Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #401
Skiffer

Re: Shacknews sees Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem 4 President. Forklift terrorism out the window.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #402
Ramen4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiffer View Post
Duke Nukem 4 President. Forklift terrorism out the window.
Do aliens have FMD? Forklifts of MASS Destruction?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #403
Airtraffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I think you people take this sorta stuff way too seriously. It's like you're somehow entitled to media or information regarding DNF, or at least you seem to have that illusion.

It's just a game y'know, I'll see it when it's done and I'll hear about it whenever 3Drealms cares to throw whomever a bone.
Partly true, but it's also huge business. Try telling 3DR staff and the publisher "it's just a game"

It doesn't take much to ruin a good thing, In 1966 the Ford Mustang was outselling every other muscle car put together 2-1 but because they got smug about it they decided that they didn't need to market it anymore.. it started to die. By 1968 the Mustang was being outsold by both the Camaro and Firebird (basically the same car) the Cuda passed them in 69 and the expensive corvette as well, by 1970-71 the Mustang was crap on a stick and Ford was in trouble.

Marketing is everything people, companies get lucky with a new product every so often (pet rock, Cabbage patch kids and even Duke) but without proper marketing and care the franchise will die, I fail to see how the gaming biz could possibly be any different.
What if Duke is a 289ci Mustang and there's a 340ci Hemi Cuda waiting to destroy it?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #404
Airtraffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgk View Post
The "Stay Tuned" business is based on the fear 3DR has to show the world the innovations they've created for the game. If they show it "too soon", other companies may copy those new ideas...
Hahaha, yeah i guess that would make sense if DNF is years away. Or do you think another company can take Dukes innovations and build it before DNF ships?