Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > General Messages > Camera Captioning Contest
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Camera Captioning Contest #246
ABOUT THE CONTEST

Long time visitors to the 3D Realms website may remember an old regular feature, the "Camera Captioning Contest". It ran for a long time on our site. The original edition was posted in May of 1996, and it ran almost 11 years, going though till January 2007. With the relaunch of the 3D Realms Website, as well as the announcement of Bombshell, we thought it was time to bring back this much loved feature of the website.

If you happened to be around back when the old contest was run, you'll find it is mostly the same, but somewhat different. When the old contest ended, things like Facebook and Twitter did not exist. They do now, and that's the new wrinkle. In the old days, submissions were sent in via email, and we selected the winners. This time around the new pictures will be posted on our website, and the submissions will be taken on Facebook, Twitter, and our own forums. We will pick the winners from these entries. One catch though. The entries must be submitted to us using the hashtag #3drcam (especially if on Twitter). If you don't use that hashtag, we won't see your submission.

CONTEST NOTES

The prize if you are chosen as a winner will be one of the Bombshell dog tags that were given away to press at GDC recently in San Francisco (shown to your right).

Once a winner is chosen, we will get in touch with them via social media for info on where to send the prize.

Prizes may or may not change going forward. The old contest had the same prize for almost the entire 11 year run, but this time, we are looking to do something different with the prizes.

Make sure that when you send us your entry that you use the hashtag #3drcam (especially if using Twitter) and post it on one of the requested social media outlets - otherwise we won't see it.

Each entry will run for two weeks, starting on a Wednesday, and closing on the second Tuesday after that.

PREVIOUS WINNER

The winner for Contest #245 is "Revenant" from our own forums, who submitted this entry, which draws heavily from the TV series "Community":

"His title challenged, Fred aptly demonstrates his unmatched skills in competitive 'the floor is lava' events."

CAMERA CAPTIONING CONTEST #246
Apr 1 - Apr 14

In reality, this is Scott Miller clowning around behind Interceptor devs (L-R):
Chris Pollitt, Jacob Ostergaard, and Grzegorz Zawadzki (who is partially off screen) while in Denmark for a visit.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Last edited by Joe Siegler; 04-01-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:49 AM   #2
doggydoo

Re: Camera Captioning Contest #246
Scott Miller showing off his exquisite skills in the art of crouchwalking.
Girl in the pink dress: "Mommy, what's that guy doing over there?
Mom: "Ssshhhh...! Don't look, that's a mentally challenged person."
Old 04-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
Robman

#1-SM : "Miller delightfully submits to the intense gravity of Denmark."

#2-SM : "Quick! Hide the gray stubble!"
Last edited by Robman; 04-03-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #4
Hank

Scott being hit by a Shrinker Ray
Scott: I’m hit. See?
3D crew: Nej, du er skjult.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
MrBlackCat

"Though smiling through the pain of this crippling condition, Scott Millers broken body shows one of the brutal effects of long term game development... permanent 'Crunch Mode'."

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 04-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #6
fofo.rider

"If octabrains have feet, they'll walk like that"
Old 04-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #7
The Dukenator

Scott: Think I could hold this position..forever?