Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Loke

Useless elevator platform in Dark Side
This is something that's been bugging me for years. I've searched around but can't find anything on the subject matter.

In the Gamma Sector just near the part when you need to move the platforms up in order to gain access to the room, which contains the core, with the yellow card there's an ventilation shaft which leads down to the lower part of the big room with the platforms. In this ventilation shaft there's an Assault Trooper and a atomic health right next to it. However, the strange thing is, which is also the point of this thread, is that the sector the Trooper is standing on is in fact a elevator. Using the elevator will make it go down a bit and then stop, though there's nothing of interesting down there. There's also no sound activated when using it.

Here's a video demonstrating it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1lQPYCeUNU

I've always wondered if it's an unfinished secret area or if Allen Blum just added it by mistake.

Kinda trivial stuff but I just wanted to post it to see if anyone else has also seen it.
- The Stinger
Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Nacho

Re: Useless elevator platform in Dark Side
It looks like it could of been just an error... the only real way to know for sure is to ask the man.