Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Non 3DR Game Discussion
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Outlast 2 - Officially Confirmed!
Red Barrels co-founder Philippe Morin confirms sequel currently being worked on...

Quote:
“Yes, we are working on Outlast 2.”

Morin confirmed the sequel is another survival horror game and is set in the same universe as the original, but said it will feature new characters and setting.

“We might go back to Mount Massive Asylum one day, but for now we have new ideas and themes we’d like to explore and we think we’re cooking up something special,” he said.

“We’re still a small indie studio (12 people), so we’ll need a little bit of time to ship our next game, but hopefully it will be worth it.”

No platform, release date or even story information was provided.
Source: VG247

IGN has also reported it.

Quote:
Outlast 2, the sequel the Red Barrels Games first-person survival horror title, is in development, co-founder Philippe Morin confirmed today.

Outlast 2 is in development as a survival horror experience and will take place in the same universe as Outlast, according to an interview with Bloody Disgusting. It will have different characters and a different setting. Although the sequel won’t take place in the Mount Massive Asylum environment of the first, the developer said that it may return to it in the future.

“We might go back to Mount Massive Asylum one day, but for now we have new ideas and themes we’d like to explore and we think we’re cooking up something special."

The original Outlast is set in the supposedly abandoned Mount Massive Asylum found in the remote mountains of Colorado. The story of centers on an independent journalist breaking into the repurposed mental asylum after receiving an anonymous tip-off. Outlast received the prequel Whistleblower DLC post launch where players take on the role of a new playable character, the tipster who was the catalyst for the main game's events.

First released for Windows PC on September 4, 2013 , the title later launched on PlayStation 4 in February and Xbox One in June. We thought Outlast was scary as hell and stands proudly as a unique and terrifying survival horror game.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 11-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
Commando Nukem

Re: Outlast 2 - Officially Confirmed!
I still need to play the first one!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Wamplet

Re: Outlast 2 - Officially Confirmed!
Argh, i need to read this better. Thought it was Outcast 2. I think that is being worked on as well though.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal