Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > General Messages
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-06-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
The Duke Returns

Should Video Game Devs Try Harder?
Should video game devs try harder the answer to is yes each person that is apart of the team should always do there best when it comes to a game say like Duke Nukem 3D Xbla for example, The game ran really good it had really good features in it like rewind feature demo recording also in the single player you where able to keep your weapons after you beat an eps say like eps 1 you go to eps 2 with the weapons you had along with the ammo However I do believe that the online part of it could have been better wish there was like a team duke match and muti team like 2v2v2 Xbla Rate is like a 8/10

ok now let's talk about Duke Nukem Megaton Edition, Megaton is a decent port it not bad however it is kind of touch to run games there online when a server starts the game usually crashes like 8 secs into a game also there quite afew bugs there too that should be dealt with also some of the textures are no aligned I hope Megaton gets updated hardcore I really do like megaton

Also Damn I played way to much of Duke Nukem 3D

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086032064/
Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Re: Should Video Game Devs Try Harder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke Returns View Post
Duke Nukem 3D Xbla for example, The game ran really good it had really good features in it like rewind feature demo recording
You can thank John Pollard for that. That was his thing. I had fun doing the playtesting on that version. Me and Bryan Turner handled almost all the internal testing, along with George of course. From all that testing came my Duke3D walkthrough I did ages ago. http://legacy.3drealms.com/duke3d/walkthrough/

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 04-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
The Duke Returns

if ya ever get a chance please port Duke Nukem 3D Xbla Live to Xbox 1 also add some things like spin off eps, team duke match if ya can
Old 04-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke Returns View Post
if ya ever get a chance please port Duke Nukem 3D Xbla Live to Xbox 1 also add some things like spin off eps, team duke match if ya can
Anything's possible of course, but at some point one has to stop redoing the past, and move forward, eh? I'm not saying it can't/won't happen, but the new 3D Realms isn't all about just rehashing/porting the old stuff. There's new things going on, too. That's where the primary focus is.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 04-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
The Duke Returns

Yeah your right Joe I'm glad that the new 3DRealms is moving forward making Bombshell I can't wait to play it I just hope it gets pre orders open soon.

Edit I uploaded it here http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa...egaton+Bug.rar The video is 20 mins long I did Hollywood E1L1 before the bug went to the other eps as well to show you there are no problems then I loaded the savestate when to some of the levels you will see the game will become unplayable

How the bug starts

when someone host a duke match join the game and when he quits to the single player the game should be mess up on all 4 eps also duke becomes diffent item like a 30% medkit or a tripwire also on flood zone look who sticks to me a
Last edited by The Duke Returns; 04-07-2015 at 05:46 PM.