Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Yatta's Duke4.net Weblog
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

I'll be using this blog to make announcements regarding the Duke Nukem Forever fan website, [URL="http://www.duke4.net"]Duke4.net[/URL].
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Duke4.net - Donations

Submit "Duke4.net - Donations" to Digg Submit "Duke4.net - Donations" to del.icio.us Submit "Duke4.net - Donations" to StumbleUpon Submit "Duke4.net - Donations" to Google
Posted 04-08-2008 at 07:13 PM by Yatta
Updated 04-30-2009 at 04:06 PM by Yatta

Duke4.net is in serious need of [B]donations[/B] in order to remain hosted if problems arise with our current host. While the Edge Network has been more than generous in serving the website so far, we've been experiencing some software related issues and occasional downtime. If the Edge Network asks us to move out, a dedicated server will run me [URL="https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/dedicated.asp?app%5Fhdr=&display=dedicated"][B]80 dollars a month[/B][/URL] and it'll have to come out of my own pocket, mainly due to the fact that our current ads are not bringing us revenue--they're only there because they're required by our host. As a college student, I will not be able to afford this without your help.

Your donation may also go towards fees associated with Duke4.net's:

- domain renewals.
- additional hosting/mirror servers.
- P.O. Box for mailing/address uses.
- software registration (e.g. content management systems).

[B][COLOR=#CE0006]Update 4/7/08:[/COLOR]
[/B]Many of you have been eager to help us as of late, and as such, we're adopting the following policy:

- [B]YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO A REFUND [/B]and I will personally make sure that your money is returned down to the last penny if you change your mind about your donation.
[B][COLOR=#CE0006]- You may donate via PayPal by clicking the donate button on the right column. Alternatively, you may donate via a check by contacting [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL].[/COLOR][/B]
- If you're donating through PayPal, please make sure you enter your Duke4.net username on the donation page for verficiation purposes.
- Please provide your name or Duke4.net website/forum account on the donation page or via e-mail if you wish to be ranked as a donor. We'll also use this information to add you to our honor page for donors.
- [B]Your money will only be used towards supporting Duke4.net. If, for any reason, you feel uncomfortable with your donation, we will, by Duke, refund your money completely.[/B]

If you enjoy Duke4.net, and if you think you can support us, please donate to Duke4.net. There is no set amount for how much you need to donate. Every dollar counts! We'll make note of donations through our website, and all contributions will be recorded and stored permanently on an honor list with the names of all persons who support us.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 64785 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    $10 USD your way. Not much, but it all counts :)
  2. Old Comment
    $80 a month? Sounds on the cheap side. What are the specs?
  3. Old Comment
    The [url=https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/dedicated.asp?app%5Fhdr=&display=dedicated]Economy plan[/url] includes:

[quote]

• Celeron® 2.0GHz processor
    • 1x120 GB disk drive
    • 500 GB bandwidth
    • 1 GB RAM
    • Linux: CentOS or Red Hat F7
    • Simple Control Panel

And these FREE features!

• SSL Certificate, a $29.99 value!
    • $75 Google® AdWords® Credit*
    • $50 Microsoft® adCenter Credit† [/quote]
  4. Old Comment
    I'll give you $80 when DNF is released.
  5. Old Comment
    I want to donate some bucks too, but I'll have to check my finances. :)