Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-10-2003, 08:18 PM   #1
aavenr
The Deep Six is Recruiting Personnel! Don\'t Miss Out!
Looking For a Job? Search no Further!
11/10/03 | 02:10 GMT - aavenr

Yes that's right, the fine machinery at the heart of the Deep Six Installation could use some promising new material as yourself. If you have ever dreamed on joining the most frequently updated and content featuring Max Payne fansite around, with close ties to Remedy, 2+ years of experience, full backing from the biggest gaming network in the planet and right before the most active period in the scene ever since Max Payne 1 was released, now is that time!

Deep Six is hiring guys, hiring like mad. We are opening up a whooping 6 new positions: 3 news posters and 3 content/article writers. So what is in for you? Perks include your own fancy @3dactionplanet.com so you can brag to your friends and your own individual weblog so that you can take part in that amazing thing we call freedom of speech. You will get to join a talented, highly active and strongly motivated team and will be able to use the overhauled website design we are just about to premier. However, not everybody is fit for joining our ranks so to find out the specific requirements of the job and more information on what it entails, I strongly suggest you to give our jobs page a good read. If you are interested, please drop me a line to aavenr@3dactionplanet.com and detail me how you satisfy those requirements. Have a nice day.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #2
poo_al
Re: The Deep Six is Recruiting Personnel! Don\'t Miss Out!
Interesting.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:20 PM   #3
Kevin's girl

Quote:

Deep Six is hiring guys, hiring like mad.
You're not hiring women?!

Do you get to interview the fellas at Remedy?!

Is today Jimmy Shaker day?
Old 10-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #4
aavenr
Quote:

You're not hiring women?!

Do you get to interview the fellas at Remedy?!
Heh, you know what I meant, it really doesn't matter the gender of the applicant

And do we get to interview Remedy? Hmm...well we did have the chance to send them 3 questions about Max Payne 2 as part of a 'inner sanctum' (that's Max Payne Area, Max Payne Zone, Deep Six and Payne Reactor) wide Q&A and we hope to have another chance to interview them further in the future (though we have nothing confirmed right now).
Old 10-11-2003, 04:31 AM   #5
L.J.
Very tempting. I'm not really sure I'd have the time though .
Old 10-11-2003, 07:01 AM   #6
j
The words "hire" and "job" usually mean people receiving actual payment for what they do. So shouldn't you say "recruiting volunteers like mad"?

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
aavenr
heh, I thought it went without saying that working on a Max Payne fansite is a labor born out of passion and dedication.

Anyway, this is turning out surpringsinly good. I have more than a dozen applications waiting for me on my inbox, and nearly all of them are from folks that are serious about this. I will try to respond to each one of them individually. Thanks for the support guys.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:29 PM   #8
asker
What you're saying is that you want someone to slave like a dog under GameSpy, a corporation run by some of the most arrogant people I've ever had the displeasure of communicating with (and who don't value their people at ALL), all for no recompense?

I'm sure you'll have no problem: there are plenty of people who've never actually dealt with GameSpy internally before who'll be happy to jump on the train.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:51 PM   #9
ADM

No what he is saying is he wants people who are willing to help out the Max Payne community.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:03 PM   #10
aavenr
Quote:
What you're saying is that you want someone to slave like a dog under GameSpy, a corporation run by some of the most arrogant people I've ever had the displeasure of communicating with (and who don't value their people at ALL), all for no recompense?

I'm sure you'll have no problem: there are plenty of people who've never actually dealt with GameSpy internally before who'll be happy to jump on the train.

Honestly I have no idea where that hate comes from. I have worked under the GameSpy banner for over 2 years now and it has been an experience as good as I could have hoped it to be. I don't know what you have gone through in the past with them but the GameSpy that I've always known is smart, reliable, supportive, efficient, and passionate about what they do. I'll list an example, one among many: Do you know any other comany that gives free $350 passes, t-shirts and all the help necessary to get into the E3 show to cover games for the website you work on?

To me, these guys are a corporate role model.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:15 AM   #11
KillJoy

hmmmmm...

I've done work for you guys before, is it just stuff like that, except I would actually get to write the articles?

I'm Merc #3 in the Katana 2 Mod
Old 10-12-2003, 02:15 AM   #12
aavenr
Quote:
hmmmmm...

I've done work for you guys before, is it just stuff like that, except I would actually get to write the articles?
Yup, you have done a terrific job helping us out with the MP2 coverage on printed publications. If you wanted to do something along these lines (though on a much more involved level) you would have to apply for the news posting.

Writing articles doesn't have anything to do with what you have done for us in the past. It means doing editorials, previews, reviews, interviews, humorous articles, etc (though the article writer does get to decide what kind of articles he wants to pursue).

For more information on what each position specifically entails, check out this page:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~maxpayn...community/jobs
Old 10-12-2003, 05:04 AM   #13
Joonas
This is it. I just have to ask:

Why does the URL of Deep Six always say /oldsite/...?
Old 10-12-2003, 05:49 AM   #14
ADM

Probably because it's still using the old design and their new design is located in the root server so when they switch over the url doesn't have oldsite.

I'm guessing anyway
Old 10-13-2003, 10:55 AM   #15
aavenr
Adam Babloyan?
Hi there guys. Ever since we announced the open positions to enter the staff we have gotten an amazing response from you guys. I can already assure you right now we will have some great new staffers working for Deep Six soon.

Unfortunately my primary email account at @3dactionplanet.com has been giving me some troubles lately and I was forced to do some workarounds to read the application emails. This didn't turn out as I was hoping for and I lost the original sender email addresses in the process. So basically I am trying to reach one individual named ADAM BABLOYAN that emailed me about the content writing job. So Adam, if you are reading this, I am looking forward to get in touch with you. Please drop me a line at aavenr@hotmail.com as soon as possible.