Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

1. Old Comment

2007 vs 2008 (Anime)

I'll have to check out some of those that you have in green. :o
  2. Old Comment

2007 vs 2008 (Anime)

2008 Watched List

[spoiler][LIST][*]Bus Gamer[*]Chaos;HEAd[*][COLOR="Lime"]Clannad ~After Story~[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]As I mentioned in my 2007 list, this is the series that shines the most. This time, unlike the first series, it focuses a lot more on Tomoya and Nagisa. This series has be more teary eyed than the first. I recommend both series.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]I'm going to keeo this one short and just say that it was a major dissappointment compared to the first Code Geass.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*] Hakushaku to Yousei (Earl & Fairy)[*]Hatenkou Yuugi (Dazzle) [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]I rather enjoyed the series which caused me to check out the manga. Upon doing so I realised how much more superior the manga is and how bad the adaption was. At least the anime got me into a good manga series.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Michiko and Hatchin[*]Mnemosyne[*][COLOR="Lime"]Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]An excellent sequel to Gundam 00 which is even more epic and exciting than the first. I'm surprised Sunrise managed to make a mess of Code Geass R2 yet do a good job with Gundam 00 Second Season.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Nodame Cantabile: Paris Chapter[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]A great sequel to the first, but doesn't seem to focus on the music side of things like the first did. Then again, for 11 episodes, I can't blame them. A third series was confirmed so I'm also looking forward to that.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Skip Beat![*]Spice and Wolf[*]Tales of the Abyss[*]To Aru Majutsu no Index [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]It was described to be very similar to Shakugan no Shana, and since JC Staff adapted both this and Shana, they present the series off pretty similar. However I'm not really enjoying the series very much. Index is such a useless character at times and I find her to be a major annoyance - it's a shame since she was fairly decent during the first four episodes.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]True Tears[*][COLOR="Lime"]xxxHoLiC Second Season[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]A nice sequel that consistently keeps the feeling from the first. Having read most of the manga after the first series however I knew what to expect. Some good adaption but I didn't like how they cut short of Kohane's story.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][/LIST][/spoiler]
    Updated 02-18-2009 at 04:48 AM by Quakis
  3. Old Comment

2007 vs 2008 (Anime)

