Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Popular Media Forum
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
Kalki

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Sabotage
Red Band Trailer (NSFW):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW4Mdmygl_w

Looks like some interesting R-rated fare. Apart from the usual trailer spoilage that one comes to expect these days. Sam Worthington has a nice look going there.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 02-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
Thief

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Sabotage
End of Watch was a great movie. This looks more intense, and grander in scope, yet oddly more generic, too. David Ayer has penned some great movies, Harsh Times being one of my favourites, but only because I find that movie INCREDIBLY funny.
We choose our profession in defiance of the greed of the monarchy. We will not live for the sake of taxes to fatten the nobles' pockets. We choose to live the only life available to those who would truly be free. We are Thieves.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #3
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Loved End of Watch. And, I've really enjoyed Arnold's recent films (The Last Stand, The Escape Plan)... so I'm expecting this to be pretty awesome.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
KO Gilligan

Spoiler:
Old 03-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
Bam050196

I saw Sabotage at an early showing on Thursday. If you guys are expecting it to be like the trailer, it's not. The real movie is entirely different, but in a good way. It is more of a thriller mystery movie. It has action, but not a ton of it. When there is action, it delivers in every way. There are a few plot twists at the end that were pretty cool, and the ending was badass. Don't listen to the critics, I found it to be an enjoyable movie.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
crunchy superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam050196 View Post
I saw Sabotage at an early showing on Thursday. If you guys are expecting it to be like the trailer, it's not. The real movie is entirely different, but in a good way. It is more of a thriller mystery movie. It has action, but not a ton of it. When there is action, it delivers in every way. There are a few plot twists at the end that were pretty cool, and the ending was badass. Don't listen to the critics, I found it to be an enjoyable movie.
That's good, because I wasn't liking the trailers.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam050196 View Post
Don't listen to the critics, I found it to be an enjoyable movie.
Was supposed to watch it this morning. Critics really went down on it, if you pay attention to that sort of thing. Currently at 22% on Rotten Tomatoes.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Bam050196

I do, but I don't take critics for granted.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #9
fast-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Loved End of Watch. And, I've really enjoyed Arnold's recent films (The Last Stand, The Escape Plan)... so I'm expecting this to be pretty awesome.
I saw them both on DVD/ blu-ray in HMV.

Cool, amongst others.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Picked this up on blu-ray today. Just finished watching it, and really, I loved it.
I'm willing to bet most critics disliked it because it's Arnold in a serious, gritty film that doesn't have a shiny hero and good vs bad theme.

It's not his typical over the top action campy with golden hero who bends the rules stick.

It's a great film.
And, I never thought I'd be saying "Just watched the new Arnold Schwarzenegger film" in 2014.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided