Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
Dark Agent

Sound effects glitch in Warp factor.
I just began the Warp Factor level in single player and all the sound effects are playing countinuesly in an odd tone, you can hear enemies dieing, weapons being picked up and Duke talk even though I'm not doing a single thing but walking into a room.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #2
Logan XII

Re: Sound effects glitch in Warp factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Agent View Post
I just began the Warp Factor level in single player and all the sound effects are playing countinuesly in an odd tone, you can hear enemies dieing, weapons being picked up and Duke talk even though I'm not doing a single thing but walking into a room.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Some thing happened to me but in Fusion Station, when i quit the level it seemed to carry on until i quit the game.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

What were you doing before that happened? Long multiplayer session? Does this happen in the demos running at the main menu, too? Need more info to properly look at it.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Logan XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
What were you doing before that happened? Long multiplayer session? Does this happen in the demos running at the main menu, too? Need more info to properly look at it.
I was playing single player i loaded up my save (i was on Fusion Station) died, used the respawn option,I selected my respawn point after going through my progress,the sound glitch began,died again,respawned,saved the game then quit to main menu and the sounds carried on playing until i returned to arcade.

It sounded like the game was cycling through all the speach sounds at different rates because the pitch of the sounds kept changing.
Last edited by Logan XII; 09-26-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Does this happen every time that save is loaded? What I'm getting at is if you quit the game completely, then re-run it, then load the save game does it still happen? Or only happen after you play for awhile then load that save?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
Logan XII

Quote:
Does this happen every time that save is loaded? What I'm getting at is if you quit the game completely, then re-run it, then load the save game does it still happen? Or only happen after you play for awhile then load that save?
I haven't played that save again yet, so i couldn't say at the moment, i will try it later.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
Logan XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan XII View Post
I haven't played that save again yet, so i couldn't say at the moment, i will try it later.
Loaded up the save,quitting the game seems to cure it.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #8
Steve

Quote:
This has happened to me after a long multiplayer session. In fact, this has happened to me on the PC version, too
Old 09-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Strange. Could be some sort of memory corruption after really long sessions.

That's a stab in the dark, again I'm no programmer, I'm just logically trying to guess there.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:26 AM   #10
Dark Agent

Basicly I would load up the previous save at the end of the previous level, as soon as Warp factor starts the issue would more or less start, I tried loading the save again, no luck.

I then tried going to the main menu and loading it again from there, still no such luck, I then wh\ent back to the Xbox 360 Dashboard and reloaded the game, the issue was no longer present after that.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #11
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

From what has been said in this said, it sounds like a random memory corruption after a decent sized session of gameplay. The reboot means it's not tied to the save game as such. If it's a random thing like that, it will likely be impossible to track down.

If you do figure out a 100% reproducible method of doing this, I'd be interested in hearing more details.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #12
killabytes

Mine just did it too. But I was not playing online or for long. Probably 5 minutes at the most and then it started in Warp Factor.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #13
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabytes View Post
Mine just did it too. But I was not playing online or for long. Probably 5 minutes at the most and then it started in Warp Factor.
Was it in a specific spot, say the tram that goes from one side of the level to another?

Old 09-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #14
Steve

Arrow Re: Sound effects glitch in Warp factor.
Do you think it could be the protector drones (flying things that blow up in your face)? It will happen around those enemies. As soon as that bitch of an enemy makes its "squealing" noise when it sees you the sound will do what has been described here. Happened in Raw Meat for me too. Drone seen me at the start, made squealing noise as it does, then sound goes mental.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
Logan XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Do you think it could be the protector drones (flying things that blow up in your face)? It will happen around those enemies. As soon as that bitch of an enemy makes its "squealing" noise when it sees you the sound will do what has been described here. Happened in Raw Meat for me too. Drone seen me at the start, made squealing noise as it does, then sound goes mental.
Come to think of it i was fighting drones when it happened.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #16
Steve

Indeed. I first heard the sound glitch on the PC version way back. It will cycle through all of the sound files at high-pitch. Hearing Duke say "blow it out your ass" sped up and in high-pitch is pretty funny
Last edited by Steve; 09-27-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #17
killabytes

Quote:
Was it in a specific spot, say the tram that goes from one side of the level to another?
Actually it was on the tram.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
TerminX

You know, I think I've had this happen to me with the PC version as well, but only a couple of times that I can remember. If I can track it down, I'll post the fix here so it can be applied to a future update of Duke3D on XBLA (if one happens).