have to use a hand held magnifying glass to look at it. I have tried the Dosbox cmd line cmd "-fullscreen". That doesn't help. All that does is put a big black background behind and around the game screen in the middle. That doesn't make the game screen bigger. The size of the game screen makes it hard for my old tired eyes to focus on after a while.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b-stone screen capture.jpg (141.6 KB, 19 views)
Last edited by reble; 07-28-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
The Dukenator

dosbox has an option to make the original screen bigger in its configuration settings.

Also, windows comes with magnifier built in.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:42 PM   #3
reble
What is the Dosbox cmd to make the original screen bigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dukenator View Post
dosbox has an option to make the original screen bigger in its configuration settings.

Also, windows comes with magnifier built in.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I looked through the Dosbox manual. There is nothing about making the original game screen larger.

Steve
Old 08-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
Thandor
Open the dosbox-0.74.conf file and search for the scaler value. It'll probably say scaler=none, but if you configure it to scaler=normal2x or scaler=normal3x it will double or triple the screensize. There are other scalers available as well (see the documentation inside the .conf file).
Old 08-17-2015, 10:53 PM   #5
reble
Thandor the following bellow is the bat file that I start Blake Stone with.
--------
c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles 9010" -c "mount c c:\games" -c "c:" -c "cd dgames" -c "cd bstone" -c "bs_aog.exe powerball radar"
--------
I have used the same bat file, with minor adjustments for other dos games, for all the MSDOS games that I have and it works well for me over the years. How do I add the "scaler" cmd to the bat file? I don't need to inlarge the screen for the MSDOS games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thandor View Post
Open the dosbox-0.74.conf file and search for the scaler value. It'll probably say scaler=none, but if you configure it to scaler=normal2x or scaler=normal3x it will double or triple the screensize. There are other scalers available as well (see the documentation inside the .conf file).
Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 AM   #6
reble
Thanks for the info. I found the scaler value in config file. It was set to "scaler=normal2x". I bumped it up to normal3x and it indeed helped see the radar screen better. But it also increased the screen size of all the other MSDOS games that I have and run with DosBox (Not that, is a bad thing). I only relay for Blake Stone.

Steve