Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
UTWarden

possible Bug in controls
Ok, here's the issue, I've now seen this twice, once in co-op and it just happened to me again on the SAME level.

the level Dark Side(E2M8), the Exit is in the WATER I have my use key binded to LEFT stick, this has ALWAYS worked except underwater. To end this level I had to change the binding and then the exit worked.
Last edited by UTWarden; 09-28-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: fixing errors and making the title clearer
Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
SplatterHappy

Re: possible Bug in controls
This just happened to me for the first time. I'm playing through again on "Come get some" difficulty and at the beginning of 'Toxic Dump' (E1M3) in the sub I had the exact same problem. So I shot the buttons instead.. worked fine with both shotgun and pistol.. tried my 'use' button (I'm using the default of 'X') again on all 3.. nada.

So I paused, saved the game, loaded it back in.. and now I can push the buttons with 'use' again.

Definitely a weird glitch. Easy to understand how 3DR missed it though: I've played through the entire game on 'Let's rock' difficulty, played ranked matches to get the 500 kills online to unlock everything, and played through several levels again to in my quest to find all the secrets (it's a stats thing ), and this is the first time this has happened to me.

But I was pressed right up against the one button, with my crosshair dead center hitting 'x' and nothing.. moved to each of the others, jamming on the use button.. nothing, quit, saved, loaded and *bang* it's working again.

Ah well.. minor glitch. Maybe one of the fine folks at 3DRealms can reproduce and squash this bug in their spare time.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
UTWarden

for you a reload of the game worked, and yes that's a switch, it WILL work, it's the Exit pieces that it WON'T work on, I put back the Use on the left stick at the start of Overloard, and the switch for atomic health worked in the BEGINNING of Overlord in the water.

A switch can be KICKED, the exit CAN NOT be kicked.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
UTWarden

happened again in Derelict.