Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

The Dark Knight Rises Review

Posted 07-29-2012 at 10:46 AM by dan2091

July 29th, 2012. By Marcos Daniel Alvear

They weren’t lying. The Dark Knight Rises is epic. It’s Bold. It’s a perfect conclusion for The Dark Knight Trilogy. Its production, its legacy, its meaning; they all go beyond expectation. ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ is about looking and going beyond the boundaries of things, and that’s why I look beyond ‘The Dark Knight Trilogy’ as a reflection for everyone.

I’ll admit it right now: this is definitely not what I expected it...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 1.67 average.

Fallout 2 isn't a good sequel

Posted 09-05-2010 at 02:00 PM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)

I've been thinking about this lately(aside from Duke Nukem Forever :p). Fallout 1 is one of the best games I have ever played, but FO2 is not a good successor. It is a lot bigger, has twice as much content at the very least, but...

The humor. It is one of the most praised elements of FO2, which I cannot understand. The humor is overdone, juvenile, contrived. Way too many easter eggs, to the point that finding yet another one stops making it special. A lot of it nonsensical "lol...
Posted in Games, Rants
Old

Game/Console list

Posted 09-01-2010 at 09:17 PM by The Dukenator
Updated 07-14-2011 at 11:23 PM by The Dukenator

Moved to [URL="http://thedukenator.blogspot.com/2011/07/gameconsole-list.html"]http://thedukenator.blogspot.com/2011/07/gameconsole-list.html[/URL]
Posted in Games
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Disciples 3 - it sucks, why?

Posted 08-03-2010 at 08:00 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 08-03-2010 at 08:15 AM by December Man

Boring combat, linear map design, lack of freedom in choosing a hero, preset artifacts, useless shops, no need to hire other heroes, stupid opponent AI, mostly crappy character redesign, poor voice acting, probably the worst narrator ever, bugs, bugs, bugs.

Add the fact, that 90% of the missions are ridiculously easy and the rest is only a tad hard and you've got yourself a disappointment of the year, assuming you loved the second installment like me.

And why add critical...
Posted in Games, Rants
Old

Lesser known survival horrors - is Kuon any good?

Posted 06-17-2010 at 09:16 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 07-03-2010 at 06:02 AM by December Man

Kuon is a curious case. It is very little known outside of the survival horror fans' circle, and even among them it is considered mediocre at best. Which is strange, since I found it to be a brilliant piece of entertainment, albeit severely flawed in few major aspects.

It was designed by From Software, a developer which had been largely unknown until the release of their most popular game to date, Demon's Souls.

The game is set during the Heian Period of ancient Japan....
Posted in Games