Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
reble
re: still looking for duke nukem II cheats
A long time ago I had an original Apogee cheat list. In the list was god and jump modes for Duke Nukem II. I lost everything. Tower and hard printed copy. I can't find the god mode and jump mode cheats for Duke Nukem II.
I also can't find the jump cheat for secret agent ether. I know there out there somewhere in cyber space. I just can't find them. Can someone please help?

Steve
Old 09-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
Alyxx

Re: still looking for duke nukem II cheats
From what I've read the god mode was a fake thing. Pressing GOD in the Shareware demo gave you a message to just play the game.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:40 AM   #3
reble
In the original all Apogee cheat list that I downloaded from a BBS board a long time ago when MSDOS 6.2 was the current operating system. There was a working GOD mode cheat for Duke Nukem II. I had a copy of the cheat list on my hard drive and a hard printed copy in a loose leaf notebook up to Oct 2010 when we lost our rented house and everything in it to an electrical fire because the landlord wouldn't fix anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
From what I've read the god mode was a fake thing. Pressing GOD in the Shareware demo gave you a message to just play the game.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
MrBlackCat

I probably still have the Tape Backup contents from Software Creations BBS from the 90's, which I bought when it closed. In the next week or so I will try to take time to search and see if I can find such a list. I don't remember it though.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 09-26-2015, 05:31 PM   #5
reble
I remember the Software Creations BBS board. If my memory is right I logged into that BBS board a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlackCat View Post
I probably still have the Tape Backup contents from Software Creations BBS from the 90's, which I bought when it closed. In the next week or so I will try to take time to search and see if I can find such a list. I don't remember it though.

MrBlackCat

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I pm'ed you my email address. Any help that you can give me MrBlackCat is greatly appreciated. I have been hunting for that info on and off since about March of 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlackCat View Post

MrBlackCat
Old 09-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
The Dukenator

http://legacy.3drealms.com/cheat/duke2.html

Don't think many cheats existed for it.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by reble View Post
I remember the Software Creations BBS board. If my memory is right I logged into that BBS board a few times.
Yep... it was huge. That was the only long distance BBS I used. I would carefully plan downloads based on my modem speed with some allowance for error correction times and restarts. It was great for the tech at the time.

Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I pm'ed you my email address. Any help that you can give me MrBlackCat is greatly appreciated. I have been hunting for that info on and off since about March of 2011.
Got it... very busy right now and not home often, but it is on the list to game related things to check on.
I have to say that I don't remember it though... I am almost certain there was never a god mode in Duke Nukem II.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 09-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #8
Frenkel

In the early 90's I had this file, APGKEYS.ZIP, that contains cheats for a bunch of Apogee games. But it doesn't include Duke Nukem II.

The games are:
Secret Agent
Duke Nukum
Commander Keen
Crystal Caves
Commander Keen 4, 5, 6
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
Paganitzu
Wolfenstien 3D
Halloween Harry
Bio Menace
Old 09-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #9
The Dukenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenkel View Post
In the early 90's I had this file, APGKEYS.ZIP, that contains cheats for a bunch of Apogee games. But it doesn't include Duke Nukem II.

The games are:
Secret Agent
Duke Nukum
Commander Keen
Crystal Caves
Commander Keen 4, 5, 6
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
Paganitzu
Wolfenstien 3D
Halloween Harry
Bio Menace
Would they be the same ones as on http://legacy.3drealms.com/cheat/ ?
Old 09-30-2015, 02:37 AM   #10
King Duke

Quote:
I can't find the god mode and jump mode cheats for Duke Nukem II.
You can't find the jump mode cheat for Duke Nukem II because it never existed in the shareware or the registered version of the game. (I don't know if there ever was a tech support version which would have had cheats.)

There is code for a god mode cheat (or "Tec mode" as the game calls it) in both the shareware and the registered version of the game, but that code is unreachable in both versions, so there is no way to activate god mode without modifying the game's executable. If that's what you want, it would be easier to change the 'godmode' variable from 0 to 1 than to enable the code that toggles god mode. At least that's how I did it.

You still die when you fall beneath the bottom edge of the level, and probably from being sucked into outer space, too. But the enemies and even the force fields cannot kill you.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:17 AM   #11
reble
The list in APGKEYS.ZIP that The Dukenator posted is part of the list. I don't know how I know but I clearly can remember the Duke Nukem II page in my lose leaf note book. I can see the page in my memory but not good enough to read it. My room mate had to hold me back from running back into get that lose leaf notebook and a few other things. I can't explain how I know what I know. But I had the god mode and jump cheat codes for Duke Nukem II and they worked. And by the way King Duke those codes weren't in the shareware version. But I had a registered version that I had gotten from someone. Who and were I don't remember. This has me relay bugged. You guys say it was never available but I clearly remember it. I have a somewhat of a photographic memory. But not good enough to remember every line of every book that I have ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Duke View Post
You can't find the jump mode cheat for Duke Nukem II because it never existed in the shareware or the registered version of the game. (I don't know if there ever was a tech support version which would have had cheats.)

There is code for a god mode cheat (or "Tec mode" as the game calls it) in both the shareware and the registered version of the game, but that code is unreachable in both versions, so there is no way to activate god mode without modifying the game's executable. If that's what you want, it would be easier to change the 'godmode' variable from 0 to 1 than to enable the code that toggles god mode. At least that's how I did it.

You still die when you fall beneath the bottom edge of the level, and probably from being sucked into outer space, too. But the enemies and even the force fields cannot kill you.
Last edited by reble; 10-02-2015 at 03:20 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #12
King Duke

Quote:
And by the way King Duke those codes weren't in the shareware version. But I had a registered version that I had gotten from someone. Who and were I don't remember. This has me relay bugged. You guys say it was never available but I clearly remember it. I have a somewhat of a photographic memory. But not good enough to remember every line of every book that I have ever read.
What I was saying is it isn't in the original executables. If you got a pirated/hacked version of the game, that's YOUR problem. (And I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to admit using pirated 3D Realms software on the 3D Realms forums.)

Anyway, you obviously missed this post by Frenkel the last time you asked that question about cheat codes in Duke Nukem II. I have tried the link and it works. It enables the god mode in the shareware(!) version and also a "fly mode" (any weapon gets the same functionality as the flame thrower). But this opatch does not work on the registered version.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:17 AM   #13
Hendricks266
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbryan2000x View Post
[URL="IGN's Duke2 Cheats"]http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/duke-nukem-ii-pc-6776[/URL]
Not only is your link broken (shown here using vBulletin's [noparse] tag), but you should have taken a minute to read the OP before replying with something as useless as "try Google":

Quote:
I can't find the god mode and jump mode cheats for Duke Nukem II.
These are not found on the IGN cheats page either.
Last edited by Hendricks266; 10-29-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:20 AM   #14
Hendricks266
Shouldn't you care about the quality of your posts?