Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
TheLazenby
Making 'The Ultimate Duke'?
I had an idea to expand the list of selectable levels at the start of Duke Atomic to include Duke It Out In DC, Nuclear Winter, Caribbean Deathmatch, and Life's A Beach.

I messed with this a little bit, but it didn't work right, because the ART files for the Wizard Works add-ons all conflicted, and when one episode looked alright, another episode looked screwy and glitchy.

Does anyone know how I can pull this off? I mean, it seems like the only thing stopping me is the art files. I already got ahold of how to extract the levels, and make sure everything points to the right map.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Telee

Re: Making 'The Ultimate Duke'?
Not possible. Carib features all new weapons/enemies and NWinter contains all new enemy graphics/code.

Perhaps it would be possible to transition between several .ARTs/.CONS when a certain episode is launched, though...
Old 04-08-2007, 03:19 AM   #3
Hellbound

But what for? Is it a big effort to close one game, go to another folder and run another game? Is it harder than to code 'transition'?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Thedutchjelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
But what for? Is it a big effort to close one game, go to another folder and run another game? Is it harder than to code 'transition'?
He's making it for very, very lazy people.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
TheLazenby
Well, I'm making it for myself. :-) Come on, wouldn't that be sweet, though? Instead of four episodes, you'd have ELEVEN to choose from! (4 from Atomic, four from the 'themed' add-ons, and three from DukeZone 2.)
Old 04-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
Telee

I'm pretty sure you can't have eleven. I tried that once with custom episodes and it gave me con errors, probably because all those episodes can't fit the level selection screen.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
Hendricks266
Seven is the maximum.

Duke It Out In D.C. is 95% compatible as being the fifth episode. The ONLY messed up thing is the end-of-episode cutscene. If you do not rename it, it will play instead of the Ep. 3 ending. Until .CON\.DEF code is implemented to link a .anm file to Ep. 5-7, those three will display the Ep. 1 ending instead.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
TheLazenby
Yeah, I ran into the limitation problem too. Too bad there isn't some way to tweak that (at least, that I know of)...