2007 Watched List

[spoiler][LIST][*]5 Centimeters Per Second [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]I've only seen one out of the three episodes for this short series, but I can say from the first episode alone it's some decent stuff. The art side of things are also pretty amazing, especially the detail. The love concept and overall basis of the story in the first episode was really lovely and very well put together.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Baccano![/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]The best series of 2007. Absolutely enjoyed this one, kept me wanting more, never wasted a minute, loved everything about it. Funimation have recently released the DvDs of this series and the dub is some great work. Perfect choices for the characters and they got the 1930's style down like a charm. No one beats Norio Wakamoto though![/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Bamboo Blade[*]Bleach: Memories of Nobody[*]Blue Drop ~Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku~[*][COLOR="Lime"]Bokurano[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]This was a pretty dark series which had some fairly creepy vibes throughout. The giant robot concept in this story was very interesting, while adding a lot of character development for the children involved and how things come together for them all was one of the more interesting themes about this.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Clannad[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]I loved it's style, both in the way of comedy and drama. It made me laugh, and it almost made me cry. Excellent animation along with great voice actors for the characters, lovely music to set the mood and an overall enjoyable experience really sets this out from a lot of romance/drama series. The series really shines with its sequel though.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Claymore[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Didn't expect much when I started this series, but overtime it just got better and better, keeping me on the edge of my seat wanting more. Didn't like the ending much at all, but since the manga has monthly chapter releases, they couldn't exactly continue with the story. Still a great series overall however.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Code-E[*][COLOR="Lime"]Darker than Black[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]What can I really say? It was an excellent series to watch. Every two episodes is a short story arc which helped keep things from dragging on. Learning about the setting the story takes place in and the variety of different contracters, their powers and prices to pay was a fairly interesting side of the series, and the action was pretty exciting at times too.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Dennou Coil[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]A very original series which was very fun to watch. Enjoyed this one a lot and the concepts kept the series bright and interesting.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Devil May Cry[*][COLOR="Lime"]Doujin Work[/COLOR][*]ef ~a tale of memories~[*]El Cazador de la Bruja[*][COLOR="Lime"]Ghost Hound[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]A really interesting series with psychological and supernatural themes.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Gigantic Formula[*]Goshuushosama Ninomiya-kun[*][COLOR="Lime"]Hayate no Gotoku![/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Had me laughing a lot of the time, and all the references to a variety of other series were really fun to pick out. Not surprising I got most of them considering I watch too much as it is.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Heroic Age[*]Hidamari Sketch[*][COLOR="Lime"]Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai[/COLOR][*]Hitohira[*]Ice[*][COLOR="Lime"]Ichigo Mashimaro OVA[/COLOR][*]iDOLMaster Xenoglossia[*][COLOR="Lime"]Juusou Kikou Dancouga Nova[/COLOR][*]Jyushin Enbu - Hero Tales[*]Kaibutsu Oujo[*]Kaze no Stigma[*]Kimikiss Pure Rouge[*]Kyoshiro no Towa no Sora[*]La Corda d'Oro[*]Les Miserables - Shoujo Cosette [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]Didn't get to see a whole lot of this series, but it caused me to get the original novel the series is based from. Around a quarter through it and so far a great read.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Lovely Complex[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]These days I really don't expect much from high school romance series, but this one really takes the cake in doing something different and putting together a fun little series with some nice characters with a fairly nice atmosphere surrounding it. Deffinitely a worthwhile watch this one.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Lucky Star [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]Unlike what most people consider of this series, it wasn't really that good. Some episodes and scenes had a good laugh from me, otherwise a chuckle here and there. personally found a lot more series in 2007 funnier than this one. I also find it can be very overratied a lot of the time. Guess the opening got people too hyped up.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Nagasarete Airantou[*][COLOR="Lime"]Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS[/COLOR][*]Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro[*]Manabi Straight![*]Naruto: Shippuuden [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Before I even began watching Naruto, I was very skeptical of it actually being any good. When I eventually did, I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it and watched all 135 episodes adapted from the manga. I reviewed this series [URL="http://qshockwave.planetduke.gamespy.com/?p=340"]here[/URL] on my site. Looked forward to this sequel and when it eventually came around, after 52 episodes I decided to drop it. Pacing is terrible, and it just feels so bland compared to the exciting first series.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Master of Epic: The Animation Age[*][COLOR="Lime"]Minami-ke[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]After watching through both Ichigo Mashimaro and it's OVA, I didn't think I would find another series with a similar vibe and style of comedy. Minami-ke was just that type of series and really enjoyed it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Mobile Suit Gundam 00[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Mokke[/COLOR][*]Moonlight Mile[*][COLOR="Lime"]Moyashimon (Tales of Agriculture)[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Who knew a series set around a agriculture university could be so funny? Very short series, but was a great watch and had me laughing a lot of the time. It's pretty much about a young male who can see and talk with bacteria and other microscopic organisms. Might sound really silly, but it's better than it sounds I ensure.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*]Murder Princess[*]Mushi-Uta[*]Myself; Yourself[*]Night Wizard[*][COLOR="Lime"]Nodame Cantabile[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]Ah, an anime that focuses on classical music and orchestra. The series is about a young man named Chiaki who wishes to pursue as a conductor and have his own orchestra. The series has a nice blend of serious and funny moments, and the characters are great, especially the main female role Nodame. Absolutely loved this series, an excellent watch.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Ookiku Furikabutte[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]I'm not much of a sport person, but this was the first anime I have watched about baseball. It's mostly focused on a schools baseball club, where the main character becomes the pitcher for the team. Yet the guy is very shy and doesn't have a lot of courage. I found it both interesting and enjoyable to watch to see how the team interact with each other, how they think and play the sport. Even a lot of the side characters were decent. The series focuses more on the character side of things moreso than it does on the actual sport, but this aspect gave it more life. I'd deffinitely watch a sequel of this series if there ever comes one.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Over Drive[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]Another sport series, but this time about a bicycle club in high school. No where near as good as the anime above but it did get pretty exciting during the competition part of the series.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Potemayo[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Reideen[/COLOR][*]Rental Magica[*]Rocket Girls[*][COLOR="Lime"]Romeo × Juliet[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]An excellent adaption to the Romeo and Juliet story, with it's own twists and themes. Great series.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei[/COLOR][*]School Days[*][COLOR="Lime"]Seirei no Moribito[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Seto no Hanayome[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Probably the most funniest series I saw in 2007. Very crazy series that sometimes had me in stiches. "The Terminator" was one of the best parts. Absolutely brilliant.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Shakugan no Shana II[/COLOR] [[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]Loved the first series, felt very mystic and had an interesting atmosphere surrounding it. The style of action, magic concepts, feel of the series and music really sets this one apart from most series. The sequel was good, but not excellent like the first. It started off very slow and was kind of underwhelming overall.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]Shigurui[/COLOR][*]Shining Tears X Wind [*]Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica[*][COLOR="Lime"]Shion no Ou[/COLOR][*]Sketchbook ~full color'S~[*]Sky Girls[*][COLOR="Lime"]Sola[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Tales of Symphonia[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann[/COLOR] [[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"] Another series I consider the best of 2007. There's not much to say other than it being a very epic, exciting and absolutely brilliant series with uplifting themes and various scenarios which break the conventional rules of anime. An awesome watch, really recommend it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]][*][COLOR="Lime"]The Skull Man[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Torward the Terra[/COLOR][*][COLOR="Lime"]Tsubasa Chronicles: Tokyo Revelations[/COLOR][*]Venus Versus Virus[*]Wellber no Monogatar[*]Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi[*][COLOR="Lime"]Zombie-Loan[/COLOR][/LIST][/spoiler]
    Updated 02-18-2009 at 04:04 AM by Quakis
  4. Old Comment
  5. Old Comment

HL2 Source Mod Team - Star Wars: The New Era

Congrats, pretty ironic since I'm friends with another dev member.

The mod looks great, and as a Star Wars fanatic I'll definitely be giving this one a try.
  6. Old Comment

HL2 Source Mod Team - Star Wars: The New Era

I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this. As a Star Wars fan and a Half-Life fan I would play this.